Soulkast (Premo Production)

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

CDubb

Soulkast (Premo Production)

Post by CDubb »

Just a teaser trailer and I have never heard of this dude but all I know is that Premo gave him one of the best beats from him that I have heard in the recent past. Shame he couldn't have given it to a rapper in the states but damn...sounds good!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Er6R_ZYWwL4?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Er6R_ZYWwL4?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

ripweblo
pork

Post by ripweblo »

holy shit what a waste that beat is pretttyyyy nice

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

don't you guys like any music where you can't understand the words? j'ai pas deja entendu de lui mais ce chanson c'est dope.......... n if he's got all those rappers on his album plus premo beats im checkin for it
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

what a waste.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

i think premo has gone as crazy as KRS but just does it in a more low key manner.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Green is the color to explain this shit

Versive

Post by Versive »

Shit sounds ill to me. I'll definitely check it out.

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

The French answer to Termanology.

Mansfield Status

Post by Mansfield Status »

well typically the more money you give dj premier.. the better the beat will be.. this shit is bananananananas

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Yohan wrote:The French answer to Termanology.
:rofl:

KITFUNK

Post by KITFUNK »

People actin' surprised that Premo wastes beats on sub-par emcees. No Group Home.

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

Wow, who's bankrolling this? I understand none of these guys are necessarily A-list names at this point, but who's shelling out money to get Primo, Ghost, Layzie Bone, Sticky Fingaz, and Kweli to France?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

The video and production all took place in NYC, so nobody actually flew to France for this guy.

The Frankest

Post by The Frankest »

Anyone remember Teriyaki Boyz, "You Know What Time Is It?!" That's a good beat too.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XU0DcxwXflc?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XU0DcxwXflc?fs=1&hl=sv_SE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

"You're so amazing baby
The hot summer blazing
Why don't we run in to the shade, yeah
Can I get you a drink and lay on the beach
This is far away from concrete streets,
Go ahead and kick your feet in to the sand
And let me hold your hand"

is what they heard in this beat :lol:

Huldrich Bullsh!t

Post by Huldrich Bullsh!t »

The Frankest wrote:Anyone remember Teriyaki Boyz, "You Know What Time Is It?!" That's a good beat too.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XU0DcxwXflc?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XU0DcxwXflc?fs=1&hl=sv_SE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

"You're so amazing baby
The hot summer blazing
Why don't we run in to the shade, yeah
Can I get you a drink and lay on the beach
This is far away from concrete streets,
Go ahead and kick your feet in to the sand
And let me hold your hand"

is what they heard in this beat :lol:
i think one of the teriyaki boyz was the son of a Sony boss or something. tthey had some other big name producers, didnt the neptunes also provide a beat?

and french Hip Hop is huge in france. and has been for a long time remember that guy Solaar (no superproducer) who worked with Guru on Jazzmatazz 1? he went gold or probably even platinum in the early nineties.
its no surprise that there are projects where money is involved. its not new

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PwGjX3tl7Vg?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PwGjX3tl7Vg?fs=1&hl=de_DE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

IAM also had a couple Easy Mo Bee remixes in like 92 or 93. im sure that wasnt cheap back then either.

Praverb

Post by Praverb »

dope dope beat and Soulkast was killing it...I have seen this occur more frequently. Artists or beatmakers from other countries hooking up with American talent. It just shows you how influential hip hop is. Hip Hop is worldwide...

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

Huldrich Bullshit wrote:and french Hip Hop is huge in france. and has been for a long time remember that guy Solaar (no superproducer) who worked with Guru on Jazzmatazz 1? he went gold or probably even platinum in the early nineties.
Very true. I have very little to do with European hip-hop, but I have been to France countless times. Of course, it's not all-encompassing, but it's safe to say France is the most 'hip-hop' nation (pause) of Europe.

I also believe there's a quota on foreign music on their radio stations. This would also help stimulate French hip-hop music.

That said, my French is not that well developed, so I cannot judge the music itself.

H.E.

Post by H.E. »

Think I read somewhere that France is the only country where local hiphop artists sell more records than american artists.

My french is really bad, but this still sounds really dope to me.

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

H.E. wrote:My french is really bad, but this still sounds really dope to me.
Really?

H.E.

Post by H.E. »

Really. (Christmas wish: Thesaurus)

multsanta

Post by multsanta »

preemoh! boome bahp!

CDubb

Post by CDubb »

multsanta wrote:preemoh! boome bahp!
:rofl:

Huldrich Bullsh!t

Post by Huldrich Bullsh!t »

Yohan wrote:
Huldrich Bullshit wrote:and french Hip Hop is huge in france. and has been for a long time remember that guy Solaar (no superproducer) who worked with Guru on Jazzmatazz 1? he went gold or probably even platinum in the early nineties.
Very true. I have very little to do with European hip-hop, but I have been to France countless times. Of course, it's not all-encompassing, but it's safe to say France is the most 'hip-hop' nation (pause) of Europe.

I also believe there's a quota on foreign music on their radio stations. This would also help stimulate French hip-hop music.

That said, my French is not that well developed, so I cannot judge the music itself.
you mean domestic quota and yes they still have that as far as i know. the swiss have that aswell as far as i know

Praverb

Post by Praverb »

haha how would I be able to judge the lyrics if I do not understand what is being said?

only thing I can say is good flow haha...will ask my French connects about Soulkast

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

:bork:
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

ya i'm feeling IAM & mc solaar. they're like french wu tang & rakim. Iam got sick beats and solaar is mad poetic........l'as de trefle qui pique a ton couer
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

I.A.

Post by I.A. »

cant listen to something i cant understand. its cool that hip hops worldwide n all but i dont wanna see preemo waste good beats on shit ill never bump

cenzi

Post by cenzi »

this was dope... did yall not hear it?! 1:23 RIPS it...

ripweblo
pork

Post by ripweblo »

when this instrumental comes out someone needs to due a blend

Dragondude R

Post by Dragondude R »

I.A. wrote:cant listen to something i cant understand. its cool that hip hops worldwide n all but i dont wanna see preemo waste good beats on shit ill never bump
agree