12. Call From The Bank (feat. MGMT)
13. Grindmode
14. Dreaminג€™
15. The Crown
16. Mac 11 On The Dresser
17. One Take
18. I Donג€™t Give A Fucc

http://usershare.net/ghr3jnf38skn
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

vinylpops

Post by vinylpops »

I downloaded this the other day. Not too impressed with his last mix tape or the last few songs I've heard from him. I'm hoping this is better...

What's the word on his solo album?

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

I'm new to this guy so I can place it in any context but I like this tape, I dare say there is some "deep" stuff on here.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_BquO3YzS8E?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_BquO3YzS8E?fs=1&hl=da_DK" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Check the hidden track at the end.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

SHOCKER: For some reason I only like Nipsey when he is rapping about violence. When he attempts to roll into other avenues I completely lose interest in him. `

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

I listened to this and I wasn't really feeling it. Lyrically, Naybahood Nip was nice with it, even though a lot of his subject matter is limited. Beatwise, this shit was lacking. It seems like he was going for a gangsta, Draked-out appeal to some of the choruses on the songs. I too prefer the gangbang, Rollin 60 references in every other line.

He's trying to leave Epic right now. Can't blame him. Doesn't seem like the industry wants to let LA get back in the game with a gangsta rap style, especially if you are reputable like Nipsey or Glasses Malone. You have to be a fake Blood like Lil Wayne, or a fraudulent drug dealer like Rick Ross if you want to spit that coke. Out.

vinylpops

Post by vinylpops »

Did he totally change his style on some of these songs? lol.

Besides the Drake rip offs, this is a decent wannabe "mainstream" tape.

Comedy Quaddafi

Drake? I never heard more than one or two songs from him, but this is quite clearly westcoast gangstarap.
- MB

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:Drake? I never heard more than one or two songs from him, but this is quite clearly westcoast gangstarap.
Not as clearly as the Bullets series... which you should get.

vinylpops

Post by vinylpops »

http://www.mediafire.com/?j9c6bbsr1bewlzz

1. Road To Riches
2. Who Detached Us (feat. Steve Jobs)
3. Run A Lap
4. Thas Wat Hoes Do (feat. YG & Rimpau)
5. Everythang
6. Fly Crippin (feat. Cobby $upreme)
7. I Need That (feat. DOM KENNEDY)
8. Forever On Some Fly Shit
9. Tommy Gunz (feat. Yung Brodee)
10. They Know
11. Rose Clique
12. 10 Toes
13. Tha Mansion
14. Outro

BARRY LURKIN

Post by BARRY LURKIN »

MULTIPLE THANKINGS.

Comedy Quaddafi

Awaiting opinions on this.
- MB

BARRY LURKIN

Post by BARRY LURKIN »

IONNO. PRIDDY GOOD RAPPER AN THERE A COUPLE CATCHY TRACKS. HAVEN'T BIN AS WOWED BY THIS AN THE LAS AS EYE WERE BY THE BULLETS AIN GOT NO NAME MIXTAPES.

STANDOUTS AT THE MO ARE JOINTS EYE'D ALREADY HEARD: ROSE CLIQUE, FOREVER ON SOME FLY SHIT, MANSION.

GLAD TO HAVE NEW NIPSEY IN TIME FO (THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE'S) SUMMER THOUGH.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CqnJSOjYhdQ?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CqnJSOjYhdQ?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Escobar305

Re: Nipsey Hussle - The Marathon

Post by Escobar305 »

Versive

Post by Versive »

Why do all of this guy's album covers look like political propaganda?

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Only a few days into December and it’s already proving to be a great ending to an amazing year. With news that Drake has signed an exclusive deal with Warner Bros. Records to present the October’s Very Own music label, Nipsey Hussle also joins the Warner team with a new deal. Hit the jump to view more.

Drake will be sporting the new title of CEO on his already growing resume, as he will spearhead the new October’s Very Own music imprint, under Warner Bros. Records. With no artists currently signed, Drake will remain under YMCMB while he directs and cosigns future artists careers.

Nipsey Hussle also joins the MMG team with his deal, after being on a tremendous road to this day. From the continuous support of his fans through his mixtapes, videos, music releases, and more, we can finally expect a full-on project with label backing through the Warner Music Imprint.
Both artist haven’t officially announced it, but of course we have the scoop that both deals are done.
http://www.karencivil.com/2012/12/06/ni ... n=wordtwit

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

Anybody listen to this yet?

Pretty good; love the beats. It's kind of polished-sounding (like Marathon & TMC) but I think Nipsey works well with this vibe. I like the tape a lot.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

i heard some of it on dubcnn. i like it better than the Marathon joint. good shit for him on the marketing too.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

BRAZ

Post by BRAZ »

It's my least favorite thing hes put out. He does this annoying flow now where he stops after every bar for emphasis. It sounds like hes just talking not rapping.

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

yeah it feels on some tracks like the rapping has softened up some. i think as long as he finds a good balance between this and super thugged out nipsey, he will do well. the softer joints on the tape i could do without. glad to see he's still out here winning tho.

him and dom need to do a whole joint together, fuck that kendrick and j.cole collab

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

He gets worse with every release. Whatever tho. Get that paper young man. I have enough cool shit to jamm to.