RIP Eyedea

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

My work in CIKI is way more refined than "posting about colorways", imo.

DJCommunist

Post by DJCommunist »

RIP, he left his mark

Texas Raised Mikey

Post by Texas Raised Mikey »

Trademark wrote:Damn, this is actually a really fucking good song...I'm going buy the discography and donate as I'm assuming money directed to both places will help the family...
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z9-eKhCukW8?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z9-eKhCukW8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
That is a great song.

IDAL, be a faggot in silence. We are all friends here and one of our friends best friends has passed. Show some respect.
:mods:

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Lets not make this thread about another one of IDAL's urges to troll and talk shit. Let's focus.

For those who haven't donated to this memorial fund:
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/websc ... 0a4ab6ee74
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

i cant say i ever bumped his music, but i did like the song On This I Stand a lot back in the day when i first started bumping alot of indie artists. Death in every capacity is a terrible thing and you cant place one death above another under any circumstances.

RIP and i hope the people closest to him can soon regain some normalcy in their lives.

sneed

Post by sneed »

theres a lot of hate in this thread. you'd think people would be human once in a while.

You can take any man and slander him to the ground or position him up high.
And where you choose to place your words at times like this shows the level you're at yourself.

have some respect for a patron of hip-hop at least.

Anthony, at least that Camo Tau guy you were eulogizing over when he died left a legacy behind in the form of that picture of him in the size 28" waist jeans laying the smackdown on Copywrite.

This Eyedea guy was, what, the 2001 version of that Thesaurus dude or something?

vinylpops

Post by vinylpops »

I Drive A Lexus wrote:Anthony, at least that Camo Tau guy you were eulogizing over when he died left a legacy behind in the form of that picture of him in the size 28" waist jeans laying the smackdown on Copywrite.

This Eyedea guy was, what, the 2001 version of that Thesaurus dude or something?
Keep in mind that all message board trolls look like this:

Right, dude?

Thun

Post by Thun »

Can we make a thread in P&B for those of who want to make fun of this situation, and the reaction within this thread then?
Last edited by Thun on Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

I think that seems a little better than what you guys are doing now...

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

not a bad idea
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Da gawd Jaybee.

I'm not making light of the situation, anyway. Just pointing out, as Roger and the other guy said, that most people on here are glaring hypocrites pulling out their hankerchiefs as they earnestly state what this dude meant to them when they've used him as a "lol nerd rapper" punchline for the last 6 years.

Texas Raised Mikey

I Drive A Lexus wrote: they've used him as a "lol nerd rapper" punchline for the last 6 years.
I am sure you are right about people using him as a punchline in jokes. But now all bullshit aside. He has passed away. People are mourning. And for me it is not that I knew him,but can relate to how bad it feels when you lose a good friend at an early age. Are you that stupid to not know the difference between poking lighthearted fun at someone when they are alive vs. talking shit at a wake? Grow up you fucking chump.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Texas Raised Mikey wrote:
I Drive A Lexus wrote: they've used him as a "lol nerd rapper" punchline for the last 6 years.
I am sure you are right about people using him as a punchline in jokes. But now all bullshit aside. He has passed away. People are mourning. And for me it is not that I knew him,but can relate to how bad it feels when you lose a good friend at an early age. Are you that stupid to not know the difference between poking lighthearted fun at someone when they are alive vs. talking shit at a wake? Grow up you fucking chump.
You don't have a pot to piss in telling anyone how to post.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Trademark wrote:I think that seems a little better than what you guys are doing now...
I mean, P&B is the same forum where you replied something to the effect of "LOL BEANERZ" to a posted article about people murdered in a drug cartel feud, right?

Texas Raised Mikey

Thun wrote:
Texas Raised Mikey wrote:
You don't have a pot to piss in telling anyone how to post.
It has nothing to do with a pot or piss you ignorant piece of shit. Fuck you.

Yo, who told this Rick Steiner looking nucca TRM he can come out of his face at me?

I got scoundrels in Texas, kid. Me and Mark Fallow AKA Lil' Sippa are like this. One call from me and the Texas whigga wolfpack are gonna descend on your fat ass.

Texas Raised Mikey

I Drive A Lexus wrote:Yo, who told this Rick Steiner looking nucca TRM he can come out of his face at me?

I got scoundrels in Texas, kid. Me and Mark Fallow AKA Lil' Sippa are like this. One call from me and the Texas whigga wolfpack are gonna descend on your fat ass.
You make that call faggot. I got 1%ers on my side faggot.

Thun

Post by Thun »

before this gets locked or modded or what have you, I'd like to point out that GURU's death threads were filled with people making bad puns, tasteless remarks, and wild speculation, and somehow the apocalypse didn't ensue.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Thun wrote:before this gets locked or modded or what have you, I'd like to point out that GURU's death threads were filled with people making bad puns, tasteless remarks, and wild speculation, and somehow the apocalypse didn't ensue.
The difference would be that there are maybe one or two people on the board, if that, who had a relationship with Guru. Eyedea was not that far removed from many people's circles here.

Also, Guru made a descent into near villainy as a result of his relationship with Solar towards the end, there was no "Eyedea is acting like a batshit crazy maniac and is being controlled by some no name producer who came outta nowhere and destroyed the RSE family".

Post by 360 »

RIP

From an objective point of view, this thread is awesome.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

damn rip eyedea and feel bad for sluggo cuz didn't he basically raise his ass on tour?
Nets 2022

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

How did Idea die?

sneed

Post by sneed »

Thun wrote:before this gets locked or modded or what have you, I'd like to point out that GURU's death threads were filled with people making bad puns, tasteless remarks, and wild speculation, and somehow the apocalypse didn't ensue.
the difference between this thread and Guru's is that Guru wasn't dead yet when people were cracking jokes. He was in a coma remember? Also there was speculation he was going to get better so yeah people cracked some jokes. Some were funny. But once he died I think the direction changed a bit. Unfortunately it focused more on Solar but still.

IDAL I'm surprised you even know my name. I post here like 5 times a year. Just sayin.

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

DLG wrote:always liked this track

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8ja1Bu_LIxo?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8ja1Bu_LIxo?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
DLG wrote:I can take my fair share of whiteness, but eyedea's voice, delivery and lyrics are just painful to my ears.
:rofl: from Eyedea & Abilities "This Story" thread.

from http://www.philaflava.com/forum/viewtop ... ght=eyedea
intuition wrote:eyedea and funk docta bombay could be long lost cousins.
DLG wrote:26? dude looks 40.
Mindbender Futurama wrote:and yeah, he does look like a 40 year old Funk Docta Bombay :rofl:

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

sneed wrote:IDAL I'm surprised you even know my name. I post here like 5 times a year. Just sayin.
:rofl:

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Thun

Post by Thun »

Smitty wrote:
The difference would be that there are maybe one or two people on the board, if that, who had a relationship with Guru. Eyedea was not that far removed from many people's circles here.

Also, Guru made a descent into near villainy as a result of his relationship with Solar towards the end, there was no "Eyedea is acting like a batshit crazy maniac and is being controlled by some no name producer who came outta nowhere and destroyed the RSE family".
:larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: / :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry:

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Thun wrote:
Trademark wrote:I think that seems a little better than what you guys are doing now...
I mean, P&B is the same forum where you replied something to the effect of "LOL BEANERZ" to a posted article about people murdered in a drug cartel feud, right?

This is not pandb and this is not some faceless drug runner. This is a person who was good friends with people who post here. We are all hypocrites, you are an adopted black man who has done everything he can to climb the white middle class ladder, yes it is a message board, but Sean is practically brothers with this guy. Not all of our parents were drug addicted assholes who put us up for adoption. Family actually means something to some of us.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Trademark wrote:
Thun wrote:

This is not pandb and this is not some faceless drug runner. This is a person who was good friends with people who post here. We are all hypocrites, you are an adopted black man who has done everything he can to climb the white middle class ladder, yes it is a message board, but Sean is practically brothers with this guy. Not all of our parents were drug addicted assholes who put us up for adoption. Family actually means something to some of us.
Well since I know I already corrected you in Gabbly the first time you tried to make this joke, Whitebender, I'm going to assume you are reverting back to it in order to deal with your pain right now. Fair enough.

I know this isn't p&b, that's why I suggested p&b was a good place for parody, since it is the place where you make light of the murder of Mexicans through hilarious racial slurs. But you knew that.