Post by Yohan »

Can someone pm a bork as well?

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

thanks 4 the interview dan!

Radio Raheem

Post by Radio Raheem »

ackbar wrote:thanks 4 the interview dan!
:cheers:

strategy786

Post by strategy786 »

PM please....

(and I will be seeing it in the theater and buying the DVD)

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

The Afronaut wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
Busta Ry wrote:Huh, I didn't find anything gay about Tip or Ali. Maybe my gaydar is all broke of sumfin.
The scene where Ali is being interviewed on his front stoop and the little kid rides by on his scooter and then Ali just straight Dids him for a good 10 seconds...
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:lol:

this doc was excellent.

e: peace to Gyangsta 4 Life for the up
moved by duck muscles

Verge

Post by Verge »

http://diaryofahollywoodstreetking.com/ ... spike-lee/
rapaport wrote:Iג€™m not reaching out to him anymore about this, Spike Lee would have told A Tribe Called Quest to kiss his f-ing ass and take a f-ing walk. I appeased them, worked with them, tried to hear their point of view on things. Youג€™re not Jay-Z, youג€™re not Kanye West.
Apparently Q Tip is still whining about his portrayal in the doc. *shrugs*

strategy786

Post by strategy786 »

Yeah, Tip needs to move on. But Rapaport isn't exactly diffusing the situation with his expletive laced statements. The dude seems to have very little class or tact.

To me he has come out of all of this looking like the biggest jerk. But Tip should just get over it now (lesson learned, etc.).

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Verge wrote:http://diaryofahollywoodstreetking.com/ ... spike-lee/
rapaport wrote:Iג€™m not reaching out to him anymore about this, Spike Lee would have told A Tribe Called Quest to kiss his f-ing ass and take a f-ing walk. I appeased them, worked with them, tried to hear their point of view on things. Youג€™re not Jay-Z, youג€™re not Kanye West.
Geez, calm the fuck down Mike.

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

ATTENTION NYC HEADS...

Beats, Rhymes Life opens JULY 8th at Sunshine Cinema

AND

at midnight on the 8th and 9th, MORTAL KOMBAT is playing there as well!

Just wanted to alert you that you have the potential for the greatest double-feature of all time. That is all.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

myself

Post by myself »

Unless I read something wrong, Rappaport is a privileged white guy who has no business making a film with a hip-hop subject ( he's white), and subjects of a documentary should always have final say over how they are portrayed and control the music selection and music:story ratio.

At least that's what that one guy seems to be saying on twitter.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

As much as I think Rapaport is a fucking clown, if he didn't do this film NOBODY would have. I think we all owe him some debt of gratitude for investing his time and plenty of money into this film, that goes for ATCQ as well.

Req

Post by Req »

myself wrote: At least that's what that one guy seems to be saying on twitter.
thank him for that valuable (idiotic) insight.
F.U. MOOLAH

foobar

Post by foobar »

can't belive that I missed this!

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

I watched it, and honestly Phife comes off as the worst to me. Now I don't know if that is the after the fact when they changed things or not, but that is what I took from it.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

^100%
myself wrote:..subjects of a documentary should always have final say over how they are portrayed and control the music selection and music:story ratio.
jesus christ
moved by duck muscles

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

What was so bad about Phife in yall opinion?

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

The Afronaut wrote:What was so bad about Phife in yall opinion?
Like how tip was supposed to know that he was so sick he couldn't do the routine. Then the next show when tip says what's up to Phife and they get into the altercation. Just some baby bullshit. How does Tip supposed to know how he is feeling when Phife is giving him the silent treatment. Then the whole rant afterwards that Phife had about the situation. I think he tried to paint this scenario that he was a victim, but really it was his own doing.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Random Sample wrote:Like how tip was supposed to know that he was so sick he couldn't do the routine. Then the next show when tip says what's up to Phife and they get into the altercation. Just some baby bullshit. How does Tip supposed to know how he is feeling when Phife is giving him the silent treatment. Then the whole rant afterwards that Phife had about the situation. I think he tried to paint this scenario that he was a victim, but really it was his own doing.
I felt like the misunderstanding about the routine was definitely blown out of proportion by Phife. However Phife's reaction the whole Tip speaking "ill" about Phife during his interviews and stuff seemed justified to me.

There really was no reason for Tip to be framing Tribes issues as "I dont have a problem with Phife, Phife has a problem with me."

Choosing the silent treatment as a way to deal with either was childish though, I'll agree there.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Phife has always been envious of Tip. That incident about Tip not knowing how sick Phife was, really was just an excuse for Phife to go off on him with 2 decades of resentment to fuel the fire.

Verge

Post by Verge »

I saw the doc while drunk and fell asleep during the last half hour and I'll rewatch it soon again. But what I got out of what I seen was this:

1. Phife seems to be a crybaby poor me type dude. Kind of priveleged in a way. Don't get me wrong cause I do completely understand how terrible diabetes can be, I work in a nursing home and see it every day. Shits scary, b.

2. Q Tip seems to be an egomaniacal nutjob type cat. Really, he seems to be oblivious to anyone but himself. Its all about him and everyone else is just a witness to his greatness.

That said, imo, Tip has the right to be a pretentious whiny little bitch, not Phife. Not to rehash arguments, but really, NO TIP = NO QUEST. Phife could have easily been replaced and as long as Tip was running things, they still would be a legendary status type crew.

Just my quick non thought out two cents.
:megaman:
Last edited by Verge on Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Verge

Post by Verge »

nm
Last edited by Verge on Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Radio Raheem

Post by Radio Raheem »

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

<object width="480" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.amoeba.com/video-player/WIMB ... .mp4/embed" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://www.amoeba.com/video-player/WIMB ... .mp4/embed" width="480" height="340" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" /></object>

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

^^^
Good looks, gotta peep this after work. I sat one night with a bottle of wine while my wife was away and watched everyone of those videos.

Verge

Post by Verge »

^Just dropped by here again to post that video too, pretty cool. I don't see the hate Rapaport gets around here. I mean, if you just don't like him thats understandable. Certain people rub others the wrong way. pause? Rapaport's teh gawd, imo.

myself wrote:Unless I read something wrong, Rappaport is a privileged white guy who has no business making a film with a hip-hop subject ( he's white),
At least that's what that one guy seems to be saying on twitter.
Can't believe everything you read on twitter, tell that dude he's an idiot. He should be happy that anybody at all is finally giving crews like Tribe their well deserved documentary.

duhbreez

Post by duhbreez »

couldnt embed
interview of qtip on hot97

http://launch.vidaroo.com/8899

blessingindisguise

Post by blessingindisguise »

This did very well imo at the box office. I don't know how much it cost but hopefully it brings more fans to peep ATCQ back catalouge.

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=bea ... ndlife.htm

PopsUK

Post by PopsUK »

Saw this last night in NYC and thought it was fantastic. Made me want to play the first three tribe albums on loop, and definitely brought back plenty of nostalgic feelings of when I first heard them all...

Totally don't understand Q-Tip's problem with how he came across. I thought he came across fine, albeit slightly cocky and self-centered, but nowhere near as much of a dick as I assumed he would do given all the fuss and his rep. Phife definitely came across worse, and Ali just seemed like a nice guy.

Regardless of what you think of Rappaport, he did a fucking great job with this movie.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

did we have armond white's review here yet?

http://www.nypress.com/article-22620-th ... ivide.html
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

^^^Dude comes off mad jerkish. Going as far to correct "malapropisms" while calling Q-Tip Jonathan Davis (dudes been Kamaal Fareed for 15+ yrs) and listing LONS and Busta Rhymes. He should hardly be nitpicking.

:roll: