procure uno

Post by procure uno »

Brougham33 wrote:Ali wrote some great stuff today:
http://twitter.com/brotheralimpls
dude...

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Vice

Post by Vice »

I lost a close friend at the young age of 28 just a couple months ago and it's a really devastating feeling. My heart goes out to all his friends and family - the bad thing is the pain won't go away, the good thing is neither will the memories.

RIP

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

SeanieCameras wrote:I had the good fortune of being on one of those tours with Educated Consumers a couple years ago...What Cole(Seez) said in his memorial of him, was on point...He was deep, funny, insecure, easy to get along with, drank Jameson like an Irishman, smoked cigarettes like an Asian, and always wanted to "play some new, jams"...I interviewed him for the website VIMBY, and we had an amazing 35 minute conversation about everything from existentialism, why he hated to watch people eat, and why having your life and all it's follies immortalized on video in hip hop canon...Incidentally, a girlfriend of mine from high school's cousin, was his girlfriend Claire for many years...Still, really sad about this for his family, RSE, friends, music in general...Life lost one of the good guys today, and a 100 assholes got born in his place...Rest In Peace, and thank you...
thank you for sharing this. people are the most selfish fucking dickheads, consciously and continually, and take pride in it.

when there are examples of great humanity around like eyedea, i wonder why some of these people don't pay more attention.

you will probably not read too many other good things this year. your patience will be rewarded by reading the words of eyedea.

www.poundmag.com
Segue To Something Greater
by Luke Fox

Michael ג€œEyedeaג€ Larsen died yesterday. He was 28 and a true artist. Forever fascinated by the art of freestyling, I pestered the Blaze Battle and Scribble Jam champ for an interview on Nov. 16, 2004. He told me he wasnג€™t interested in interviews; he eschewed publicists and didnג€™t even accept the copy of Pound I handed to him. He was concerned with making art, not so much reading about it or promoting it.

Regardless, I convinced him to talk. After sound check, we sat together and spoke about art and rhyme and improvisation and freedom in a Little Italy caf
Last edited by Mindbender Futurama on Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Texas Raised Mikey

Post by Texas Raised Mikey »

could you highlight that Myka 9 part?

Thun

Post by Thun »

admins?

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Texas Raised Mikey wrote:could you highlight that Myka 9 part?
listen, Mikey: i know you appreciate MUSIC, last time i met you, you really knew musicians. you're not about having a fucking pathetic internet reputation to strangers or about fame. you do you. so did this guy. i know you're not an idiot in real life. it's good stuff.

the guys talk about the process of music, live performance, life and lots of other stuff worth reading. i don't share with this place much anymore cause fools love to act stupid, but it's worth the read. you will not wish you had those 10 minutes back.

god damn the bullshit instincts in some of you to take disrespect to unnecessary levels. you are not cool and you did not win anything.

more stories of how good the homie was would be cool
hope is necessary, cause most motherfuckers don't care about anything, including themselves.

y'all fools are Shellz
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wicked_1

Post by Wicked_1 »

R.I.P.

My prayers go out to him and especialy his family and friends....

I still have 2 or 3 of his tour only CD's from 2001. That where extremely limited and made just for that tour for gas money and extra cash. i need to bust those out and check them out it's been years since i listened to them.

Texas Raised Mikey

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
Texas Raised Mikey wrote:could you highlight that Myka 9 part?
listen, Mikey: i know you appreciate MUSIC, last time i met you, you really knew musicians. you're not about having a fucking pathetic internet reputation to strangers or about fame. you do you. so did this guy. i know you're not an idiot in real life. it's good stuff.

the guys talk about the process of music, live performance, life and lots of other stuff worth reading. i don't share with this place much anymore cause fools love to act stupid, but it's worth the read. you will not wish you had those 10 minutes back.

god damn the bullshit instincts in some of you to take disrespect to unnecessary levels. you are not cool and you did not win anything.

more stories of how good the homie was would be cool
hope is necessary, cause most motherfuckers don't care about anything, including themselves.

y'all fools are Shellz
There is no way I am reading all of that. Not a cheapshot directed at you.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
y'all fools are Shellz

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8IwUDWVaiu4?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8IwUDWVaiu4?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Texas Raised Mikey

Dude, that butterface line, really?
That shells guy was hella :thebest:

The Frankest

Post by The Frankest »

:leon: for posting that, MB.

Just wow at some of the things he says in there, and then you consider his age. That was incredible.

promoking

Remembering Eyedea

Post by promoking »

Julius Seizure

Post by Julius Seizure »

always liked his verse on this

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aNy0nRgmiHU?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aNy0nRgmiHU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

vinylpops

Post by vinylpops »

Word on the Copywrite tribute:
Someone said this (Mac Lethal?): keeping this up, and acting like this is something Eyedea would have wanted it disgraceful. this is a very painful time for a lot of people, including myself. i have spoken to very close friends of Michael's. they are absolutely disgusted by this song.
Copywrite Mirabella: "out of respect for Eydea (Micheal Larsen) & his family & friends I have pulled the Eydea tribute from hiphopdx as well as copywriteworld. I in no way wanted to stir an uproar, rather speak my heart for the tremendous person & talent that this world no-longer gets the pleasure of sharing. My deepest apologies to anyone ...I may have offended in my efforts. Peace to all"
:copy:

blameoner

Post by blameoner »

mother fuckers have no hearts.

rip

godmc

Post by godmc »

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Re: Remembering Eyedea

word up to The Frankest. yeah, it's truly a phenomenal interview. that guy knew wisdom beyond people 3 times his age. just an amazing person.
honestly, it's still unbelievable. gone too soon.

peace to DJ Abilities.

Texas Raised Mikey

Diego Rivera wrote:ג€œAn artist is above all a human being, profoundly human to the core. If the artist canג€™t feel everything that humanity feels, if the artist isnג€™t capable of loving until he forgets himself and sacrifices himself if necessary, if he wonג€™t put down his magic brush and head the fight against the oppressor, then he isnג€™t a great artist.ג€
:owens:
From reading all the nice things written about Eyedea he sounds like a great dude (nh).

blameoner

Post by blameoner »

Texas Raised Mikey wrote:
Diego Rivera wrote:ג€œAn artist is above all a human being, profoundly human to the core. If the artist canג€™t feel everything that humanity feels, if the artist isnג€™t capable of loving until he forgets himself and sacrifices himself if necessary, if he wonג€™t put down his magic brush and head the fight against the oppressor, then he isnג€™t a great artist.ג€
From reading all the nice things written about Eyedea he sounds like a great dude (nh).
10 minutes ago you were talking heroin texts. the bandwagon left already, death proof.

Texas Raised Mikey

blameoner wrote:
10 minutes ago you were talking heroin texts. the bandwagon left already, death proof.
You are too new to be popping off at me. I will ruin your existence here. If you read a lil more you will understand the context of what I was saying son.

blameoner

Post by blameoner »

blameoner wrote:
You are too new to be popping off at me. I will ruin your existence here. If you read a lil more you will understand the context of what I was saying son.
fuck your "context" and your hanna montanna ass picture. it dawned on you that speculating it was heroin on the first page would draw criticism so now you're rolling like a revisionist faggot.

blessingindisguise

Post by blessingindisguise »

blamerone and texas raised mikey both of u need to stop arguing. this is not the place and it's been enough callous insensitive shit said. show a little respect for the deceased. enough already damn.

Texas Raised Mikey

And what are you doing in the conversation now? Go back to lurk mode.

Texas Raised Mikey

blameoner wrote:
blameoner wrote:
fuck your "context" and your hanna montanna ass picture. it dawned on you that speculating it was heroin on the first page would draw criticism so now you're rolling like a revisionist faggot.
Find another thread to talk shit in. I have plenty of post's for you to choose from.

Dap

Post by Dap »

is it so hard for people to come in the thread and drop their positive thoughts and or RIP and keep it moving? no need for the speculation and negative shit in this thread.

blameoner

Post by blameoner »

go heroin chat with your nationwide network of smack buddies

b.radio

Post by b.radio »

Texas Raised Mikey wrote: You are too new to be popping off at me. I will ruin your existence here. If you read a lil more you will understand the context of what I was saying son.

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

eyedea was a cool dude. I chilled with him a few times....Sorry P heads, it was at scribble. Me and my brother made the trek from cali to cinci 4 years in a row.....Eyedea was one of the more chiller, :didnt' take himself so seriously" people out there. RIP.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SeanieCameras

Post by SeanieCameras »

Great, article MB...That was a good intro into the person, the artist, the human-being, all at once...We are both the same age respectively, I did 4 years of college, etc. and I felt like he knew infinitely more about the world, universe, introspectively, emotions, etc. more than myself, and anyone else our age...

Vlad Analogue

Post by Vlad Analogue »

SeanieCameras wrote:Great, article MB...That was a good intro into the person, the artist, the human-being, all at once...We are both the same age respectively, I did 4 years of college, etc. and I felt like he knew infinitely more about the world, universe, introspectively, emotions, etc. more than myself, and anyone else our age...
:larry: