RIP Eyedea

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

ObeseJesus

Post by ObeseJesus »

Gonna have to dig up that Orphanage freestyle with all my high school favorites on it. While I wasn't a huge fan of his albums, Eyedea's influence was unmistakable and can be seen in the grindtime scene nowadays. He had a lot of talent and it's a shame he didn't have more time to explore it.

Joints

Post by Joints »

shitty news, RIP.

Buster Keaton

Post by Buster Keaton »

RIP.
Reality continues to destroy my life.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

rest in peace. loved his blaze battle / scribble jam / freestyle stuff & listened to the oliver hart record a lot when it dropped

depression & addiction are motherfuckers.. the exact circumstances of death aside

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

Rap-heaven obviously needed a guy i've never heard of beyond lurking HHI and reading Employee threads.

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

rip.......

can anyone post up freestyle from time trave show: eyedea el-p aesop mr lif..... i remember kevin upload this long time ago but link is dead

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ni55-kp7c5o?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ni55-kp7c5o?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

ILL SEER

Post by ILL SEER »

this sux
prayers for his fam and team

Fuzzy Logic

Post by Fuzzy Logic »

I'm kind of stunned writing this in a Minneapolis cyber cafe right now. I was about to embark on 15 date run with Kristoff Krane who was a close personal friend of Eyedea. I got a text in a Chicago bus station at 4:30 am sunday morning saying the tour was off. Its extremely sad and surreal to be arriving in Minnesota at this tragic time. I didnt know Mikey but I saw him perform on september 11 '01 and he freestyled about the twin towers and colonialism, it was great. He really was a very talented cat. Much respect and condolences to his friends and family

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Damn this shit shocked me. I haventchecked his music since he went rock or whatever but a huge influence in my life musically. Thoughts and prayers to his family and sean

Dids

Post by Dids »

The other brutal thing about this thread is that I can't be the only person who clicked it assuming it was just another commentary on the direction he's taken his music. Finding out he was actually dead was pretty shocking.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Damn, this is actually a really fucking good song...I'm going buy the discography and donate as I'm assuming money directed to both places will help the family...
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z9-eKhCukW8?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z9-eKhCukW8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

definitely donated to his memorial fund.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Mr. J Selectah

Post by Mr. J Selectah »

No, what really sucks is the way some people act online, when so many always "placed" Eyedea in the category of a white nerd rapper and not even one mention about him untill this day, and now come here to give bullshit fake RIP's, "oh he had a tremendous talent"...shameless, that's what it is...
First Born, man that album had a hell of an impact on me not so long ago, "Murder of memories" was the first track i heard as a reference to Eyedea, and from that moment on, the feeling kept growing...he was still a youngman, it's just a shame this had to happen...damn.
"You should let your man speak on your behalf, because when i let my blade slice, you'll just be half!"

Thun

Post by Thun »

Mr. J Selectah wrote:No, what really sucks is the way some people act online, when so many always "placed" Eyedea in the category of a white nerd rapper and not even one mention about him untill this day, and now come here to give bullshit fake RIP's, "oh he had a tremendous talent"...shameless, that's what it is...
Yeah, the reactions here are quite similar to when GURU died, except a little more intense. Past searches indicate that in both cases, certain posters did a serious 180.

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

Mr. J Selectah wrote:No, what really sucks is the way some people act online, when so many always "placed" Eyedea in the category of a white nerd rapper and not even one mention about him untill this day, and now come here to give bullshit fake RIP's, "oh he had a tremendous talent"...shameless, that's what it is...
:larry: I don't think this deserves mentioning, anytime someone an entire board admires passes away, its a tragedy and everyone is sad. whether or not you believe the notions are genuine, should really be left to you and is completely unnecessary to air out. in other words, GTFO. respect due where respect due.

i always found this song amazing.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fi2jQvkM2JI?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fi2jQvkM2JI?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

devoglam

Post by devoglam »

cat was supremely talented. RIP

Seduce

Post by Seduce »

Thun wrote:
Yeah, the reactions here are quite similar to when GURU died, except a little more intense. Past searches indicate that in both cases, certain posters did a serious 180.
It's human nature. Get over it.

People realize the price of a person's life in times like these. Petty labels and criticisms become irrelevant and humility sets in. Just because someone didn't enjoy his music, doesn't mean they aren't allowed to offer condolences and thoughts.

AlienNationRadio

Post by AlienNationRadio »

RIP Eyedea

CRASH DDZ

Post by CRASH DDZ »

http://cgi.ebay.com/Eyedea-Micheal-Lars ... 3f041282ff

an odd ebay auction of a poem book by eyedea?

After seeing this I suggested the seller donate a postion of the money to his memorial fund. the $100 opening price seems a bit opprotunistic.

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3xz9OXdnS74?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3xz9OXdnS74?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

kinda crazy listening to this now.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thun wrote:
This thread is pretty sickening with these fairweather faggits on some Westerberg High in mourning after Heather # 1 dies type shiznit.

Is one less farm-rap downhick rapper/possible junkie who nobody outside of HHI has ever heard really a tragedy? What purpose did this dude serve in life now that Scribble Jam is defunct anyway? Did the death of Scribble Jam contribute to this dudes depression, and, if so, should Kevin Beacham be charged with manslaughter?

Versive

Post by Versive »

^bad person.

CRASH DDZ

Post by CRASH DDZ »

I Drive A Lexus wrote: Is one less farm-rap downhick rapper/possible junkie who nobody outside of HHI has ever heard really a tragedy? What purpose did this dude serve in life now that Scribble Jam is defunct anyway? Did the death of Scribble Jam contribute to this dudes depression, and, if so, should Kevin Beacham be charged with manslaughter?

It's at least two levels above if you died this afternoon ya piece of shit.

Wat? It's not like MC Ren or the dude from the "oh, u mad 'cuz i'm stylin' on u??" video has died here.

This is like Fuse One or some dude who Mindbender judged in a Canadian rap battle youtube video dying.

CRASH DDZ

Post by CRASH DDZ »

You're right.. It's at least 3 steps above...

Versive

Post by Versive »

The fact that you have to learn this from a message board is disturbing, but when people die you don't go and say that they served no purpose in life.

elohim

Post by elohim »

:arrow: No idea why you guys are feeding the troll here. IDAL is legendary at it. If you just ignore him, dude will go back to posting about colorways in Can I Kick It.

CRASH DDZ

Post by CRASH DDZ »

This type of posting shows who is really just here to be a dick. To be funny. Or hardcore. The epitomy of trolling, not having any cooth or simply has no life and lives for the hope of a :rofls: post.

Poster number 2 on ignore for me.