Mindbender song: dedication to Jay-Z/Slick Rick

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Dusty Fingers

Post by Dusty Fingers »

thats one hundred percent accurate... why is it that a drug the doctor prescribes is okay but they feel they have the right to tell me marijuana isn't?

you've got commericals... "minor side effects may include..." everything under the sun... you've got alcohol a far worse drug legalized and advertised... but i can't smoke weed?

it's a control issue...
And if you're yelling out YOLO, I'm calling you a homo...

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
I want to be Raekwon as a day job
I've been thinking of pursuing this also

Dusty Fingers

Post by Dusty Fingers »

*currently filling out app
And if you're yelling out YOLO, I'm calling you a homo...

Cowy

Post by Cowy »

Dusty Fingers wrote:thats one hundred percent accurate... why is it that a drug the doctor prescribes is okay but they feel they have the right to tell me marijuana isn't?

you've got commericals... "minor side effects may include..." everything under the sun... you've got alcohol a far worse drug legalized and advertised... but i can't smoke weed?

it's a control issue...
What does this have to do with mindbenders music being a pile of shit?

Cowy

Post by Cowy »

Dusty Fingers wrote::rofl: @ this thread and the responses...
haters make me famous

"I want to be Raekwon as a day job/ not one of the nation's incarcerated Scarfaces/ the War on Drugs is just a government operation to conduct modern enslavement"

yeah, people hate on truth like that around here

gotta love it

rap is outta control
lets pretend for a minute that this lyric is dope(its not), you can't rap it. i can think of cool pictures but I can't paint them.

Vlad Analogue

Post by Vlad Analogue »

sounds like a pack mule free styling to the aural remnants of the halcyon days of bubonic plague and conquistadors

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Vlad Analogue wrote:sounds like a pack mule free styling to the aural remnants of the halcyon days of bubonic plague and conquistadors
Paragraph President, you are being robbed in broad daylight

someone call the hiffop! po-po-lice

thanks for listening, fam

Cowy, pick up a paintbrush.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Indivisual

Post by Indivisual »

Cowy wrote:
Dusty Fingers wrote::rofl: @ this thread and the responses...
haters make me famous

"I want to be Raekwon as a day job/ not one of the nation's incarcerated Scarfaces/ the War on Drugs is just a government operation to conduct modern enslavement"

yeah, people hate on truth like that around here

gotta love it

rap is outta control
lets pretend for a minute that this lyric is dope(its not), you can't rap it. i can think of cool pictures but I can't paint them.
cosigned. your music is not interesting no matter how weird you are/try to be
IMHO, there is no lyricist now or before that can match the lyrical dexterity of Qwel.

Vlad Analogue

Post by Vlad Analogue »

Vlad Analogue wrote:sounds like a pack mule free styling to the aural remnants of the halcyon days of bubonic plague and conquistadors
Paragraph President, you are being robbed in broad daylight

someone call the hiffop! po-po-lice

thanks for listening, fam

Cowy, pick up a paintbrush.
lol, just having some fun.
if isaid it sounded like shit, I'd be robbing the whole board, huh?

Thun

Post by Thun »

Damn, son. Copped my style and didn't even have the good sense to remove the security tag. Shameless.

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Stop putting unmixed shit on here. Its bad enough your properly mixed shit is garbage, but this is downright disrespectful.

And hate implies jealousy. Since I am in no way, shape, or form jealous of you, me saying that this sucks, can never be misinterpreted as hate.

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

Slick Rick would probably prefer to be deported than ever hear this.

Said it before and i'll say it again : we often focus on Mindbender's Ludo from Labyrimth voice, complete lack of flow, tinpot mixdowns, resemblance to High Priest Imhotep after emerging from 36 centuries of being mummified alive in The Mummy and general delusional gayness in these threads but it's time we shift focus to just how wretched his lyrics really are.

That said, the funniest part of this cortexfart is his uh-uh-uh grunts during the intro. Equally hilarious and disturbing.

wheels

Post by wheels »

Paragraph President wrote:
Damn, son. Copped my style and didn't even have the good sense to remove the security tag. Shameless.
Sheeeit.... we been wordy and well read since early 1991

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Cash Rulz wrote:Stop putting unmixed shit on here. Its bad enough your properly mixed shit is garbage, but this is downright disrespectful.

And hate implies jealousy. Since I am in no way, shape, or form jealous of you, me saying that this sucks, can never be misinterpreted as hate.
i dont care that you dont like the mix, i told y'all why i threw it out there. i'm just happy Slick Rick got his pardon and i thought this was timely.
but truly:
what's really wrong with the lyrics?

forget i asked. i forgot some of y'all yankees lost the plot a long time ago and hip hop is now just meaningless noise to hate on, whether its political or frivolous, fun or angry. some of you motherfuckers are simply incapable of expression positivity, whether on :phila: or in real life. and i would hate to be you.

YOTMB is doing fine... the flood approacheth. build your arks now, or drown in July :cookiecookie:

peace to Dusty Fingerz
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

reevolution

Post by reevolution »

I love how in Mindbender's brain he has never put out a bad song.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

reevolution wrote:I love how in Mindbender's brain he has never put out a bad song.
YOU GOTTA LOVE IT :cookiecookie:

but i am willing to humbly admit to you, my off-again on-again mentor/teacher/supporter reevolution: you CAN improve on perfection :rofl:

none of my songs are bad... often my presentation is not up to snuff

"bad" is a judgement call. nothing in the world is bad or good, only people's general opinions make them so.

Vlad Analogue

Post by Vlad Analogue »

Simply homage, my good sir. After all, who is Borges without Cervantes..

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

Mindbender Futurama wrote: "bad" is a judgement call. nothing in the world is bad or good, only people's general opinions make them so.
so slavery and rape aren't bad things?

Hitler could be a good guy?

Nas could be a cockroach, gun, and God.

:bunk:
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

None

Post by None »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote: Nas could be a cockroach, gun, and God.
He could also make a sandwich so big that even he himself could not finish it. Defeated, he would then try to open a frank dialogue about race with the sandwich. The sandwich would then ask for Nas to turn into a gun to shoot it in the face.

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:Mindbender hip hop is now just meaningless noise to hate on
fixed

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote: "bad" is a judgement call. nothing in the world is bad or good, only people's general opinions make them so.

the beneficiaries of slavery obviously thought it was a good idea.
the guy bustin the nut usually dont got a problem with rape.
and Nas IS a cockroach, a gun and the son of God.
:ironmike:

one man's Weezy is another man's Webbie
:cookiecookie:

Thun

Post by Thun »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:

You're a really stupid motherfucker, you know that, right?

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:

YOU KNOW I WILL NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER GIVE A FLYING, PISSING, SITTING OR STINKING FUCK ABOUT ANYTHING YOU THINK ABOUT ME, RIGHT? YOU DO KNOW THAT RIGHT?

CAUSE THAT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND.

i could justify my :naswtf: statements with some logic and some existential truth, but I JUST DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOUR FUCKORY ENOUGH TO CARE.

fuck off me. Hitler has fans. I'm not one of them, but to someone else who has every right to have their own fucked up opinion, Hitler did good. Some people see Malcolm X as a bad guy. I think they are fucking retarded, but their opinion is just as valid as my understanding.

basically though: you NEED me. your evil can't exist without my goodness. ha ha. kthxbyeFUCKOFFASSHOLE

will that repel you from being such a venereal disease to me? I can only pray to Rakim Allah it becomes so.

admiral

Post by admiral »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:your evil can't exist without my goodness

it's really amazing how you rail against religion by calling it evil, yet you espouse that there is no such thing as good or bad

calling your music bad doesn't do justice to what is being perpetrated upon the listener

admiral

Post by admiral »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:

YOU KNOW I WILL NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER GIVE A FLYING, PISSING, SITTING OR STINKING FUCK ABOUT ANYTHING YOU THINK ABOUT ME, RIGHT? YOU DO KNOW THAT RIGHT?

i could justify my :naswtf: statements with some logic and some existential truth, but I JUST DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOUR FUCKORY ENOUGH TO CARE.

fuck off me. Hitler has fans. I'm not one of them, but to someone else who has every right to have their own fucked up opinion, Hitler did good. Some people see Malcolm X as a bad guy. I think they are fucking retarded, but their opinion is just as valid as my understanding.

basically though: you NEED me. your evil can't exist without my goodness. ha ha. kthxbyeFUCKOFFASSHOLE

will that repel you from being such a venereal disease to me? I can only pray to Rakim Allah it becomes so.
by your logic, there should be no laws or anything called a crime because the person committing these acts doesn't care if they affect another person

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

admiral wrote:
B. Ware tha Siniq wrote: so slavery and rape aren't bad things?

by your logic, there should be no laws or anything called a crime because the person committing these acts doesn't care if they affect another person
there ISN'T universal law, and nowhere close to every crime gets punished.

white people get away with enormous globe-spanning crimes all the time. GW Bush calls it "freedom fighting" and has murdered Iraqis for 5 years straight.

a law is only as strong as the people there to enforce it.
a crime remains unknown until the victim makes it known they were violated.

everything else is chaos... dance in it

admiral

Post by admiral »

Paragraph President wrote:You're a really stupid motherfucker, you know that, right?

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

admiral wrote:
Paragraph President wrote:You're a really stupid motherfucker, you know that, right?
prove it.

just because you cock mobsters say something doesnt mean it is so.
if that were the case, i'd call you two out as the bestiality-loving child molesters you are, and just be gone from this divergent retardation.

but NO, i show respect, ask for respect, and remain dignified in my dialogue, even when i'm fucking angry at how childish and petty you supposed geniuses can be (who the fuck was saying Paragraph President is intelligent? i only see the briefest glimpses of any :bow: worthy insight. dude's just a fuckin bitter ass Ebert who I don't see contributing much to hip hop culture. SHOW ME EVIDENCE of his greatness, plz)

law - that point i made is self-evident. murder isn't a crime if nobody stops you from murdering, period. I NEVER SAID IT WAS A GOOD IDEA, THOUGH, MOTHERFUCKER.

crime - if a woman gets raped in the forest and nobody hears it, is it still a rape? YES IT IS, BUT IT IS NOTHING IF SHE NEVER SAYS ANYTHING ABOUT IT EVER AGAIN, MOTHERFUCKER.

how can anyone punish a crime they don't know about or they don't categorize as criminal? :roll:

you guys are really stupid motherfuckers, you know that, right? :cookiecookie:

Jesus christ. in my depression, i've resorted back to old habits once again.

i AM an idiot, LOL... casting these pearls to swine.
have a nice weekend, admiral and PP.

:rofl: :megaman:
Last edited by Mindbender Futurama on Fri May 30, 2008 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Mindbender Futurama wrote: white people get away with enormous globe-spanning crimes all the time. GW Bush calls it "freedom fighting" and has murdered Iraqis for 5 years straight.

a law is only as strong as the people there to enforce it.
a crime remains unknown until the victim makes it known they were violated.

everything else is chaos... dance in it
:omgracist:

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

yet more proof of conspiracy's infinite superiority, in both posting and rapping
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo