The All-Inclusive Odd Future Thread + Music

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Thun

The All-Inclusive Odd Future Thread + Music

Post by Thun »

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/music/201 ... re_las.php
Attention: Odd Future, L.A.'s lewd, bizarre, and stupendously viral teenage hip-hop crew (learn more about them via our friend Sean Fennessey and our other friends at L.A. Weekly), are invading the East Coast via a soon-to-be-announced gig at the Webster Hall Studio on November 8. (Tickets on sale here.) The show'll be 16+ and guaranteed to make you feel old as fuck; it's also a chance to stand in a room with every rap blogger you can think of.
Last edited by Thun on Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

niiice thanks for heads up

they got a point about every blogger being there, like the lil b santos thing all over again.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

what was the lil b/santos thing?

Thun

Post by Thun »

drizzle wrote:niiice thanks for heads up

they got a point about every blogger being there, like the lil b santos thing all over again.
But the point they miss is that "real" journalists thus far have had to rely on people like Keen for show footage and general info.

Bizz Bozak

Post by Bizz Bozak »

awesome, i'll hit this up

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

In one day I bought both OddFuture AND Prince tickets.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

do you think they have some financial backing to get them out there? seems like it would be difficult to get a bunch of teenagers accross the country on their own dime.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Balzac wrote:do you think they have some financial backing to get them out there? seems like it would be difficult to get a bunch of teenagers accross the country on their own dime.
I'd be willing to guess whoever's promoting fronted the bill. That usually how it goes. Flights, accommodations and $ for the show. I doubt they're be flying out the extended crew though. probably like 4 or 5 of them tops.
whatever the case, I wanna peep this show.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Balzac wrote:do you think they have some financial backing to get them out there? seems like it would be difficult to get a bunch of teenagers accross the country on their own dime.
Illuminati/Free Masons/ Rosicrucians/ Trilateral Commission/ Skeletor/ Knights Templar/New World Order/Zionist Occupation Government/Dr. Claw

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

Thun wrote:
Illuminati/Free Masons/ Rosicrucians/ Trilateral Commission/ Skeletor/ Knights Templar/New World Order/Zionist Occupation Government/Dr. Claw
lol

i meant more along the lines of the venue flying them out, or their managers company footing the bill.

can't see much of a return for anyone on a 5 dollar monday night rap show.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

occasionally when a promoter sees a lot of potential in putting on a certain act they will compensate said act for travel and other related expenses on top of the show payment

piff, the lil b thing was teh show in santo's party house in ny, it was like a blogger orgy

thun, it's hard to say who 'real' journalists are at this point unless you go by the strict definition of 'paid to report on things in printed publications'. for my money keen's post is far more relevant than anything that dumb bitch from the la times can conjure up. but that's a whole different discussion
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

they had some actual print in the Village Voice to...was it just this show announcement or an actual article?

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

it looks like an actual article but i haven't been able to find a digital version.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

i'd imagine basically no artist is going to fly to the otherside of the country on their own dime to perform a small one off show.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

i am definitely going to try to make this.

Thun

Post by Thun »

drizzle wrote:n santo's party house in ny, it was like a blogger orgy

thun, it's hard to say who 'real' journalists are at this point unless you go by the strict definition of 'paid to report on things in printed publications'. for my money keen's post is far more relevant than anything that dumb bitch from the la times can conjure up. but that's a whole different discussion
No it's not, it was the exact point I was trying to make.

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

i'm down to try to go to this......

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

lol @ some people may have asthma

COOLEHMAGAZINE

Post by COOLEHMAGAZINE »

Correct me if I am wrong but did somebody say that when they rock live, they do so over their own vocal tracks?

If so, going to see their live show does not interest me. Glad to see they are making it out here though, the show will probably be packed.
http://coolehmag.com/frontEnd/
http://twitter.com/#!/coolehmag

I'm from the lost black tribe of Israel, the Yos.

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

COOLEHMAGAZINE wrote:Correct me if I am wrong but did somebody say that when they rock live, they do so over their own vocal tracks?

If so, going to see their live show does not interest me. Glad to see they are making it out here though, the show will probably be packed.
yeah they do, but at the same time if you watched that footage of them performing sandwiches if they didn't have the vocals in the back it would have been very disjointed due to all the jumping around and flailing by Tyler.

as long as the mics are loud enough its not the worst thing.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

COOLEHMAGAZINE wrote:Correct me if I am wrong but did somebody say that when they rock live, they do so over their own vocal tracks?

Yeah. That seems underwhelming to me but I'm still curious to see how it all unfolds and what the crowd is like. I'mma be there lurking in the back with the rest of the :pedodids: .

COOLEHMAGAZINE

Post by COOLEHMAGAZINE »

Balzac wrote:

yeah they do, but at the same time if you watched that footage of them performing sandwiches if they didn't have the vocals in the back it would have been very disjointed due to all the jumping around and flailing by Tyler.

as long as the mics are loud enough its not the worst thing.
It's just a personal pet peeve...I have been to enough indie rap shows to have seen it done by artists good and bad and no matter how much I like the artist, rocking over your own vocals always ruins it for me.
http://coolehmag.com/frontEnd/
http://twitter.com/#!/coolehmag

I'm from the lost black tribe of Israel, the Yos.

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

yeah i feel that. its normally gay as fuck. i've seen it lots as well.

who knows, now that they are aware of that criticisim they might change it up.

Dids

Post by Dids »

Rapping over their own vocal tracks just adds to the whole kids/diy vibe they have. To me it only adds to the whole atmosphere.

Per the flyer Tyler just posted- it's "Tyler Creator, Mellowhype And Mike G" who will be at the show.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Thun wrote:
I smirked the whole way through this but genuinely lol'ed when i got to Dr. Claw

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

the rapping over vocal tracks usually bothers me as well, but srsly guys, if that is anyone's reason for not going, you're gonna miss out. this is like their 3rd real show or some shit. don't miss this if you have the chance to go.

yes im posting on phila from brazil.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

thekeentwo wrote:yes im posting on phila from brazil.
:phila:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

thekeentwo wrote:the rapping over vocal tracks usually bothers me as well, but srsly guys, if that is anyone's reason for not going, you're gonna miss out. this is like their 3rd real show or some shit. don't miss this if you have the chance to go.

post beach pictures NOW, preferably ones with big fat asses in thongs.

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

Philaflava wrote:
thekeentwo wrote:the rapping over vocal tracks usually bothers me as well, but srsly guys, if that is anyone's reason for not going, you're gonna miss out. this is like their 3rd real show or some shit. don't miss this if you have the chance to go.

post beach pictures NOW, preferably ones with big fat asses in thongs.
ok i dont know if im just doin it wrong or something but everyone here is ugly. seriously its scary. im in the copacabana section (lol) right on the beach. some please tell me where the trolls dont roam :owens:

arson_daily

Post by arson_daily »

i'll be there making fun of the blog nerds and stealing their shit.