General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Buckshot is now Tony Robbins

Post by Philaflava »

Buckshot 'The Common Knowledgy Of The Entertainment Industry'
Pamphlet & Audio Download Card Available November 23rd

Buckshot is the co-founder of Duck Down Music & the lead MC for Black Moon & Boot Camp Clik. In 2005, Buckshot reinvented himself with his group project with 9th Wonder, entitled, Chemistry. The duo released a second title, The Formula, in 2008 and are currently in the mixing process of their 3rd album, 'The Solution,' in stores in 2011. In 2009, Buckshot teamed with KRS-ONE for their group album, 'Survival Skills.'

2010 marks the 15 year anniversary of Duck Down Music. Buckshot has taken his 15 year experience and has crafted a pamphlet entitled 'The Common Knowledgy Of The Entertainment Industry.' The pamphlet is comprised of three stages. Buckshot first educates readers on the 'Basics' of the entertainment industry providing his definitions for terms associated within the business. Buckshot then transitions to the 'Framework,' or inner-workings of a music label and answers commonly posed questions that he receives from fans & interviewers. In the final stage, Buckshot unveils 'How It All Works,' and illustrates the process of putting the knowledge to use & executing proposed goals.

Accompanying the pamphlet is a 13-track album provided as a download card, which can also serve as a page place-holder. The album features original Buckshot music based on the concepts from within the pamphlet.

Buckshot, along with co-owner of Duck Down Music, Dru Ha, has been the Executive-Producer of each title released by the long-standing and resilient Independent label. He's been part of over 3 million records sold, toured the globe performing his hits & worked with greats such as: Mary J Blige, Aaliyah, Tupac Shakur, Q-Tip, Bustah Rhymes, Talib Kweli, Funk Master Flex & more. Buckshot has created original music for ESPN, The History Channel, Pizza Hut, Belvedere, HBO, Smirnoff, 2K Sports & others. He's been a part of campaigns through Duck Down's marketing arm, Vision, for companies such as: Coca-Cola, Mark Ecko Brand, Sketchers, 2K Sports, Scion, Olde English, Rockstar Games & more. Within the pamphlet, Buckshot provides insight on the many caps he wears, ranging from recording & performing artist, label owner & marketing executive.
Audio Download Card Track Listing:
1) What Is Entertainment?
2) What is Street Team?
3) What is a Producer?
4) What is an Executive?
5) What is Radio?
6) What is a Retail Rep?
7) How Do I Make A Record?
8) What is a Road Manager?
9) How Do Record Label's Function?
10) How Do I Become An Artist?
11) How Do I Get My Record To A DJ?
12) What is a CEO?
13) How Do I Get My Beats To MCs?
14) How Do I Sell At Digital Retail?
15) What Is A Marketing Campaign?
16) Outro

The Frankest

Re: Buckshot is now Tony Robbins

Post by The Frankest »

Philaflava wrote:Audio Download Card Track Listing:
1) What Is Entertainment?
2) What is Street Team?
3) What is a Producer?
4) What is an Executive?
5) What is Radio?
6) What is a Retail Rep?
7) How Do I Make A Record?
8) What is a Road Manager?
9) How Do Record Label's Function?
10) How Do I Become An Artist?
11) How Do I Get My Record To A DJ?
12) What is a CEO?
13) How Do I Get My Beats To MCs?
14) How Do I Sell At Digital Retail?
15) What Is A Marketing Campaign?
16) Outro
reads like a KRS lyric, lol

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Philaflava wrote:1) What Is Entertainment?
:lol:

self

Post by self »

the word knowledgy bugs me for some reason...

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

self wrote:the word knowledgy bugs me for some reason...
No more than the B.D.I. MC.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

the fuck is a knowledgy?

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

I can't tell if it's supposed to be a pun of commonology or not but either way it still sucks.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Pretty sure he means it to be the opposite of "trick-knowledgy" but he's still an idiot.

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

Thugli nation.

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

y'all jus sum haterz

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

sean wrote:y'all jus sum haterz
You don't have to worry, Buck doesn't lurk these forums. Nobody from Duckdown does. This book is a cheesy opportunist attempt at nothing but failure. Buck has been an embarrassment for awhile now, no different than his verse on your collabo. You gotta know most people feel this way. But I understand your position.

Thun

Post by Thun »

This clearly came about because he's hanging out with KRS now, btw.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Employee wrote:
Philaflava wrote:1) What Is Entertainment?
:lol:
This Is Entertainment.

"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

Philaflava wrote:
You don't have to worry, Buck doesn't lurk these forums. Nobody from Duckdown does. This book is a cheesy opportunist attempt at nothing but failure. Buck has been an embarrassment for awhile now, no different than his verse on your collabo. You gotta know most people feel this way. But I understand your position.
was my contribution to this thread a position?
or was i just making a poor attempt at humor with some incorrectly spelled rap wordz?

are you really accusing me of playing a position?
or are you just looking for an opportunity to almost be funny and clever?

now you rockin' some premature baby hand gestures,
and that ain't even your style son.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

the truth shall set you free

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

my bad, it just may be your style actually.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

What is career over?

Renessis

Post by Renessis »

All this thought into how to make money.

Not a single thought on how to make good music, adapt or die.

Analogy:

You lose money chasing women, you never lose women chasing money.

Just try and try to make some good music, and if you can't...hang it up.

IMO.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

sean wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
was my contribution to this thread a position?
or was i just making a poor attempt at humor with some incorrectly spelled rap wordz?

are you really accusing me of playing a position?
or are you just looking for an opportunity to almost be funny and clever?

now you rockin' some premature baby hand gestures,
and that ain't even your style son.
what is there to hate on, Glossy? I don't think Buckshot has been an embarrassment. he's carving out his space as he sees fit in today's time and space within the culture. it's logical and respectable what he's doing: maintaining his legacy and moving on.

there has yet to be ONE entirely USELESS book on hip hop business. it's something that always needs to be taught and the more it comes from artists who have lived it, the better.

i'm going to get this book, cause there's always more to learn, especially from someone who's words come from experience and survival (word to the skills).

but i admit i also bought the KRS One Gospel of Hip Hop Bible.

and that shit is a masterpiece for real.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

and i would fully expect that kind of response too.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Philaflava wrote:and i would fully expect that kind of response too.
yeah, but can you UNDERSTAND it?

i mean, some people here hate on shit JUST TO DO IT.

people criticizing the release, content quality, and even -possibility- of Nas's Lost Tapes 2, just because they are so god damn highly critical of everything.

then when the quasi-press release came with a release date and more details, they still were skeptical.

why?

same here. you think Buckshot won't drop at least ONE jewel?

I'm barely 50 pages deep into KRS-One's bible, and it's easily one of the best overall books on hip hop culture i've ever read. he took the idea of hip hop culture and divinity and history to a place it's never been before. they WILL look back on that book in 30 years and say "shit, he was right." the same way we look back on his "I AM HIP HOP" campaign of the early 90's and say "shit, he was right. he wasn't just being an arrogant blowhard." KRS-ONE IS HIP HOP!! he gives birth to it. as do we. it doesn't come from the government, or the ground, or the clouds. it comes from US. the people who create it. hate KRS One all you want, but he made hip hop history. repeatedly. he will continue to do so, even if you are not paying attention to that history.

just because you don't like the personality of the artist doesn't mean their work is bad.

Buckshot may not write a book as sharp as Kool Moe Dee or Jay-Z or Eminem. Or maybe he will. The point is, Buckshot Shorty should write a book, he's that level of independent business hip hop veteran.

and Buckshot expects your kind of response to his endeavors too, so we're all psychic geniuses.

and rap is still outta control. peace :megaman:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KITFUNK

Post by KITFUNK »

Renessis wrote: Analogy:

What about people that have relationship trouble due to the amount of time being spent at work or working? They're neglecting their spouse by going to work (chasing money) and a very realistic consequence of this is divorce (losing your woman).

To conclude, your analogy has a flaw. It still sounds cute to say though! (no hate)

Renessis

Post by Renessis »

KITFUNK wrote:
Renessis wrote: Analogy:

What about people that have relationship trouble due to the amount of time being spent at work or working? They're neglecting their spouse by going to work (chasing money) and a very realistic consequence of this is divorce (losing your woman).

To conclude, your analogy has a flaw. It still sounds cute to say though! (no hate)
Nothing is flawless. I would counter as such:
You lose woman chasing money, as in one woman. But as well all know, some of the richest are the biggest bachelors. Then again, look at Bill Gates...
It always comes down to individual cirmumstance and choices made.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

the last two posts were pretty fucking gay.

self

Post by self »

more power to buckshot for making this book because he is vet and pretty sure knows what hes talking about. The word knowledgy however still is kinda silly too me.
so yeah no hate on my end

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:he took the idea of hip hop culture and divinity and history to a place it's never been before.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:they WILL look back on that book in 30 years and say "shit, he was right." the same way we look back on his "I AM HIP HOP" campaign of the early 90's and say "shit, he was right. he wasn't just being an arrogant blowhard."
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
some awesome hilariousness in this thread.