Post by alpha »

thanks

ripweblo
pork

Post by ripweblo »

loving this good friday shit thanks

Can-U

Post by Can-U »

all these songs are pretty dope but that power shit is atrocious and this comes from a huge fan of jay and kanye

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

Can-U wrote:all these songs are pretty dope but that power shit is atrocious and this comes from a huge fan of jay and kanye
Jay was so lackluster on that track that is seriously one of the first times where I said to myself that he might be losing it. That shit was like one of the worst Jay verses I ever heard. And I love Jay.

The Frankest

Post by The Frankest »

Gotta respectfully disagree on that one, pradadon. It was Kanye's remix, Jay just went in and set it off, flipped a couple of the OG lines and dropped some wisdom on the subject of power. It was more like an extended intro rather than a verse, the way I see it.

I'm thinking more about: "on that Diamonds remix I swore I'd spazzed, then my big brother came through and kicked my ass"

This time Kanye got to take over and destroy the track himself, even with Jay-Z on it, that's how Already Home Jay is to not mind that. I think he SHOULD have gone in a second time though, somewhere in between Kanye's verses or at least done some back and forth over that Snap sample. If the track had turned out 6-7 minutes long, that would have been even better as long as they kept killing it.

CRASH DDZ

Post by CRASH DDZ »

I thought it was ill how he took the MPC center stage tonight on the MTV VMA's. The song is silly but the drum machine parts made me happy.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

power remix is sick kanye kills it
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

None

Post by None »

Who decided to let Nicki Minaj have nearly two minutes on a fucking song? That shit was painful.

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

CRASH DDZ wrote:I thought it was ill how he took the MPC center stage tonight on the MTV VMA's. The song is silly but the drum machine parts made me happy.
The song is great. Both Ye and Pusha killed it. Kanye has to be the best artist making music currently and Pusha is one of the best rappers on the planet. I can't wait for the cdq. Taylor Swift lost.

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

"Power," "Devil in a New Dress," "See Me Now," and "Good Friday" are all good to great tracks. The beat, the chorus, and Pusha T's verse on "Good Friday" were all great; the song was near perfect until Big Sean dropped that wack ass verse.

bignormy

Post by bignormy »

anyone able to reup the original power?

Thun

Post by Thun »

Am I the only one who thinks Power is the faggotest shit to hit the charts in years?

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Thun wrote:Am I the only one who thinks Power is the faggotest shit to hit the charts in years?
No. You are not alone (nh). I can't believe the level of faggotry in this thread (well, I can). Cool, dOOdz, it's that Grown Man Music.

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

This is maybe music to tie your shoes to, but I don't know if it's "grown man music"...

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Icesickle wrote:This is maybe music to tie your shoes to, but I don't know if it's "grown man music"...
Tell that to fan boys.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

People do know that Kanye West isn't Stevie Wonder or Lionel Richie, right?

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i7mmXeRvgLo?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i7mmXeRvgLo?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

sean wrote:<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i7mmXeRvgLo?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i7mmXeRvgLo?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
It turns out my analysis was flawed.............................

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

^^^ intergrity intact

yo none minaj is like the only reason to listen to that song... no one gives her two minutes dude she just takes it..... no one man should have all that power
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

can someone up that Good Friday track?

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:can someone up that Good Friday track?
http://www.mediafire.com/?gvmoszazs6dxag9
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

See Me Now (feat. Beyonce and Charlie Wilson)
http://www.mediafire.com/?sahw1rj1mzpzpvf

Some classic cornball Kanye lines in here. The second verse is just as good as anything Kanye came out with in his first two albums.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Employee wrote:
Thun wrote:Am I the only one who thinks Power is the faggotest shit to hit the charts in years?
No. You are not alone (nh). I can't believe the level of faggotry in this thread (well, I can). Cool, dOOdz, it's that Grown Man Music.

truthaddict

Post by truthaddict »

Thanks. I like the Devil In A New Dress song. (No Homo)

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

"Runaway" from the VMAs last night(couldn't get the embed to work)

edit :naswtf: links all go to the eminem performance

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

Kanye West - Runaway feat. Pusha T

http://usershare.net/ba36h70a7v1m

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

that can't be an album cut, the singing is throw up worthy

The Frankest

Post by The Frankest »

Truth. wrote:that can't be an album cut, the singing is throw up worthy
Yeah, huge Kanye fan but this was terrible.

*deletes*

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

what was up with that weird face nicky manaj makes. where she makes a mad/mean face or something? she was doing that shit all during the VMAs. Really weird to say the least.