Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Employee
Fast Eddie

Is Wiz Khalifa retarded?

Post by Employee »

http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=89101
XXcLusive: Wiz Khalifa Respecfully Declines Drakeג€™s Offer to Tour

Friday Aug 20 3:46 PM CDT posted by xxl staff

ג€œJust the fact of cuz even extending his hand and me being on his radar is tight, to me,ג€ he said. ג€œIt just lets me know that Iג€™m doinג€™ what I need to be doinג€™ as far as stayinג€™ relevant and stayinג€™ poppinג€™. But I think to keep me poppinג€™ and keep me relevant I gotta stay buildinג€™ on top of what Iג€™m doinג€™ and what I been doinג€™. No disrespect to cuz or anybody else who might wanna see me do some more collaborative things, but to keep buildinג€™ and keep my brand as strong as what it is, I gotta keep focusinג€™ on what it is. This is my first tour that I got cominג€™ up, the Waken Baken tour, I gotta at least kick that off and make that it what it is so we can do ten more.ג€

Buddy, are you serious????

starks

Post by starks »

apparently

or is he implying that drakes brand is too soft-batch for his?

:copy:

COOLEHMAGAZINE

Post by COOLEHMAGAZINE »

Maybe he hates Drake's music and is living well enough that he sees no reason to change it up if it means co-signing some shit he doesn't even like.

*shrug*
http://coolehmag.com/frontEnd/
http://twitter.com/#!/coolehmag

I'm from the lost black tribe of Israel, the Yos.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

starks wrote:apparently

or is he implying that drakes brand is too soft-batch for his?

:copy:
He :copy: himself.

iCONtheMicKing

Post by iCONtheMicKing »

I'd imagine it's more important right now for Wiz Khalifa to galvanize his existing core than to attempt to grab Drake fans that may not even like him.

It's the same logic behind Nicki Minaj turning down the Rihanna tour.
Internet Rapper - http://ipullrank.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

iCONtheMicKing wrote:I'd imagine it's more important right now for Wiz Khalifa to galvanize his existing core than to attempt to grab Drake fans that may not even like him.

It's the same logic behind Nicki Minaj turning down the Rihanna tour.
No.

iCONtheMicKing

Post by iCONtheMicKing »

Employee wrote:
No.
Aight Employee Iovine.
Internet Rapper - http://ipullrank.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

iCONtheMicKing wrote:
Employee wrote:
No.
Aight Employee Iovine.
This is like you turning down an opening spot for Atmosphere on a nationwide bill.

PLAIN STUPID.

iCONtheMicKing

Post by iCONtheMicKing »

Employee wrote:
iCONtheMicKing wrote:
Employee wrote:
No.
Aight Employee Iovine.
This is like you turning down an opening spot for Atmosphere on a nationwide bill.

PLAIN STUPID.
Opening for someone doesn't mean you are automatically famous if you don't have your own shit together.

No shade but if touring with somebody was the end all be all wouldn't Memphis Bleek or Crescent Moon be #2 in their respective subgenres?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

LOL that was press released?

point blank

Post by point blank »

iCONtheMicKing wrote:Crescent Moon
what's that?

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

iCONtheMicKing wrote:
Employee wrote:
iCONtheMicKing wrote:
Employee wrote:
No.
Aight Employee Iovine.

PLAIN STUPID.
Opening for someone doesn't mean you are automatically famous if you don't have your own shit together.

No shade but if touring with somebody was the end all be all wouldn't Memphis Bleek or Crescent Moon be #2 in their respective subgenres?

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

iCONtheMicKing wrote:
Employee wrote:
iCONtheMicKing wrote:
Employee wrote:
No.
Aight Employee Iovine.

PLAIN STUPID.

Valid point. Its all about how you grind afterwards. I think a good example of that is Blueprint. Touring with Atmosphere got him a good buzz but after the fact, he made a name for himself.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Employee wrote:
iCONtheMicKing wrote:
Employee wrote:
iCONtheMicKing wrote:
Employee wrote:
No.
Aight Employee Iovine.

PLAIN STUPID.

funny gif.

you're right, iCON. but still... if Memphis Bleek was even as skilled as... ANYONE ELSE BUT HIMSELF ON THE ROC, then it would make sense. Beanie Sigel, Cam'ron, Kanye West... they'd all elevate from an opening spot on a Jay-Z tour.

Wiz Khalifa DONE FUCKED UP ROYAL HERE.

Watch him never elevate past a certain level. This was a graduation moment to be on a higher echelon of EVERYTHING. The Drake Train is THE #1 THING RIGHT NOW IN THE RAP GAME. And he FUCKED UPPP on what really looks like a bad choice from a big ego.

His rhymes aren't even that good, honestly. He's not the best songwriter. I think he's a charisma rapper, and he got his lane going... but he's not making music that is expanding his market naturally. A co-sign from Drake would have done that.

when keeping it real goes :bunk:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

iCONtheMicKing

Post by iCONtheMicKing »

Mindbender Futurama wrote: funny gif.

you're right, iCON. but still... if Memphis Bleek was even as skilled as... ANYONE ELSE BUT HIMSELF ON THE ROC, then it would make sense. Beanie Sigel, Cam'ron, Kanye West... they'd all elevate from an opening spot on a Jay-Z tour.

Watch him never elevate past a certain level. This was a graduation moment to be on a higher echelon of EVERYTHING. The Drake Train is THE #1 THING RIGHT NOW IN THE RAP GAME. And he FUCKED UPPP on what really looks like a bad choice from a big ego.

His rhymes aren't even that good, honestly. He's not the best songwriter. I think he's a charisma rapper, and he got his lane going... but he's not making music that is expanding his market naturally. A co-sign from Drake would have done that.

Oh cuz it did that for K'Naan and other person that was on the last Drake tour? :roll:

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

iCONtheMicKing wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote: funny gif.

Oh cuz it did that for K'Naan and other person that was on the last Drake tour? :roll:
you can just say you disagree with me, brah! :rofl:

I think Wiz Khalifa's fans aren't that far removed from Drake's fans. I think he should have done it. I'm gonna see Wiz Khalifa in a few weeks when he's here in town opening up for Yelawolf... and I think he shoulda jumped on the Drake tour right after. How does that not make sense? He'd be buzzin hard after that.

It's not always tangible, the benefits of a tour co-sign... I mean, it was good for Kid CuDi's wack ass to go on that Lady Gaga tour... and his next album is still anticipated, no matter how many unbelievably hollow songs with shitty, "catchy" "lyrics" he continues to release.

and some of these people just have different destinies in music. K-Naan's success/potential is unpredictable, cause he's a totally new thing in hip hop.

I don't even mean it to personally dis Wiz, I just think he made the biggest error of his career thus far, right here. life goes on, even if

rap is outta control

peace, bol
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:I'm gonna see Wiz Khalifa in a few weeks when he's here in town opening up for Yelawolf...
Yela is actually opening up for Wiz, which I find pretty funny since I hear Yelawolf's live show is crazy based on what I've read on here, plus he's on a major now (if that means anything these days). Guess that "Taylor Gang" following is pretty huge.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Quotashun wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:I'm gonna see Wiz Khalifa in a few weeks when he's here in town opening up for Yelawolf...
Yela is actually opening up for Wiz, which I find pretty funny since I hear Yelawolf's live show is crazy based on what I've read on here, plus he's on a major now (if that means anything these days). Guess that "Taylor Gang" following is pretty huge.
oops, yeah.

still, kinda :killacam:

Yela is obviously bigger than Wiz right now

rap is yadda yadda

Renessis

Post by Renessis »

Yela bigger than Wiz?
No.

