Killer Mike and El-P

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Neuro

Re: Killer Mike and El-P

Post by Neuro »

pradadon wrote:Nas stopped by the listening session in NY and played a new joint he did called The Season over Dilla's Gobstopper. Shit sounds crazy

http://youtu.be/TMTdntpyofE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
shit gave me goosebumps, cant wait to see what nas is cookin up now that he has freedom to do whatever, and the fact that hes reppin run the jewels, gooooooood shit

Kiran187

Post by Kiran187 »

If you're new to the Run The Jewels shit, would it be better to cop part 1 or part 2 for the first listen?

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

I'm not sure it matters as much given the majority of the subject matter, but I do think the first one is a better primer, the second record doesn't sound like a debut.

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

Listening session. That looks like an extremely awkward way to spend an evening.

Liking this album more with every listen. Was pretty geeked to hear that new Nas track too.

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

Y@k Bollocks wrote:Listening session. That looks like an extremely awkward way to spend an evening.
150 posers bobbing their heads in an uncoordinated trance-like state with not a single (or taken) female in sight? Sounds like a dream date for 3/4 of the posters on this board.
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

pradadon wrote:Nas stopped by the listening session in NY and played a new joint he did called The Season over Dilla's Gobstopper. Shit sounds crazy

http://youtu.be/TMTdntpyofE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jay Elec still got that one tho

PEACE

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

full song now out

http://www.audiomack.com/song/nas/the-season" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

That's the most Dilated Peoples' song Nas has ever recorded.

I cannot believe that is what cats are buzzing about.

RAP METAMUCIL.

zombie

Post by zombie »

yea

zombie

Post by zombie »

lol at mike getting a hug but nothing for el-p

lol at them getting to sit down and el-p having to stand up

TheTed

Post by TheTed »

Employee wrote:cats
:larry:

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

Y@k Bollocks wrote:Listening session. That looks like an extremely awkward way to spend an evening.
except it wasn't a listening session, but a screening of "The Warriors" in a movie theater.

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

Cleanhobo wrote:
150 posers bobbing their heads in an uncoordinated trance-like state with not a single (or taken) female in sight? Sounds like a dream date for 3/4 of the posters on this board.
:lol:

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

Cleanhobo wrote:
They screened the Warriors for like 20 people and gave them an exclusive 7", then nas came out and played a new song, yeah sounds unbearable
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

Employee wrote:Image
:rofl:
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

unbelievable dickhead

Post by unbelievable dickhead »

RAP music and Cancer for Cure are two of my fav albums ever.
So the first RTJ was exciting. And the singles for RTJ2 were exciting. but... //nerd// i got really tired of their rhyme patterns on RTJ2. maybe it was just a mood. i'll have to revisit it the week leading up to them hitting my city.

Busta Ry

Post by Busta Ry »

Great to see them getting some national exposure like that. Great for them and great for hiphop in general. The sound man deserves a smack, but whatever.

I'm with the homie Bob Sonic though, I think el-p is dope on the mic and quite capable in the worst of scenarios. since ISWYD, he's been really excellent - better than he was earlier in his career, in my opinion. I think that voices deepening with age works well for some emcees, and in his case it's done El Producto a favor. Prodigy on the other hand....

I love this fucking record. I love all four Mike and El-P team ups.

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

The first album was good, but... goddamn. Loving the new RTJ.
Busta Ry wrote:I'm with the homie Bob Sonic though, I think el-p is dope on the mic and quite capable in the worst of scenarios. since ISWYD, he's been really excellent - better than he was earlier in his career, in my opinion. I think that voices deepening with age works well for some emcees, and in his case it's done El Producto a favor.
I've always enjoyed El-P's rapping, but I agree that his work post-ISWYD blows anything previous out of the water. On this album, it really feels like he knew Killer Mike was going to bring it, and he stepped his game up so he didn't get remixed out of his own album by kids on the internet.

axel foley

Post by axel foley »

Saw 'em last night in DC. Killed it. No solo Killer or El sets this time around. Despot is good. Ratking are kind of terrible.

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

axel foley wrote: Ratking are kind of terrible.
as in, they did a terrible performance even though you like their music, or you just never got into their music and you didn't like anything about them?

i saw them perform live over a year ago and enjoyed their set and songs.

Post by 907 »

christian from austin wrote:
907 wrote: Also, I'm getting pretty fucking sick of Despot killing everything he's on and still not having an album after all these years. You're good at raps, dick, so do it a bunch and let me give you money for it.
this posts sounds mad pretentious and homoerotic, much like rthj2

Liking a rapper and wanting more of their raps is pretentious and gay now? Really?
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

cfa likes rustling jimmies

Rustle The Jimmies

axel foley

Post by axel foley »

sleazy_j wrote:
axel foley wrote: Ratking are kind of terrible.
as in, they did a terrible performance even though you like their music, or you just never got into their music and you didn't like anything about them?

i saw them perform live over a year ago and enjoyed their set and songs.
I'm indifferent to their music. First 2-3 songs were ok, then it just became grating. Not that the songs got worse or anything. That Wiki dude in particular. Between his voice and cadence, it was just too tedious to enjoy. And coming after Despot's set, it was just a little too serious. The John Salley from Bad Boys lookin dude next to me who was gripping an RK Cd-r didn't help either. Dude talked shit throughout Despot's set then proceeded to bounce right before Mike and El got on. Honestly, I don't know how people go to these shows sober or go to shows and stand in the back watching this shit emotionless.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

axel foley wrote: I'm indifferent to their music. First 2-3 songs were ok, then it just became grating. Not that the songs got worse or anything. That Wiki dude in particular. Between his voice and cadence, it was just too tedious to enjoy.
so you aren't totally indifferent. you can't handle too much of wiki raps.
And coming after Despot's set, it was just a little too serious.
yeah, Despot uses humor but runs it straight usually. that could happen at any show, though. unrelated acts with
different artistic output, really.
The John Salley from Bad Boys lookin dude next to me who was gripping an RK Cd-r didn't help either. Dude talked shit throughout Despot's set then proceeded to bounce right before Mike and El got on. Honestly, I don't know how people go to these shows sober or go to shows and stand in the back watching this shit emotionless.
different strokes for different folks.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

sleazy_j wrote: different strokes for different folks.
:pause:

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

Employee wrote:
who cares.

Bones

Post by Bones »