Killer Mike and El-P

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

The Afronaut

Re: Killer Mike and El-P

Post by The Afronaut »

Untitled video was straight, but I just had an "old man" moment where I truly understood all those guys who talk about how much better listening to music was before videos were common place and you had your imagination paint pictures of what you were experiencing sonically.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Killer Mike on Letterman tonight.

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

The Afronaut wrote:Untitled video was straight, but I just had an "old man" moment where I truly understood all those guys who talk about how much better listening to music was before videos were common place and you had your imagination paint pictures of what you were experiencing sonically.
:cheers:

DLG

Post by DLG »

CheezPizza

Post by CheezPizza »

damn, Mike FAT
Rule number one: Keep your fazers on stun

DLG

Post by DLG »

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

I'm glad there is a fifteen-page banger about a guy who feels the exact same way about guns as Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck do.

Killer Mike is a proud NRA member; are you guys comfortable supporting him?

myself

Post by myself »

Employee wrote:I'm glad there is a fifteen-page banger about a guy who feels the exact same way about guns as Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck do.

You have a problem with black men distrusting the government and you support the racist history of law enforcement and gun control movement spurred by fear of blacks and the opposition of black self-defense from oppressive government. You a fan of a bunch of armed Bull Conors telling everyyone else they should be entrusted with a monopoly on firepower? Cool.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

myself wrote:
Employee wrote:I'm glad there is a fifteen-page banger about a guy who feels the exact same way about guns as Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck do.

You have a problem with black men distrusting the government and you support the racist history of law enforcement and gun control movement spurred by fear of blacks and the opposition of black self-defense from oppressive government. You a fan of a bunch of armed Bull Conors telling everyyone else they should be entrusted with a monopoly on firepower? Cool.
LOL.

You support the NRA, Glenn Beck, and Rush Limbaugh and you can't morally justify using your own dollars to pay for your hilarious double standard.

Skip buying his next album and make a contribution to the NRA.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

4:08.

He sounds exactly like Glenn Beck and even gets into some conspiracy theory shit.

Justify how you spend your dollars now: YOU SUPPORT KILLER MIKE, YOU SUPPORT THE NRA AND GLENN BECK.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

DLG wrote:
was hoping they'd like EL-P spit a verse, too. still dope though.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

hope its a full album and not just an EP

another summer banger on the way

GrimeyHippy

Post by GrimeyHippy »

glad to see you actively defending your FOTY title

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Glad to see you lending both financial and ideological support to the NRA and the right-wing in America.

Versive

Post by Versive »

And here you are lending your support to a man who said "I'm glad Reagan's dead." OH wait, did we put you blast for that while ago and that's what's prompting this. Never mind then.

...Short of the anti-mental health screening part of his argument, I agree with most everything he said regarding guns.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Versive wrote:And here you are lending your support to a man who said "I'm glad Reagan's dead." OH wait, did we put you blast for that while ago and that's what's prompting this. Never mind then.

...Short of the anti-mental health screening part of his argument, I agree with most everything he said regarding guns.
LOL. You listen to the rap Glenn Beck.

GrimeyHippy

Post by GrimeyHippy »

I'm more of a GOA person

Ideologically speaking Mike's comment are more in alignment with Huey and Malcolm than the frail Beck / Limbaugh comparison

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

GrimeyHippy wrote:I'm more of a GOA person

Ideologically speaking Mike's comment are more in alignment with Huey and Malcolm than the frail Beck / Limbaugh comparison
His commentary on guns, government, and conspiracies is identical to a Glenn Beck screed; especially when he gets really wacky and starts questioning FEMA among other things. So you listen to the rap Glenn Beck (who by the way has invoked Malcolm X when arguing why Blacks should be armed).

I'd feel like bit of a dolt, too, if I'd been unwittingly championing the rap Glenn Beck.

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

isn't there a whole other terrible fucking thread for this bullshit? :mods: ?
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Uh oh...hearts have been broken...

GrimeyHippy

Post by GrimeyHippy »

Employee wrote:dolt
oh god, I feel like I've debated you on ughh already, there's no way there could possibly be two people who use this antiquated pompous englishman term AND post on a hip-hop forum

anyway, if your gonna get your panties all in a bunch and try to compare Killer Mike to a white man with a radio show at least choose the right one. It was Alex Jones that broke the FEMA buying bullets story, Glenn Beck just leaches off of what Alex says.

and I don't give a shit if it's Alex, Beck, Limbaugh, or the pale-skinned, blue-eyed devil himself, if they're saying people should be able to have firearms if they wish - they're right.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Don't make fifteen-page bangers about rappers who make albums heavily mired in politics and socio-economic and then cry upon discovering that they occupy the same ideological real estate as reviled right-wing heroes.

GrimeyHippy

Post by GrimeyHippy »

Employee wrote:Don't make fifteen-page bangers about rappers who make albums heavily mired in politics and socio-economic and then cry upon discovering that they occupy the same ideological real estate as reviled right-wing heroes.
the funny thing is this sounds like it was some kind of revelation to you while the rest of us already knew he probably felt this way, because most people do

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

GrimeyHippy wrote:
Employee wrote:dolt
oh god, I feel like I've debated you on ughh already, there's no way there could possibly be two people who use this antiquated pompous englishman term AND post on a hip-hop forum

anyway, if your gonna get your panties all in a bunch and try to compare Killer Mike to a white man with a radio show at least choose the right one. It was Alex Jones that broke the FEMA buying bullets story, Glenn Beck just leaches off of what Alex says.

and I don't give a shit if it's Alex, Beck, Limbaugh, or the pale-skinned, blue-eyed devil himself, if they're saying people should be able to have firearms if they wish - they're right.
Oh...I see: your only outraged when it is convenient and doesn't interfere with reality.

You support Killer Mike as well as Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, and Alex Jones.

GrimeyHippy

Post by GrimeyHippy »

Well, nothing in this thread so far has "outraged" me or even aroused any emotion in me other than slight annoyance so you'll have to fill me in on what you mean

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

GrimeyHippy wrote:
Employee wrote:Don't make fifteen-page bangers about rappers who make albums heavily mired in politics and socio-economic and then cry upon discovering that they occupy the same ideological real estate as reviled right-wing heroes.
the funny thing is this sounds like it was some kind of revelation to you while the rest of us already knew he probably felt this way, because most people do
You believe that, as Killer Mike said in the video, that "most people" want to own fully automatic weapons? Were you born a tard or do you just play one on the internet?

GrimeyHippy

Post by GrimeyHippy »

well thanks for putting words in my mouth and beliefs in my head but anyway...eh....what were saying about "interfering with reality"?

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Those are your precise words: "most people feel that way."

That means that most people sleep with a pair of Mossbergs on either side of the bed?

Let's get back to reality and we'll start our journey with you clarifying yourself.