The T.R.O.Y. Blog is officially back and...

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

The T.R.O.Y. Blog is officially back and...

Post by Philaflava »

so is Thun!

Check out the 1st post of the relaunch. Bookmark. Subscribe. Share.

http://www.thetroyblog.com/2010/10/17/t ... editorial/

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

First: I was waiting for you to use the word "comportment" :rofl: . Mission accomplished.

Second: it's "schism". :smugkid:

Third: for the first time almost ever, I see ol' boy positively express anticipation of something, ala "Lost Tapes 2". is it a new day? wow. it just almost may be.

rap, with the resurrection of T.R.O.Y., is still out of control :ironmike:

keep hope alive, fellas :cheers:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thun

Post by Thun »

Shaddup, fag.

Shiftshock

Post by Shiftshock »

alright sounds fresh

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Thun wrote:Shaddup, fag.
you're welcome.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RiVerse

Post by RiVerse »

An attempt to combine rap nerd scholarship with DJing craftsmanship.

Play: http://soundcloud.com/itsoverture/classic-rap-vol-1

Download: http://soundcloud.com/itsoverture/class ... 1/download

Tracklist:

1. Bobyahed2dis - Redman (+) Save Their Souls - Hamilton Bohannon
2. The Planet - Gang Starr
3. Whole City Behind Us - Kanye West
4. Streets Of New York (Acapella) - Rakim (+) Heart Of The City (Instrumental) - Kanye West (with elements of Escape From New York - Sadat X w. Pete Rock)
5. Trouble Man - Inspectah Deck (prod. Pete Rock)
6. Sucka Nigga (Instrumental) - A Tribe Called Quest
7. For You - Little Brother
8. Royal Flush (Accapella) - Andre 3000 (+) Goldmine (Instrumental) - Dr. Dre
9. Lyin King (Instrumental) - Nine (+) Apocalypse - Wyclef
10. Audiotorium - Mos Def (prod. Madlib)
11. Make Em NV - J Dilla
12. Represent (verse) - Big L (+) Moses Theme - Frankie Bleu (sample used for ג€œ24 Hours To Liveג€)
13. Click (DJ Premier Intro)
14. Thirteen - Organized Konfusion (+) How We Rock (Instrumental) - DJ Premier
15. Poisonous Darts - Ghostface
16. Made You Look (Acapella) - Nas (+) Illy (Instrumental) - El-P
17. When The Last Time (Acapella) - Clipse (+) Get At Me (Instrumental) - Alchemist
18. Return Of The Mac - Prodigy (prod. Alchemist) (+) Beatnuts Forever (Instrumental) - Beatnuts
19. None Of Yג€™all Better (verse) - Jadakiss (prod. DJ Premier) (with elements of No Mercy (Instrumental) - Alchemist)
20. The Stomp - Ol Dirty Bastard (+) The Edge - David McCallum

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

:cheers: on the blog being back up.

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

overdue

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Congrats. The new page looks great. :cheers:

DLG

Post by DLG »

the blog looks fresh, good job

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

"In the time it once took to shoplift an AZ cassingle" should be a new unit of time.

reading now. good shit thun. dope new design. subscribed via googley.

props

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

:cheers:
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Props to Cenzi on the design.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Philaflava wrote:Props to Cenzi on the design.
Yeah big props on that. Looks great. Way better than anything that I could have done.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

I enjoy Thun's writing.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

^ we all do. good to have him back.

i just threw up the new greg nice if anyone cares.

Shiftshock

Post by Shiftshock »

something new from greg nice? i gotta hear that shit lol

diggy64

Post by diggy64 »

Philaflava wrote:i just threw up the new greg nice if anyone cares.
I just met him this weekend when he was in studio at WVKR here in Poughkeepsie. Legendary status & nice dude. Will check this out. :megaman:

Thun

Post by Thun »

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

good stuff but is there any way to better space the blog entries

they arent the reader friendliest

Thun

Post by Thun »

clark bent wrote:good stuff but is there any way to better space the blog entries

they arent the reader friendliest
Are you referring to the justified margins? Help me out here.

cenzi

Post by cenzi »

maybe add a background to the titles to show the difference between posts...

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

actually i went back to copy and paste an example and they all look fine now

when i originally hit pf's link in the first post of the thread the blog entires were looking like this

T.R.O.Y. is back and so is your boy Thun. As you can see, our site has a fly new design courtesy of Cenzi. Subscribe to our new feed! We are hopeful that the new look will come to signify a renaissance of sorts and that our readers will reap the reward of our efforts. It has been a long time since Iג€™ve penned a piece for T.R.O.Y.,1 so I am happy to announce that Iג€™ll be contributing regularly for the foreseeable future. The O.G. team is back. So what happens now?
In the past we billed T.R.O.Y. as a haven for aging heads and a noble preservation project. We asked you to assist us in renewing interest in a musical culture that was forever teetering on the brink of extinction. In reality, old school rap is hardly endangered. Whether inspired by nostalgia, one oneupmanship, o.c.d., hipsterism, or boredom, devoted fans continue to archive, rediscover, and rethink the music of the past. In the time it once took to shoplift an AZ cassingle one can now find rare Outsidaz demos, wallpaper his desktop with scans of Big L promo swag, read King Teeג€™s tweets, and watch a video of 2Pac freestyling with Grand Puba. What an age we live in!
It is easier than ever to appreciate rap music, from canonized classics on to newly unearthed rarities. If T.R.O.Y. is to move forward we cannot simply romanticize the past. That project has enough devotees.To correctly curate this culture we must examine why we revisit the music of yesterday. Certainly we are motivated to varying degrees by wistfulness or competitiveness. At some time or another we all strive to be the first kid on the block to appreciate the next big thing (again). I also imagine that most of us continue to dig rap primarily because it is, well, fresh. At its best, the music is new and exciting, boldly expressive, youthful and angry, chaotic and aggressive, imaginative and provocative. Some of it remains this way years after its release. But what happens when the natural process of aging causes us to lose touch with the experience of discovering something fresh for the first time?

instead of this...

