6%
Ludacris
17%

Total votes: 65

Thun

Post by Thun »

The Afronaut wrote:
Thun wrote:
Why is Jeezy less corny? because "his beats go hard?" or is it because "he's spittin the real?"
I think it's because his delivery, lyrics, and songs are less corny.
Jeezy has a better delivery than Ludacris?
Maybe not on a technical, workmanlike, backpacker level, but in terms of being less corny, yes.

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

DLG wrote:Why is Jeezy less corny? because "his beats go hard?" or is it because "he's spittin the real?"
Ludacris will never say anything as dope as:

"I'm emotional, I hug the block
I'm so emotional, I love my glock"

He'll also never make a song as dope as "Go Crazy," ever.

DLG

Post by DLG »

Icesickle wrote:
DLG wrote:Why is Jeezy less corny? because "his beats go hard?" or is it because "he's spittin the real?"
Ludacris will never say anything as dope as:

"I'm emotional, I hug the block
I'm so emotional, I love my glock"

He'll also never make a song as dope as "Go Crazy," ever.
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

Bro, don't worry. I'm sure an overwhelming majority of white girls attending state colleges agree with you.

Huldrich Bullsh!t

Post by Huldrich Bullsh!t »

Thun wrote:
Huldrich Bullsh!t wrote:
Thun wrote:As good as virgo? he has dozens, most likely.

"Made You Look" was a dope track before Ludacris delivered the weakest verse on the remix, so I'm not sure where you're going with that.

Also, is Waka Flocka on this list or an artist I wholeheartedly endorse? Think and investigate before answering.
i dont know if you wholeheartedly endorse waka maybe it was only an elaborate joke or maybe you dig him.
i brought him up because i think his music has not more to offer than Luda's
just different bag of tricks
different strokes...

and i thought i was good with music game, but i will try to up it a little if it pleases u. what do you suggest :gyeah:
No elaborate joke. I like a few of his tracks and I've argued against dismissing him outright. Still not sure what that has to do with anything in this thread though.
im entertained by ludacris' music you said thats stupid without any real argument.

you are entertained by other stuff that in my opinion doesnt hold any merit either. and i think it will be difficult for you to explain in what way it's of superior artistic worth. but if you want write me an essay full of fancy words to enlighten me. not sure about my music game but seriously, i need to step up my english game

Thun

Post by Thun »

Huldrich Bullsh!t wrote:
Thun wrote:
Huldrich Bullsh!t wrote:

"Made You Look" was a dope track before Ludacris delivered the weakest verse on the remix, so I'm not sure where you're going with that.

Also, is Waka Flocka on this list or an artist I wholeheartedly endorse? Think and investigate before answering.
i dont know if you wholeheartedly endorse waka maybe it was only an elaborate joke or maybe you dig him.
different strokes...

and i thought i was good with music game, but i will try to up it a little if it pleases u. what do you suggest :gyeah:
No elaborate joke. I like a few of his tracks and I've argued against dismissing him outright. Still not sure what that has to do with anything in this thread though.
im entertained by ludacris' music you said thats stupid without any real argument.

you are entertained by other stuff that in my opinion doesnt hold any merit either. and i think it will be difficult for you to explain in what way it's of superior artistic worth. but if you want write me an essay full of fancy words to enlighten me. not sure about my music game but seriously, i need to step up my english game
Oh. I see it's emotional now. Well My initial comment was actually facetious. I meant that if you're so entertained by his lyrics that you ascribe a greatness to his artistry that is false, your opinions huff cack. Does that hit less close to home?

DLG

Post by DLG »

Icesickle wrote:Bro, don't worry. I'm sure an overwhelming majority of white girls attending state colleges agree with you.
ice, you basically are a white girl who attended state college.

stop trying so hard. check yourself before you the symphony yourself.

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

BURN!

Point still stands.

And if you're putting so much importance in making singles, Ludacris doesn't have a single in his whole catalog that will stand the test of time like "What U Know" and "Go Crazy."
Last edited by Icesickle on Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

The Afronaut wrote:
Thun wrote:
Why is Jeezy less corny? because "his beats go hard?" or is it because "he's spittin the real?"
I voted Jeezy in the poll. First, remember this is a "favorite rapper" poll. Second he didn't say the delivery was better, he said it was less corny. I concur.

Personally, I take the fact that Jeezy made two albums which were in my top ten in their respective years (Thug Motivation 101, & Recession) and has put out way less crap (on a per album basis and in terms of sheer volume of crappy albums) than Luda.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DLG

Post by DLG »

Icesickle wrote:BURN!

Point still stands.

And if you're putting so much importance in making singles, Ludacris doesn't have a single in his whole catalog that will stand the test of time like "What U Know" and "Go Crazy."
I'm really glad that the board has a street prophet like you with his ear firmly planted on the concrete, letting us know what the hood will still be feeling in 15 years time.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Thun wrote:
The Afronaut wrote:
Thun wrote:
Maybe not on a technical, workmanlike, backpacker level, but in terms of being less corny, yes.
Since when is Ludacris a backpacker? You keep throwing that in there like it validates your claim.

Thun

Post by Thun »

The Afronaut wrote:
Thun wrote:
The Afronaut wrote:
Thun wrote:
Since when is Ludacris a backpacker? You keep throwing that in there like it validates your claim.
He's not. People who evaluate rap music in terms of punchlines per song and multis per bar fit the description.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote: I voted Jeezy in the poll. First, remember this is a "favorite rapper" poll.
I didnt single out Jeezy. Thun did. Thats the only reason we're on that line of discussion.
Second he didn't say the delivery was better, he said it was less corny. I concur.
Like I said from jump, I dont feel like the "Luda is cornier than the other rappers on this list" is a fair comparison. He's kind of an oddball on the list.

Only person from the list that is comparable in that regard is Project Pat, and I find Luda a much more entertaining listen.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Willie D is my "favorite" rapper of all time.

Huldrich Bullsh!t

Post by Huldrich Bullsh!t »

Thun wrote:
Huldrich Bullsh!t wrote:
Thun wrote:
Huldrich Bullsh!t wrote:

different strokes...

Oh. I see it's emotional now. Well My initial comment was actually facetious. I meant that if you're so entertained by his lyrics that you ascribe a greatness to his artistry that is false, your opinions huff cack. Does that hit less close to home?
while i think there are rappers whose work hold great artistic value i dont think any of the rappers on this list really falls into that category.
they are entertainers.

i think luda is one of the best at what he does. wether that shit is for you or not is another thing.
for my tastes there are alot of rappers who did or do what the other guys on the list are doing but better than them.

and yeha i know that alot of the posts on these boards are overexaggerated and said in a facetious manner.
but youre not the only one who can do that...

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

voted MJG

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

havent heard half of these people but i love devin

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

surpsised at the lack of devin votes considering this is an 'all time' question.

obv he is in a rut, but his overall legacy is still tremendous to the point where every weed oriented rapper will inevitably be compared to him regardless of the actual merits of the comparison itself
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

vinylpops

Post by vinylpops »

Can all the hipsters have their own forum?

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

1. Project Pat
2. Bun B
3. MJG
4. Jeezy
5. Willie D
6. Killer Mike
7. Devin

TI
Luda

Rad thread so far guys.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

pat then devin/bun b/mjg.

aside from some obvious standouts.. ludacris/ti have made a lot of awful songs.

KITFUNK

Post by KITFUNK »

How you gon have a Southern rapper poll and not include the Face?

I didn't vote cause I don't listen to none of that. But ya'll do ya'll.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

sleazy_j wrote:does willie d even do punchlines?
I don't think he has to. Willie D's interviews are better than most rappers best songs.

Time for the self :copy:

I'm the dude who picked T.I. I think the three consecutive albums, Trap Muzik, Urban Legend, and King were a phenomenal run of great rapping for a solo artist. On any other day I coulda argued for Willie D, Killer Mike, or Devin.

You could make an argument against T.I. because of the cheez factor in his last few albums, but noone has fallen off harder than Luda. Those first two albums were pretty fun, but Luda, like Busta, is no fun when they're tryna come across as grownups. All three of em should quit pursuing the acting careers too.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Bun B...just based on the first few UGK records, timeless records with several classic verses from Bun. No one on the list has dropped a verse like Bun's on Murder either.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

i think he's called ludacris cAUSE HIS RHYMES ARE LUDICROUS

YOU MAY WANT TO LOOK THAT UP TO CONFIRM
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

KITFUNK wrote:How you gon have a Southern rapper poll and not include the Face?

Because if Face was included, nobody else would get votes. Use your brain.

KITFUNK

Post by KITFUNK »

Kid That's Lifeless wrote:
KITFUNK wrote:How you gon have a Southern rapper poll and not include the Face?

Because if Face was included, nobody else would get votes. Use your brain.
Kinda the point, buddy.

No one else is worthy of votes.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

KITFUNK wrote: No one else of these people whom i admittedly never listened to is worthy of votes.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

KITFUNK

Post by KITFUNK »

drizzle wrote:
KITFUNK wrote: No one else of these people whom i admittedly never listened to is worthy of votes.
No, no, I've listened to 'em. I wish I hadn't tho.

Thun

Post by Thun »

^Like a scorned 9th grade teacher's pet seduced out of her virginity pact by the suave star quarterback.