DJ Premier Presents... Year Round Records ג€œGet Used To Usג€

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Wicked
Location: Bay Area, CA >www.MHzRadio.com< >mixcrate.com/wicked< >wicked22@aol.com<

DJ Premier Presents... Year Round Records ג€œGet Used To Usג€

Post by Wicked »

I'm surprised I havent really seen folks talking about this album... It dropped digitally on December 7 and will be out on Vinyl and CD in January or February. It's a dope album, even though there's a few "previously released" joints on it. I went ahead and uploaded the whole album and included 7 bonus tracks. Enjoy...

DJ Premier Presents... Year Round Records ג€œGet Used To Usג€ (2010)

01. Blaq Poet - Bang Dis! (2006)
02. NYG'z - Policy (2010)
03. Nick Javas - Opportunity Knoccs (2009)
04. Khaleel - Hot Flames (2003)
05. Dynasty - Epic Dynasty (2010)
06. MC Eiht - Fine By Me (2010) *Produced by Brenks
07. Young Maylay - Temptation (2010)
08. KRS-One featuring Grand Puba - 5% (2010)
09. NYG'z featuring The Lady Of Rage, Bumpy Knuckles & Royce Da 5'9" - Ya Dayz R #'d (NYGemix) (2008)
10. Joell Ortiz - Sing Like Bilal (Version 3) (2010)
11. Tef featuring Styles P - Married To The Game (2005)
12. Nick Javas - Not A Game (2010)
13. Blaq Poet featuring MC Eiht & Young Maylay - Ain't Nuttin' Changed (Queensbridge to California Remix) (2009)
14. Tef featuring Saigon & Papoose - Lifetime Membership (2010)
15. Khaleel featuring Panchi of NYG'z & DJ Premier - Rappin' Exercise (2009) *Produced by Showbiz
16. Freddie Foxxx - The Gang Starr Bus (2010)
17. Big Shug - Spit Six (2010) BONUS
18. Nick Javas - Warning Track (DJ Premier Remix) (2010) BONUS
19. Joell Ortiz - Project Boy (2010) BONUS
20. Wais P of Da Ranjahz - You See It (2010) BONUS
21. 50 Cent - Shut Ur Bloodclot Mouth (2009) BONUS
22. Sunkiss - We Go Back (2008) BONUS
23. Big Shug featuring Royce Da 5'9", Termanology & Singapore Kane - Play It (Remix) (2007) BONUS

All songs produced by DJ Premier except tracks 6 and 15

-Tracks 1-16 in 320 quality / Tracks 17-23 in 192 quality

(is it ok to post this link?)

And all 23 songs end up being 78 minutes total so you can fit the whole thing on an 80 minute CD.
Last edited by Wicked on Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Wicked = Genuinely loves Hiphop and respects it because he grew up during the time when it wasn't full of southern mongoloids and Lil Wayne rappers. From his mixes you can tell he knows his shit. The problem is, when you are a smart dude preaching to a bunch of fucking morons, you end up getting singled out as the douche."

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Not ok to post. It's a brand new album. New albums should be purchased or downloaded OFF this site. I don't want anything coming back to PF where we're publicly supporting the downloading of new albums.

Labels and artists kill links and send C&Ds. Why would I want any negative attention around these parts?

Wicked
Location: Bay Area, CA >www.MHzRadio.com< >mixcrate.com/wicked< >wicked22@aol.com<

Post by Wicked »

Oh, ok. Thing is, 75% of the album has already BEEN out there in cd quality on Blogs... Most songs posted on www.djpremierblog.com including EVERY bonus track I included. Just sayin...

I guess if anyone wants the link, send me a private message.

And for the record, I think it's RIDICULOUS to pay for mp3's. I only pay for vinyl and cd's... Something PHYSICAL! And we all know that those who are gonna buy the viny or cd or both will do so regardless. I'm buyin both the vinyl and cd the day that shit drops!
"Wicked = Genuinely loves Hiphop and respects it because he grew up during the time when it wasn't full of southern mongoloids and Lil Wayne rappers. From his mixes you can tell he knows his shit. The problem is, when you are a smart dude preaching to a bunch of fucking morons, you end up getting singled out as the douche."

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

If you walked around the food court a dozen times you could probably make a meal on the free samples they give out, but you don't do that.

Clearly people know the difference between promos over the course of a few years (which is how long it took for the album to drop) and the complete studio album for sale. Many of those mp3s that were on the blogs were not even high quality or mastered.

Whatever label is putting out this record would not want it to be downloaded for free. I agree with you about paying for MP3s; however I cannot condone downloading of a new album that is suppose to be sold. How would Preem feel if he read this thread?

Would he support you or be upset? You know the difference homie and you should understand why I don't care to involve this site in any unnecessary bullshit.

shakeanjake

Post by shakeanjake »

so does anyone have anything to say about these new premier tracks?
http://duffmancantbreathe.blogspot.com
Funk, hip hop, soul, psychedelic, reggae and blues reviews and downloads.

step one

Post by step one »

im a huge Primo fan and this should be great but Im not that amped because

a) The calibre of MCs on it isnt amazing (Im not too keen on Ortiz & Javas for example)
b) he could've out alot more previously unheard stuff on there. Its not like 10 years ago when you compiled a load of 12"s on a CD for the fans that didnt buy vinyl. Im not paying full price for a load of joints that have already been and gone.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Nav

Post by Nav »

I wanted to download but then say the tracklist.

Boring, old, boring, who, wack, lol.
Resolved Question
Does Biggie Smalls hate HipHop???

"Shoulda been a cop, Fukc Hiphop"

I've been wondering what he meant by this.
Additional Details
Rap sucks, HipHop is better

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
Naw, he likes hip hop and rap. He was just referring to if he hadn't started rapping he would've been a cop.
So he's cursing it, not that he doesn't like it, just for the sake of it.

grass

Post by grass »

Why does Premier fuck with Khaleel? That dude is pure garbage.
When the Showbizproduced joint with Khaleel came out earlier this year I thought it was a joke, dude raps with marbels in his mouth.

And what kind of top secret shit does boring Nick Javas got on Preem?
Fuck that Serato MP3 shit! Keep it dusty!!!

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

With the exception of the older material, there are maybe 2-3 tracks at best worth keeping if you decided to download this.

Honor_Blackman

Post by Honor_Blackman »

only really feeling the Freddie Foxxx. there needs to be another album like industry shakedown.

Wicked

Post by Wicked »

Nav wrote:I wanted to download but then saw the tracklist.

Boring, old, boring, who, wack, lol.
You're fuckin trippin, son.
Last edited by Wicked on Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

smokeygambino

Post by smokeygambino »

RandyWest78 wrote:
Honor_Blackman wrote:only really feeling the Freddie Foxxx. there needs to be another album like industry shakedown.
Freddie Foxxx is releasing an album of ALL DJ Premier produced joints called The Kollexion sometime in 2011. Pretty much it's all the songs that haven't come out over the last 6-7 years, like "My Thoughts" or "Freddie Blassie", along with including about 4-5 new songs. Foxxx said he loves gettin the Primo beats that other emcees/rappers turned down and spittin on those. haha
Aint nothin wrong with sloppy seconds.

Wicked

Post by Wicked »

Honor_Blackman wrote:only really feeling the Freddie Foxxx. there needs to be another album like industry shakedown.
Freddie Foxxx is releasing an album of ALL DJ Premier produced joints called The Kollexion sometime in 2011. Pretty much it's all the songs that haven't come out over the last 6-7 years, like "My Thoughts" or "Freddie Blassie", along with including about 4-5 new songs. Foxxx said he loves gettin the Primo beats that other emcees/rappers turned down and spittin on those. haha
Philaflava wrote:With the exception of the older material, there are maybe 2-3 tracks at best worth keeping if you decided to download this.
The fuck? *shaking head*

02. NYG'z - Policy (2010) = DOPE
03. Nick Javas - Opportunity Knoccs (2009) = Cool
05. Dynasty - Epic Dynasty (2010) = Cool
06. MC Eiht - Fine By Me (2010) *Produced by Brenks = DOPE
07. Young Maylay - Temptation (2010) = DOPE
08. KRS-One featuring Grand Puba - 5% (2010) = DOPE
10. Joell Ortiz - Sing Like Bilal (Version 3) (2010) = Cool
12. Nick Javas - Not A Game (2010) = Nice
16. Freddie Foxxx - The Gang Starr Bus (2010) = DOPE

ripweblo
pork

Post by ripweblo »

beat on temptation is niiccee :cheers:, Fine By Me too