T.R.O.Y. is back and so is your boy Thun. As you can see, our site has a fly new design courtesy of Cenzi. Subscribe to our new feed! We are hopeful that the new look will come to signify a renaissance of sorts and that our readers will reap the reward of our efforts. It has been a long time since Iג€™ve penned a piece for T.R.O.Y.,1 so I am happy to announce that Iג€™ll be contributing regularly for the foreseeable future. The O.G. team is back. So what happens now?

In the past we billed T.R.O.Y. as a haven for aging heads and a noble preservation project. We asked you to assist us in renewing interest in a musical culture that was forever teetering on the brink of extinction. In reality, old school rap is hardly endangered. Whether inspired by nostalgia, one oneupmanship, o.c.d., hipsterism, or boredom, devoted fans continue to archive, rediscover, and rethink the music of the past. In the time it once took to shoplift an AZ cassingle one can now find rare Outsidaz demos, wallpaper his desktop with scans of Big L promo swag, read King Teeג€™s tweets, and watch a video of 2Pac freestyling with Grand Puba. What an age we live in!

It is easier than ever to appreciate rap music, from canonized classics on to newly unearthed rarities. If T.R.O.Y. is to move forward we cannot simply romanticize the past. That project has enough devotees.To correctly curate this culture we must examine why we revisit the music of yesterday. Certainly we are motivated to varying degrees by wistfulness or competitiveness. At some time or another we all strive to be the first kid on the block to appreciate the next big thing (again). I also imagine that most of us continue to dig rap primarily because it is, well, fresh. At its best, the music is new and exciting, boldly expressive, youthful and angry, chaotic and aggressive, imaginative and provocative. Some of it remains this way years after its release. But what happens when the natural process of aging causes us to lose touch with the experience of discovering something fresh for the first time?

anyway nevermind it all looks good now

Thun

Post by Thun »

cenzi wrote:maybe add a background to the titles to show the difference between posts...
I'm not following...

cenzi

Post by cenzi »

In all honesty I have not enjoyed the direction TROY has gone.

I am only on this forum because of my love for old shcool hiphop and the TROY blog brought me here in hopes for more hiphop music and/or hiphpo discussion.

We all know what kind of shit hole this place is, yet most enjoy this elementary park setting. But I digress.

Thun, you will blow a gasket, but you're writing is boring and annoying. You are a presumptuous and elitist intellectual dictator (who was it that had that jpg of a little black kid holding geometrical figures and shit? that was so on point). The fact that you are some kind of metaphysical mental magician on a forum board where we all pride ourselves on who has more money, hoes and has the quickest draw in the faggot-showdown, does not and SHOULD not flow over to what used to be the dopest hiphop site on the net. I realize that as an armchair critic, you have to be a pompous jerk, but as the quote says "Pay no attention to what the critics say... Remember, a statue has never been set up in honor of a critic!"

Every empire (yes Emp) has it's end. Thun is just showing and proving this time-proven theory by alienating past fans with shitty-witty writing.

Gloss, it was great while it lasted, but even your star-studded posts (consisting of two lists, lmao) isn't helping you now. I do hope you stay afloat, I do hope you manage to web in a few more writers and suck them dry to reclaim all of their work as your own (see: Phil gets props from Bobbito and Stretch, when it was really fuckin Verge). Because ultimately, we readers win. We get more hiphop and more music. Just don't bring in anymore pseudo-intellectual's 'cause that shits boring as fuck.

cenzi

Post by cenzi »

owe yaa. I'm out. see ya faggots.

Thun

Post by Thun »

You raised a lot of good points, gave evidence for your opinions, and didn't let personal feelings interfere with your assessment. I can't hate on it.

Ithe Edits: Also, we have a forum just for us TROY bloggers. Why come here with this, Cenzi?

You know, the TROY HQ forum, where you posted this:
Thun, on some homo shit, I truly look at you as Cenzi's Sensei. No joke. I jumped into this thing because although you are the #1 douchebag of the universe, you are usually right and its always well written.
Anyways, good luck and bon voyage!
Last edited by Thun on Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

You sound angry man. You were once apart of TROY and did many great ג€œproducerג€ spotlights but not everybody shares the same vision. Itג€™s important we grow collectively and expand to all readers of the blogosphere. If you arenג€™t a fan of Thunג€™s writing then that is your right. Not everyone is, same can be said for myself or any other contributor. We all bring something different to the table.

What star-studded posts (2) are you referring to?

RE: the shout-out, yeah Verge is solely responsible for that and I donג€™t think in any of my posts Iג€™ve taken credit for it. That said, Stretch is VERY much aware of Philaflava and its blogs. I believe he (Stretch) was co-signing Bobbito. Am I not allowed to be happy with that? Maybe because you arenג€™t me you donג€™t see the emails, or the acknowledgments this place gets. The mentions/shout outs on social networks from notable people. TROY is very much as big or as important as any blog of its kind. So much to the point what weג€™re currently working on is on Olivia Munn levels of awesomeness. Iג€™ll let you put 2 +2 together.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

it would connect better to the living culture if he got out more. :killacam: :ignore: :megaman: