:: BUCKWILD (D.I.T.C.) ג€“ ג€œPRESENTSג€ EP [NSREP-003 ] ::

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

DeeZyDogg

:: BUCKWILD (D.I.T.C.) ג€“ ג€œPRESENTSג€ EP [NSREP-003 ] ::

Post by DeeZyDogg »

This looks pretty nice fellas! I just ordered my copy. :gyeah:

BUCKWILD (D.I.T.C.) ג€“ ג€œPRESENTSג€ EP [NSREP-003] LIMITED RELEASE!!
[Sealed / Sticker cover / 200 quantity mail order]

Peace vinyl collecting world! The series continues on, and I want to thank everyone that has supported thus far! We are at our fourth release in this series, with the series concluding on the next release! This one is in the tradition of the previous releases; we are finding history hereג€¦.

This release is something that we have been sitting on for awhile, and being that Buckwildג€™s new album with Celph Titled was just released this past Tuesday, it is a great time to finally do this projectג€¦.

In preparing to start Celph Titledג€™s album, we spent 3 days at Buckwildג€™s studio pulling up discs, listening to tracks, and mapping out the project. It was quite the experience in finding and hearing the original SP-1200 disks of classics like ג€œMasta I.C.ג€, ג€œPut It Onג€, etc, as well as stuff that was never pressed with instrumentals, like ג€œWhat I Representג€, and ג€œBlowing Up In The Worldג€. It was truly special to base Celphג€™s project on beats from that same time period as those songs. Amazingly enough, we also found three more DAT tapes (which I overlooked when I had compiled Buckwildג€™s 2CD a few years before) in his stash. On these DATs were about 10 submission remixes that Buck had made during the busiest period of his early career. A couple of which you eventually heard on Buckג€™s original remix EP, but several others that were completely new to my ears. While Buckwild and myself have talked since about doing a following up to that 2CD, we did not have enough material to fill it out. Putting it out as a limited EP was another option, but since there were only 5 songs (remixes only) that had final mixes, we held off. As Celphג€™s project was finally completed over the next two years, we realized that we would have a few leftover tracks from that as well. We also wanted to somehow put Celphג€™s posse track featuring D.I.T.C. and Brand Nubian on vinyl also. So hear it is; a mixture of the old and new. It is crazy to release these vaulted remixes 15 years later. I think they speak for themselves as to how legendary Buckwildג€™s mid-90s sound really wasג€¦.A little description / history about all of these songs is below.

As with our last three releases, we have made some changes to improve on how we release these records. First, this is already in stock (and sounds great) and all packages will ship in bulk on Tuesday or Wednesday of the week of November 8th, 2010. So there isnג€™t an extended wait time after processing your payment. Also, as you know, we are trying to reduce prices on these types of releases as much as possible going forward. This greatly depends on the deals we make with the artists, but this particular EP will retail for only $40 plus S&H.

Thanks for your support as always and stayed tuned for our next and final release in this series. Of course that will be O.C. part 2! We also have a nice treat for all those who have kept up to date with buying all five of these ;-) Keep supporting, as we intend to keep finding the gems!

Best,

James ג€œDLג€ / NSR

Ordering information and snippets are posted below.

SIDE A. (Ninety Now)

Celph Titled & Buckwild

1. ג€œThere Will Be Bloodג€ [LP Version] feat. Sadat X, Grand Puba, A.G., O.C., and Diamond D

This song represents what Celph and Buck's "Nineteen Ninety Now" album is all about. Past, present, and future. Hip-Hop heavyweights going for theirs down the lineג€¦.Shout out to Nick Wiz for letting us use The Cellar for these sessions. It was a crazy experience to be in the studio and watch all these legends record.

2. ג€œThere Will Be Bloodג€ [REMIX] feat. Sadat X, Grand Puba, A.G., O.C., and Diamond D

In true Buckwild 90's fashion, an alternate mix of this joint was made. This remix was done specifically for this EP. Gives the song a whole new vibe and it will only be available on this 12ג€ EP.

3. ג€œNothinג€™ To Sayג€ feat. Rise

Celph brought along a classic Demigodz cohort, a call-and-response hook meshed between Mista Sinista scratches, and a bass driven jazzy track from Buck. This is a collaboration that ended up being cut off the main album. Tough to make these calls, but we did not want the CD to be too long. Ended up being perfect for this EPג€¦.

4. ג€œThe Celph Titled Showג€

Another track that we decided to keep just for this EP. Sinista on the cuts once again delivering a nice extended routine for the outro of the song. This was actually the very first Buckwild beat that Celph recorded to for the album. Sleigh bells, filters and keys... It was a great warm-up record and ended up setting the vibe for the rest of the recording process.

SIDE B. (Ninety Then)

Unreleased Buckwild Remixes

1. Kool G. Rap feat. Nas ג€“ ג€œFast Lifeג€ REMIX

Buckwild: ג€œI worked on this somewhat later then I should have. Even though I did the album version and it was the single, Salaamג€™s remix was chosen before I even turned this in. I was going to use it on the white label, but went with the Nas and AZ songs insteadג€.

2. Da Bush Babees ג€“ ג€œWe Run Thingsג€ REMIX

Buckwild: ג€œI was cool with the A&R at Reprise and I had worked on this remix for submission for a promo Remix 12ג€. I donג€™t know if the group ever heard it and the label never ended up releasing any other remixes, so this never materialized. My A&R dude made it up to me later by getting me on the Ahmad singleג€.

3. The Alkaholiks feat. Diamond D ג€“ ג€œThe Next Levelג€ REMIX

Buckwild: ג€œI actually worked on remixes for every single off of this album. The only one that was used was the ג€œDamnג€ remixג€.

4. Rampage ג€“ ג€œBeware Of The Rampsackג€ REMIX

Buckwild: ג€œDallas Austin had worked with the crew on the Illegal project and at that point I was just getting started trying to get placements. I made this one and sent it over there [Rowdy]. Funny, I did this remix a few days after I made ג€œTimes Upג€. The rest is historyג€!

5. Grand Daddy I.U. ג€“ ג€œRepresentג€ REMIX

Buckwild: ג€œThis was one of the real early remixes I tried out. It came out pretty good but I never did anything with itג€.

All tracks on the A-Side recorded or remixed in 2009 and 2010. All tracks on B-Side remixed in 1994 or 1995.

All scratches on A-Side by Mista Sinista.

SNIPPETS of all tracks on the EP can be heard here:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/8206393191617c70/

SENDSPACE LINK (for download)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/v2sch6

DETAILS & PAYMENT INFORMATION:

- I will start responding and sending out Paypal invoices at 8am, EST on October 29th, 2010. I will start from the back to the front so please be patient. If you e-mailed us earlier then that, I will invoice you in queue and allow you 24 hours to pay to keep your place.

- Orders are being taken immediately. Get your order in and reserve your copy

- Limited to only 200 copies, this collector's EP will not be repressed.

- The EP comes sealed in a black jacket with color sticker at top right corner.

- Price is 40.00 USD plus shipping & handling fees.

- These records are sold on a first come, first serve basis.

- We are accepting payments worldwide with PayPal in US currency.

- Records are in stock and will be shipping the top of the week of November 8th, 2010.

To PRE-ORDER now, send an e-mail to: nosleeprecordings@gmail.com

In the subject please write: ORDER: NSREP-003 BUCKWILD

Provide the following information in your e-mail:

1. Your PayPal e-mail
2. Your full name (first and last)
3. Your full shipping address, printed as it should read for the postal carrier in your region
4. Quantity
5. Shipping option (choose from below, either REGULAR or EXPRESS) *

Price per copy is $40.00

***INPORTANT*** Some shipping costs have CHANGED. Make sure you read the new prices clearly. Most prices have stayed the same but as I found out in my last mailing, the price of EMS has increased overseas. The initial price is higher, but the costs for additional records are lower. For those who order multiple records and pay with EMS, it should balance out. Airmail prices for Europe/UK have stayed the same, but USA Priority and EMS shipping have increased. Please look below to learn the new postage rates. We make nothing off of this btwג€¦

**IMPORTANT** If you live in FRANCE, it is mandatory that you pay EMS (express mail service) for insured shipping with tracking. I know it sucks but I had a lot of French postal issues.

***IMPORTANT*** If you buy more then three copies, you MUST use EMS. That way we have insurance / tracking for an expensive package like that. Thanks.

REGULAR SHIPPING (no insurance/tracking)
For shipping without insurance or tracking provided, please add:

$8.00 - USA [USPS Priority Mail 2-3 days]
$8.00 - CANADA [Airmail Parcel Post 7-10 days]
$14.50 - UK & EUROPE [Airmail Parcel Post 7-10 days]
$17.00 - JAPAN & AUSTRALIA [Airmail Parcel Post 7-10 days]

Add $2.00 for each additional record if purchasing multiple copies.

EXPRESS SHIPPING (with insurance/tracking)
For shipping that includes insurance and tracking details, please add:

$26.00 - USA [USPS Express Mail next day]
$25.00 - CANADA [USPS Express Mail Int'l 3-5 days]
$35.00 - UK & EUROPE [USPS Express Mail Int'l 3-5 days]
$30.00 - JAPAN & AUSTRALIA [USPS Express Mail Int'l 3-5 days]

Add $2.00 for each additional record if purchasing multiple copies.

EMS is FASTER then Airmailג€¦If you need to be the first person to get one, PLEASE order with EMS. You also get tracking with this option.

Please verify carefully that your shipping address is 100% correct to avoid any shipping errors.

After your e-mail is received, I will send you a PayPal invoice with the proper total. When your payment is complete, your copies will be reserved and in queue to be shipped the week of November 8th, 2010.

In the event that we have sold out of all 200 copies, you will receive an e-mail notification that all copies have been sold and you will not receive a PayPal invoice.

Any and all inquiries regarding this release and/or purchasing questions can be directed to me at: nosleeprecordings@gmail.com

Best regards and thanks for supporting,

James ג€œDLג€

step one

Re: :: BUCKWILD (D.I.T.C.) ג€“ ג€œPRESENTSג€ EP [NSREP-003 ] ::

Post by step one »

Buckwild: ג€œI actually worked on remixes for every single off of this album"
:ohsh:
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

DeeZyDogg

Re: :: BUCKWILD (D.I.T.C.) ג€“ ג€œPRESENTSג€ EP [NSREP-003 ] ::

Post by DeeZyDogg »

step one wrote:

Buckwild: ג€œI actually worked on remixes for every single off of this album"
:ohsh:
Yeah man that shit is crazy. I wonder if we'll ever hear the others... ?

step one

Post by step one »

i actually read that wrong and thought he said every single track off the album, which I tohught was a bit unusual

kartman

Post by kartman »

Damn, that's too expensive if you're broke :P
Oh, I've got an idea, here's the plan: I'm joining the army in about 20 days. Not only is the army mandatory in Greece, but they pay you about $7/month. I'm doing 9 months, so 7x9=63 bucks. That means I get the record, I pay for shipping, plus I still have $8.50 for beer! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!!!!!!
Oh, wait, the records are going to be sold out till, like, Thursday....
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit :(

nojiveturkey

Post by nojiveturkey »

this shit is real proper. no sleep commin thru yet again. word.
I dig the flaves

Requests
The Funk Farm - Pataphysical
The Funk Farm - The This Time Tape

Bigg Boss Luciano

Post by Bigg Boss Luciano »

kartman wrote:Damn, that's too expensive if you're broke :P
Oh, I've got an idea, here's the plan: I'm joining the army in about 20 days. Not only is the army mandatory in Greece, but they pay you about $7/month. I'm doing 9 months, so 7x9=63 bucks. That means I get the record, I pay for shipping, plus I still have $8.50 for beer! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!!!!!!
Oh, wait, the records are going to be sold out till, like, Thursday....
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit :(
:rofl: you so craaaazy :lol:

vaporized2

Post by vaporized2 »

BIG
TheBigSleep wrote:Kool G Rap - Fast Life ft. NaS (Buckwild Remix)

http://bloggerhouse.net/wp-content/uplo ... t.-Nas.mp3

or

http://www.mediafire.com/?r26v2u37u6fbm33
:cheers:

step one

Post by step one »

its crazy that for all the sought after things that people are after, theres still things we dont even know about until something like this appears.

Imagine what else people have stashed away...

-SyLar-

Post by -SyLar- »

TheBigSleep wrote:Kool G Rap - Fast Life ft. NaS (Buckwild Remix)

http://bloggerhouse.net/wp-content/uplo ... t.-Nas.mp3

or

http://www.mediafire.com/?r26v2u37u6fbm33
That was fast. :ohsh:

DeeZyDogg

Post by DeeZyDogg »

step one wrote:its crazy that for all the sought after things that people are after, theres still things we dont even know about until something like this appears.

Imagine what else people have stashed away...
^Yup! Imagine the hundreds of songs someone like Pete Rock has in the vaults. And over the past 5 years or so, there's at least 50 songs that Pete has produced that have NOT come out along with not even being leaked. Most of the shit he has played on his radio show with Lord Sear or on other radio shows where he's spun. It's nuts!

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

The Fast Life remix is great. I wish this version would have been on the album.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

Dope Fast Life Remix.. Same horns he used on Blowin Up In The World.

ZiekeFons

Post by ZiekeFons »

pff that remix is hard!

Verge

Post by Verge »

Okay, can anyone who has ordered please let me know if you were sent your invoices yet. I've gotten that email for every other record from this series but I didn't get one this time. I put in an order last night but still haven't got an invoice. Maybe he hasn't sent them out, yet, I hope.

Andyman187

Post by Andyman187 »

Verge wrote:Okay, can anyone who has ordered please let me know if you were sent your invoices yet. I've gotten that email for every other record from this series but I didn't get one this time. I put in an order last night but still haven't got an invoice. Maybe he hasn't sent them out, yet, I hope.
I ordered my copy yesterday morning and was sent an invoice within minutes...

Kool Max Power

Post by Kool Max Power »

I ordered yesterday, and my invoice has also been received.

Krisch

Post by Krisch »

I ordered on Friday, and received the invoice immediately.

But didn't get the email for the record either (last time I got one)

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Verge you don't think James knows its you? I mean you're not sending this money to a company or an operation that is being run by several people. The money goes to one guy, with a Myspace page as a website and a gmail account. Chances are he knows who you are after all the BS.

DeeZyDogg

Post by DeeZyDogg »

Verge wrote:Okay, can anyone who has ordered please let me know if you were sent your invoices yet. I've gotten that email for every other record from this series but I didn't get one this time. I put in an order last night but still haven't got an invoice. Maybe he hasn't sent them out, yet, I hope.
I got the email at 6am PST Friday morning and I ordered within 2 hours and was sent the invoice within 1 minute.

Maybe since you put in the order approx 36 hours after the email was sent that they are now sold out??? There were only 200 copies available. 200 is not a lot. But it is strange that you didn't get the email.

Philaflava wrote:Verge you don't think James knows its you? I mean you're not sending this money to a company or an operation that is being run by several people. The money goes to one guy, with a Myspace page as a website and a gmail account. Chances are he knows who you are after all the BS.
Why would it matter if that James "DL" cat knows it's verge??? What the hell did verge ever do?

KITFUNK

Post by KITFUNK »

That joint with Rise is tough.

Still can't believe Buckwild wasted a bunch of crates on fuckin' Celph Titled.

Verge

Post by Verge »

Philaflava wrote:Verge you don't think James knows its you? I mean you're not sending this money to a company or an operation that is being run by several people. The money goes to one guy, with a Myspace page as a website and a gmail account. Chances are he knows who you are after all the BS.
He knows its me. I finally got a response last night. He won't sell to me anymore because I posted something from his label after he asked me to not do that a while ago. I tried to make a case for myself but he's not gonna budge.

Sure, I can say, well, fuck him and his label then. But it's the best label for releasing vinyl that I want nowadays. Shit, I supported the label and copped almost every single release but now I'm gonna miss this, the next OC Demo EP, and whatever the "free bonus" EP will be. And any future releases. Sure I can go through the hassle of bothering other people to order for me, but that will not get me the bonus EP that I was locked in for.

I'm not happy about this but what can I really say or do? I'm not gonna shun the label or anyone else cause ultimately it was my own actions that caused this. And I'm not gonna beg or grovel at anyone's feet over some records. I promised it wouldn't happen again but the damage was done.

It is what is and it aint what it used to be. The internet is an ever revolving place and I should have took heed to what was going on.
People make mistakes, as did myself, and now I just have to deal with it. I mean, it could be worse.

Verge

Post by Verge »

DeeZyDogg wrote:
Why would it matter if that James "DL" cat knows it's verge??? What the hell did verge ever do?
I posted a record from his label after he had asked me to not do that a while back. Someone's always gonna upload the records from his label but I guess he figures it would be dumb to sell to me knowing that I posted something from his label before. I dunno, man.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

If you ask me he should be sending you the vinyl for free. While you may have posted his stuff, you also directed way more traffic his way than any other site. Sure not everyone actually shells out dumb money for these records but a A LOT do. That's how I see it.

Thun

Post by Thun »

LOL@ brokpackers acting like Lyor Cohen, deciding when and where and by whom music is distributed and heard.

-SyLar-

Post by -SyLar- »

doesnt make sense not to sell it to you if hes only got 200 copies to sell anyways. that limited amount almost guarantees someone else will internet share it for the thousands that couldnt buy it.

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

^ on point

professorelemental

Post by professorelemental »

Ah well, hopefully someone will post it up for the rest of us when they get it...

DeeZyDogg

Post by DeeZyDogg »

professorelemental wrote:Ah well, hopefully someone will post it up for the rest of us when they get it...
^It's out there... Just do a Google search.