Remember L-Fudge?

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Remember L-Fudge?

Post by Philaflava »

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HB7VxjE7LVE?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HB7VxjE7LVE?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

My old co-host DJ Krisis was spinning in the city last night and L-Fudge came up to him. Apparently he quit rap years ago and got into construction. He and Mos Def hate one another and supposedly this is about L-Fudge.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ndLAJxwuFaw?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ndLAJxwuFaw?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

The more you know or care to know...

Thun

Post by Thun »

L-Fudge was kind of wack but kind of dope at the same time. If he stuck with it and smoothed out his style a little I think he could have developed a larger following. I mean, there's like 200,000 dominican kids in NYC alone who would buy his music just based on his ethnicity.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

He had at least 3 really dope songs which is more than many rappers from that Rawkus era. He is kinda in the same category is as Mike Zoot.

CRASH DDZ

Post by CRASH DDZ »

like mike zoot & shabam shadeeq... speaking of: anyone have 5 star general ?with em and Kwest tha mad lad I think ? every copy I have skips.

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

my homie back in the day tried to get at him for hitting him with water in the crowd once back in the day, typical. CSB.

+1 for the Keebler-esque name.

michaelE

Post by michaelE »

your homie sounds like a faygot

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

eh, i think its more faggy to throw water on an empty crowd.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

A majority or that late 90s UG music makes me cringe when I listen now. I liked some of it back then, but really wish that era never existed.

KITFUNK

Post by KITFUNK »

I think duke was in Demigodz too.

Iono tho, I never really fucked with duke. I always thought he was pretty whack, same with Demigodz, minus Rise.

But I didn't know that Mos Def song was about him. That's crazy.

Thanks for the trivia. Do you happen to know why they hate each other?

PopsUK

Post by PopsUK »

I remember quite liking Chronic Irresponsibility, but haven't listened in years. I always wonder where all these rappers go. Didn't someone say Nine works for UPS now?

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

PopsUK wrote:I remember quite liking Chronic Irresponsibility, but haven't listened in years. I always wonder where all these rappers go. Didn't someone say Nine works for UPS now?
At least he has a job. Id guess the homeless, deadbeat, wish I wouldve done something more productive with my late teens/early twenties contingent is pretty staggering.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

PopsUK wrote:I remember quite liking Chronic Irresponsibility
very underrated album...thats if a record that no one has ever heard can be rated at all...'realise' is a classic

i used to be the biggest l-fudge fan on the planet....his 12 inches and his appearances on other singles were pretty much all fire

Thun

Post by Thun »

Oh and the song he did with j-live "dummy" was great.

shadowmaster

Post by shadowmaster »

Realise is dope, I agree, didn't he move out to the UK? Or was that temporary?
Kool Keith: I wore a straw hat with a feather to the last Source Awards. When I got to Madison Square Garden everybody was looking at me. When I got back home I seen everybody and their mother in their video wearing a fuckinג€™ straw hat with a feather in it.

Tim Dog: ג€œWhat Kool Keith gonna wear? Iג€™m gonna do that shit in my video. Iג€™m gonna wear that shit really quick. Whatג€™s Tim Dog gonna wear?ג€

step one

Post by step one »

shadowmaster wrote:Realise is dope, I agree, didn't he move out to the UK? Or was that temporary?
he did a couple of decent tracks with UK producer Joe Buddha but dont know if he was ever actually living here.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Thun

Post by Thun »

shadowmaster wrote:Realise is dope, I agree, didn't he move out to the UK? Or was that temporary?
I think he was living there to record with some uk producers temporarily.

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

i always wondered how they afforded that mary j vocal sample

shadowmaster

Post by shadowmaster »

Thun wrote:
Yeah that makes sense, I think Realise was produced by Joe Buddah (not sure I spelled that right) from the UK.

I always wondered how they afforded the sample, too.

edit-didn't see step one's post.
Kool Keith: I wore a straw hat with a feather to the last Source Awards. When I got to Madison Square Garden everybody was looking at me. When I got back home I seen everybody and their mother in their video wearing a fuckinג€™ straw hat with a feather in it.

Tim Dog: ג€œWhat Kool Keith gonna wear? Iג€™m gonna do that shit in my video. Iג€™m gonna wear that shit really quick. Whatג€™s Tim Dog gonna wear?ג€

Skeptic

Post by Skeptic »

Saw him at Mr Bongo's once. This girl was coppin his NY Minute 12" and he was all 'I got this' and offered to sign it and it took her a while to realise who he was then she was kinda indifferent haha

Odnet

Post by Odnet »

shadowmaster wrote:
Thun wrote:
Yeah that makes sense, I think Realise was produced by Joe Buddah (not sure I spelled that right) from the UK.

I always wondered how they afforded the sample, too.

edit-didn't see step one's post.
Joe Buddha produced that whole album.

And I highly doubt they bothered to clear that sample.