Atmosphere ג€“ Just For Show

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Atmosphere ג€“ Just For Show

Post by Philaflava »

<object height="81" width="100%"><param name="movie" value="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf ... ram><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="81" src="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf ... 2F10939532&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed></object>

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

Before I say what I think, can someone tell me if we like Atmosphere this week or not?

Thought it was pretty dope. Is this the first single from the new album?

:rofl: @ the comments from the fanboys though.

zombie

Post by zombie »

Sylissez wrote: :rofl: @ the comments from the fanboys though.
u r 2 kewl

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Listened to the track and was like "meh that was good", but then I was like "hem that is catchy as hell". Good job Sean.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Sylissez wrote:Before I say what I think, can someone tell me if we like Atmosphere this week or not?
:lol:
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

i dont like the new direction - i was hoping that ant return to the samples..... - last good record is you cant imagine.... i like some songs on lemons but i forget them fast.....

Wicked
Location: Bay Area, CA >www.MHzRadio.com< >mixcrate.com/wicked< >wicked22@aol.com<

Post by Wicked »

NO THANK YOU!!!

As much as Atmosqueer can have doap beats cuz of ANT, the fact is, Slug is horrbile simply because of his voice. To me, it's not Hiphop to sound white & nerdy and like yoar from the 'burbs n shit. Kna'mean? Slug does have skills though, but it's just that damn corny voice. Oh well...
"Wicked = Genuinely loves Hiphop and respects it because he grew up during the time when it wasn't full of southern mongoloids and Lil Wayne rappers. From his mixes you can tell he knows his shit. The problem is, when you are a smart dude preaching to a bunch of fucking morons, you end up getting singled out as the douche."

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Wicked wrote:NO THANK YOU!!!

As much as Atmosqueer can have doap beats cuz of ANT, the fact is, Slug is horrbile simply because of his voice. To me, it's not Hiphop to sound white & nerdy and like yoar from the 'burbs n shit. Kna'mean? Slug does have skills though, but it's just that damn corny voice. Oh well...
:rofl: @ the biggest faggot to ever post on UGHH (a true internet accomplishment) calling anyone white & nerdy.

Not a huge fan of the beat, but it's alright.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Hook didn't grab me at first, but after a few listens it grew on me. Beat sounds kinda rocksteadyish.

RoKnew

Post by RoKnew »

Wicked wrote:NO THANK YOU!!!

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Philaflava wrote: Beat sounds kinda rocksteadyish.
yeah

i like it
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Wicked
Location: Bay Area, CA >www.MHzRadio.com< >mixcrate.com/wicked< >wicked22@aol.com<

Post by Wicked »

Kid That's Lifeless wrote::rofl: @ the biggest faggot to ever post on UGHH (a true internet accomplishment) calling anyone white & nerdy.
hahahaha Cool story, bro!

Yo RoKnew, I was a freshman in HS in the pic I think... And that pic is from 1988/89. What's yoar point?

Btw, my voice is WAAAAAAY better then Slug's. Real talk. :gyeah:

And even though my voice is better then Slugs, I still know that I'm white and moast whiteboys should NOT be rapping/emceeing. Don't get me wrong, there's some doap ones like MC Serch, Pete Nice, Apathy, etc., but still...
Last edited by Wicked on Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Wicked = Genuinely loves Hiphop and respects it because he grew up during the time when it wasn't full of southern mongoloids and Lil Wayne rappers. From his mixes you can tell he knows his shit. The problem is, when you are a smart dude preaching to a bunch of fucking morons, you end up getting singled out as the douche."

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Somebody post that UGHH call to Quest so we can compare.

Wicked

Post by Wicked »

Philaflava wrote:Somebody post that UGHH call to Quest so we can compare.
But that's a phone call left on an answering machine... Just listen to me on my radio show.

Here I am @ 90.1 KZSU Stanford during my show The Wicked Takeover...

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y_g-gJhZEYI?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y_g-gJhZEYI?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E1hgRMpIP_A?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E1hgRMpIP_A?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HnuIJs5KiBQ?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HnuIJs5KiBQ?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

indianaJ0nes

Post by indianaJ0nes »

Wicked wrote:
Kid That's Lifeless wrote::rofl: @ the biggest faggot to ever post on UGHH (a true internet accomplishment) calling anyone white & nerdy.
hahahaha Cool story, bro!

Yo RoKnew, I was a freshman in HS in the pic I think... And that pic is from 1988/89. What's yoar point?

cool guy,

yoar is actually spelled "your"; use "than" when you compare two nouns

stay cool

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I saw the Dooley-O record and thought I was watching ACTHEPD.

Wicked

Post by Wicked »

Philaflava wrote:I saw the Dooley-O record and thought I was watching ACTHEPD.
haha He does love Dooley-O, doesn't he? But then again, so do I. I think I have most of Dooley's shit on vinyl and cd.

step one

Post by step one »

Wicked wrote:

And even though my voice is better then Slugs, I still know that I'm white and moast whiteboys should NOT be rapping/emceeing. Don't get me wrong, there's some doap ones like MC Serch, Pete Nice, Apathy, etc., but still...
YOU ARE A COMPLETE FUCKING RETARD. PLEASE KILL YOURSELF.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

zombie

Post by zombie »

drizzle wrote:
yeah

i like it
what does rocksteadyish mean?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Kinda Ska sounding.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

zombie wrote:
drizzle wrote:
yeah

i like it
what does rocksteadyish mean?
Well, I could be wrong, but I believe 'rocksteady' is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era.

zombie

Post by zombie »

Philaflava wrote:Kinda Ska sounding.
oh. then.
drizzle wrote:
yeah

i like it

Wicked

Post by Wicked »

step son wrote:YOU ARE A COMPLETE FUCKING RETARD. PLEASE KILL YOURSELF.
hahahahahaha Yoar hilarious, BRO. But imagine a rapper just like Slug with a corny euro accent like yoars, step son. OMG OMG that would be craaaaaaaazy! :bow:

BIG NASTY

Post by BIG NASTY »

lol @ a wigger trying to talk shit to slug. u mad

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Philaflava wrote:Kinda Ska sounding.
pretty much

rocksteady was kinda the buffer/transitional genre between ska and what crystalized as classical reggae.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Wicked

Post by Wicked »

BIG NASTY wrote:lol @ a wigger trying to talk shit to slug. u mad
Naw, no ones mad... Just sayin that Slug is maaaaad corny with that lame voice of his. I mean, I know the dude has emcee skills, but that all gets thrown out the window with that voice of his. Guru once rapped...

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GD8hhNtxPgs?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GD8hhNtxPgs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

Radio Raheem

Post by Radio Raheem »

Yeah but GURU died, yo!

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Thread is about :sluggo:'s new single.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Actually, what Wicked is doing is somewhat a reflection of what Slug is talking about in his song. Its all for show.
Last edited by ardamus on Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

lol @ the line "theres some doap white mcs like serch & pete nice"

is this an archived thread?