Name your favorite beat ever

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Gyangsta 4 Life

Name your favorite beat ever

Post by Gyangsta 4 Life »

Don't agonize, just name a really dope beat. One that you could listen to over and over again.

Doesn't matter how shitty the rapping is as long as the beat is fiyah.

aleph

Post by aleph »

One beat I can listen to in an infinity loop after I achieve eternal life: that part of Donald Byrd's Think Twice, sampled for Main Source's Lookin At The Front Door and ATCQ's Footprints (tho they were flipped differently).

Thun

Post by Thun »

aleph wrote:One beat I can listen to in an infinity loop after I achieve eternal life: that part of Donald Byrd's Think Twice, sampled for Main Source's Lookin At The Front Door and ATCQ's Footprints (tho they were flipped differently).
They flipped different, if similar sounding, parts though, right? I feel like the Main Source sample comes way earlier in the song.

DLG

Post by DLG »

I wish the end of this song would last 20 minutes every time I play it.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jkT5bI9Gx94?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jkT5bI9Gx94?fs ... n_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Nav

Post by Nav »

B.O.B.
Resolved Question
Does Biggie Smalls hate HipHop???

"Shoulda been a cop, Fukc Hiphop"

I've been wondering what he meant by this.
Additional Details
Rap sucks, HipHop is better

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
Naw, he likes hip hop and rap. He was just referring to if he hadn't started rapping he would've been a cop.
So he's cursing it, not that he doesn't like it, just for the sake of it.

Thun

Post by Thun »

"Bonita Applebum" to answer the question.

For the 40-60% of you who don't know what I'm referring to but won't admit it:

<embed src="http://www.4shared.com/embed/145243912/47d556c9" width="420" height="250" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></embed>

Busta Ry

Post by Busta Ry »

Electric Relaxation

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

half the forums here are named after tribe im pretty sure everybody knows them
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Thun

Post by Thun »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:half the forums here are named after tribe im pretty sure everybody knows them
I'm pretty sure you're wrong.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

TROY
Tried By 12
Root Down
Ice Cream
Last edited by Random Sample on Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Hmm I'll name my 5 favorites if you don't mind

Ain't No Fun
C.R.E.A.M.
I Gotcha Opin Remix
Illusions (Cypress Hill)

Then there's this Quik beat, impossible to describe just how good it is

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8qA1qTUaWO4?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8qA1qTUaWO4?fs=1&hl=da_DK" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Last edited by Comedy Quaddafi on Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

PopsUK

Post by PopsUK »

Times Up, Mass Appeal, or You Know My Steez.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

recent pick: "friends" off distant relatives
somehow it's doubled up on my ipod so when i listen to the album it plays twice in a row and i decided not to fix it
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

DJCommunist

Post by DJCommunist »

Kazi- A.v.e.r.a.g.e
Last edited by DJCommunist on Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

young bleed's bring the noise
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gyangsta 4 Life

Was gonna say "Ice Cream" until someone mentioned DJ Quik.

So now I'm gonna go with "Heartz of Men". I can ride around to that shit all day.

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

i don't know if it's my favorite beat ever, but mobb deep's "the realest" comes to mind as a loop i never really get tired of.

Gyangsta 4 Life

DJCommunist wrote:Kazi- A.v.e.r.a.g.e
Prior to the edit, you listed a Nas track called "Sinful Living" which I'd never heard before. I'm pretty sure that's the "Street Dreams (Remix)" beat.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Xxplosive

DJCommunist

Post by DJCommunist »

Gyangsta 4 Life wrote:
DJCommunist wrote:Kazi- A.v.e.r.a.g.e
Prior to the edit, you listed a Nas track called "Sinful Living" which I'd never heard before. I'm pretty sure that's the "Street Dreams (Remix)" beat.
Yeah it is, i always liked sinful living for the lack of r kelley...man i love that beat. here's the mp3
http://www.mediafire.com/?bihmc00ot5okxa2

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gS6B1xXd9I4?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gS6B1xXd9I4?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

This came on at the spot i used to practice breaking at...stopped mid-ugly uprock to ask who produeced this

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

mike eagle wrote:This came on at the spot i used to practice breaking at...stopped mid-ugly uprock to ask who produeced this
elements yo....

EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO WATCH MR. EAGLE PERFORM CAN CHECK HIS TWITTER AROUND NOON...WE'LL BE DOING A USTREAM LINK WHERE HE'LL BE PERFORMING / TALKING ABOUT HOW AWESOME HE IS!

aleph

Post by aleph »

Thun wrote:
aleph wrote:One beat I can listen to in an infinity loop after I achieve eternal life: that part of Donald Byrd's Think Twice, sampled for Main Source's Lookin At The Front Door and ATCQ's Footprints (tho they were flipped differently).
They flipped different, if similar sounding, parts though, right? I feel like the Main Source sample comes way earlier in the song.
True, it's more the chord progression I'm in love with. Sounds like they just reversed the chord changes in their respective flips. That Rhodes and guitar, aahh...like a warm bath.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

93 'Til Infinity
Father Time
The Saga (Remix)

KITFUNK

Post by KITFUNK »

Too hard to pick a single beat.

But I love Mobb Deep's Mobb of Steel. Also, OK's Invetro.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Not necessarily my faves but off the dome a few beats i dont get tired of are:

"Rap Snitch Knishes" Doom & Mr. Fantastic
"Great Day Today" Madvillain
"Lyrics To Go" Tribe
"Chilled Coughphee" Curren$y & Devin The Dude
"Crumblin Erb" Outkast
"Peas Porridge" De La / "People, Places & Things" Prince Paul (Same beat...harder the second time around imo)

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

KITFUNK wrote:Too hard to pick a single beat.
Word.
OK's Invetro.
:cheers:

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

ini - grown man sport - the piano on that track is outrageous

nas - halftime

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

"The World Is Yours" & "Aint Hard To Tell" also.

Thun

Post by Thun »

aleph wrote:
Thun wrote:
True, it's more the chord progression I'm in love with. Sounds like they just reversed the chord changes in their respective flips. That Rhodes and guitar, aahh...like a warm bath.
No doubt. Such a brilliant sample choice, and Donald Byrd and his players are geniuses for coming up with it in the first place. The way that shit comes in on the original song is just mind blowing.