I do not think so. Wiz winning that MTV contest, usurping Nicki Minaj, proves he is a force to be reckoned with.

In anycase, if one is to take the standpoint of "watch this mahfucka crash", then they want to see that happen. If you don't want it to happen, stop contradicting yourself, you lose respect.
Which brings me to concur with a point made earlier. Wiz probably doesn't want to coat-tail. Probably so as to garner respect for his purpose.
Only a fool can see one angle.

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

wiz made the right decision.

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

as if you wouldn't want the opportunity to blow the most hyped rapper in the world off the stage :pause:

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Renessis wrote:Yela bigger than Wiz?
No.

I do not think so. Wiz winning that MTV contest, usurping Nicki Minaj, proves he is a force to be reckoned with.

In anycase, if one is to take the standpoint of "watch this mahfucka crash", then they want to see that happen. If you don't want it to happen, stop contradicting yourself, you lose respect.
Which brings me to concur with a point made earlier. Wiz probably doesn't want to coat-tail. Probably so as to garner respect for his purpose.
Only a fool can see one angle.
sure, Wiz is big.

but Yelawolf in in convos about Eminem, has met Em, is signed to Interscope, and has a major spot on maybe the year's best major label rap album: Big Boi's. Yela murks that 'You Ain't No DJ' song. He's done lots more too. I personally think Yela is bigger, but we can both exist in this thread with our separate opinions and not devolve into savages. I think :rofl:

:cheers:
AWAE wrote:as if you wouldn't want the opportunity to blow the most hyped rapper in the world off the stage :pause:
:rofl:

I think Eyedea made the right decision when he didn't sign with Puff Daddy after that Blaze Battle (was that how it went down?)

but I would have done it if I was Wiz. I don't know that much about him though. I have peeped a few of his joints and stuff, and without his production, I don't hear anything special yet, besides his cool guy steez. It's fun to hear that for a while, but is he just like the new Noc'turnal?

i unno

be ez :megaman:

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

Wiz won't link up with anyone. Ross even tried to sign Wiz to MMG, but he also declined.
"Anything posted/said by Drastik is false and should not be taken seriously."

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Drastik wrote:Wiz won't link up with anyone. Ross even tried to sign Wiz to MMG, but he also declined.
rejecting Drake AND Rick Ross?

to me, the ironing is deeeeeelicious :rofl:

rap is outta control bound.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

sean wrote:wiz made the right decision.
Being that you are a legitimate voice in this discussion - why?

multsanta

Post by multsanta »

Drastik wrote:Wiz won't link up with anyone. Ross even tried to sign Wiz to MMG, but he also declined.
He declined because he's been signed to Atlantic.

But yeah Wiz is fucking huge right now among the college stoner crowd. He just sold out nearly every date on a 40+ city tour as a headliner. I doubt Drake's fanbase is going to his show to discover new artists and the average Wiz fan probably doesn't care to shell out $60 to watch him through binoculars for twenty minutes in an arena full of Drake groupies.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

WTF @ Khalifa having that many fans. I figured Curren$y permanently stole his thunder (no Jennifer Aniston).

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

Im still pretty industry-dumb, but it looks like the kind of situation to me where Wiz didnt like the $ they were offering for the opener's spot and felt like he could make more doing his own thing. But his team also realized that there was some worth in letting people know that he had been offered that opportunity, hence the press release.

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

yeah, it aint like wiz is gonna fizzle out tomorrow and never be heard from again. it wasnt a bad move

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

Employee wrote:
sean wrote:wiz made the right decision.
Being that you are a legitimate voice in this discussion - why?
multsanta wrote:Wiz is fucking huge right now among the college stoner crowd. He just sold out nearly every date on a 40+ city tour as a headliner. I doubt Drake's fanbase is going to his show to discover new artists and the average Wiz fan probably doesn't care to shell out $60 to watch him through binoculars for twenty minutes in an arena full of Drake groupies.