The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Luda

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Bun B

Huldrich Bullsh!t

Post by Huldrich Bullsh!t »

luda has a great voice and flow and funny punchlines. most entertaining on the list
willie d has probably the best catalogue

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

:naswtf:

How is Ludacris winning this?

DLG

Post by DLG »

Luda's first couple albums are mostly dope and highly entertaining. Great singles as well.

and from a purely technical standpoint, he's easily the best rapper on this list.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Icesickle wrote::naswtf:

How is Ludacris winning this?
Huldrich Bullsh!t wrote:luda has a great voice and flow and funny punchlines. most entertaining on the list

Thun

Post by Thun »

Ludacris is the corniest rapper on the list. If you're entertained by his music and you're not a junior high mudshark, you need to up your music game significantly.

Blastmaster, drop some science on these 85ers.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Thun wrote:Blastmaster, drop some science on these 85ers.
Let 'em know the devil's a caniver (sp?)

Voted William D.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Thun wrote:Ludacris is the corniest rapper on the list.
Not exactly a fair comparison. Dude isnt even the same type of rapper as the majority of those listed. Doesnt mean he's not dope.

Thun

Post by Thun »

The Afronaut wrote:
Not exactly a fair comparison. Dude isnt even the same type of rapper as the majority of those listed. Doesnt mean he's not dope.
You're right. The fact that his music has nothing to offer aside from a workmanlike fixation on technicality (surprised more borks aren't waving his flag) and forced unamusing punchlines (the lowest form of rapping) makes him not dope to me.
Last edited by Thun on Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

DLG

Post by DLG »

Thun wrote:Ludacris is the corniest rapper on the list. If you're entertained by his music and you're not a junior high mudshark, you need to up your music game significantly.
and project pat is a rapper for the worldly ghetto scholars?

Thun

Post by Thun »

DLG wrote:
Thun wrote:Ludacris is the corniest rapper on the list. If you're entertained by his music and you're not a junior high mudshark, you need to up your music game significantly.
More so, yes.

Huldrich Bullsh!t

im not too fond of his catalogue. he has good tracks but many have a better catalogue. as a rapper he shits on everybody on this list though.

hes kind of a biz markie character. hes an entertainer if you take him serious or are looking for alot of deep context your missing the point

serious question thun, does wakafloka have 1 track as good as this?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XzFkuG0Tu3s?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XzFkuG0Tu3s?fs ... e_DE&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fsm8kk5Ypxw?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fsm8kk5Ypxw?fs ... e_DE&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Thun

Post by Thun »

As good as virgo? he has dozens, most likely.

"Made You Look" was a dope track before Ludacris delivered the weakest verse on the remix, so I'm not sure where you're going with that.

Also, is Waka Flocka on this list or an artist I wholeheartedly endorse? Think and investigate before answering.

DLG

Post by DLG »

Thun wrote:
DLG wrote:
More so, yes.
I'm hungry for cheese like hungry hungry hippo

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

Basically. Dude has technical skills, but is vanilla as fuck.

Thun

Post by Thun »

DLG wrote:
Thun wrote:
DLG wrote:
More so, yes.
I'm hungry for cheese like hungry hungry hippo
Dumb similes and gay punchlines are just dumb similes and gay punchlines to me. I don't find any of Ludacris's lyrics to be evocative of anything deeper than that Project Pat line. If it's fruitless and misguided to seek depth of meaning in Ludacris's work, then it is just as pointless to denigrate other rappers whose subject matter is similarly juvenile or cliched. Being a highly skilled craftsman of turd sculptures is only impressive for the time being; Luda's 15 are up.

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

does willie d even do punchlines?

Huldrich Bullsh!t

Thun wrote:As good as virgo? he has dozens, most likely.

"Made You Look" was a dope track before Ludacris delivered the weakest verse on the remix, so I'm not sure where you're going with that.

Also, is Waka Flocka on this list or an artist I wholeheartedly endorse? Think and investigate before answering.
i dont know if you wholeheartedly endorse waka maybe it was only an elaborate joke or maybe you dig him.
i brought him up because i think his music has not more to offer than Luda's
just different bag of tricks
different strokes...

and i thought i was good with music game, but i will try to up it a little if it pleases u. what do you suggest :gyeah:

DLG

Post by DLG »

just about every rapper on this list is fairly one-dimensional, I don't see why Luda would be singled out.

Is he played out? Of course, I haven't enjoyed anything by him in a long while.
But he is great at making commercial rap. His skills up to snuff, he writes hit singles, his voice is great, and he kills guest verses, especially on radio r'n'b singles. Dude knows what he wants to do and does that well.

If anything, he should at least get credit for staying true to what he does, being from the south and enunciating, not rapping about selling drugs, etc.

Is he the GOAT? No, but there is no reason he should be singled out in this group of rappers as being the corniest.

Why is Jeezy less corny? because "his beats go hard?" or is it because "he's spittin the real?"

Thun

Post by Thun »

Huldrich Bullsh!t wrote:
Thun wrote:As good as virgo? he has dozens, most likely.

i dont know if you wholeheartedly endorse waka maybe it was only an elaborate joke or maybe you dig him.
i brought him up because i think his music has not more to offer than Luda's
just different bag of tricks
different strokes...

and i thought i was good with music game, but i will try to up it a little if it pleases u. what do you suggest :gyeah:
No elaborate joke. I like a few of his tracks and I've argued against dismissing him outright. Still not sure what that has to do with anything in this thread though.

Thun

Post by Thun »

just about every rapper on this list is fairly one-dimensional, I don't see why Luda would be singled out.
I disagree, and so does everyone on earth, including you.
Is he played out? Of course, I haven't enjoyed anything by him in a long while.
Of course not.
But he is great at making commercial rap. His skills up to snuff, he writes hit singles, his voice is great, and he kills guest verses, especially on radio r'n'b singles. Dude knows what he wants to do and does that well.
Armchair A&R.
If anything, he should at least get credit for staying true to what he does, being from the south and enunciating, not rapping about selling drugs, etc.
Word. I always credit rappers for what they don't do. I am so proud of Akinyele for never having recorded a cover of Positive K's "I Got A Man" I tell you....
Is he the GOAT?

You're protesting, like way too much, dude.
No, but there is no reason he should be singled out in this group of rappers as being the corniest.
Other than being consistently the corniest?
Why is Jeezy less corny? because "his beats go hard?" or is it because "he's spittin the real?"
I think it's because his delivery, lyrics, and songs are less corny.

Kiran187

Post by Kiran187 »

DLG wrote:Luda's first couple albums are mostly dope and highly entertaining. Great singles as well.

and from a purely technical standpoint, he's easily the best rapper on this list.

DLG

Post by DLG »

Thun wrote:
Armchair A&R.
I'm actually going more by the fact that he's the 6th richest rapper of 2010 behind Jay, Diddy, Akon, Lil Wayne and Dre.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Thun wrote:
I think it's because his delivery, lyrics, and songs are less corny.
Jeezy has a better delivery than Ludacris?

axel foley

Post by axel foley »

Thun wrote:Being a highly skilled craftsman of turd sculptures is only impressive for the time being
:lol: