Nas: Gadhafi is "misunderstood"

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

HellRell'sToiletAdventure

Nas: Gadhafi is "misunderstood"

Post by HellRell'sToiletAdventure »

Last edited by HellRell'sToiletAdventure on Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

I get all my political notions from rappers. Immortal Technique, Paris, Nas, Chuck D, X Clan, and Vinnie Paz help me develop all my socio political beliefs. Speaking of which, my friend sent me a newer Vinnie Paz track link. I listened, and I learned that OBAMA WAS A CLONE OF AN EGYPTIAN PHARAOH.

<object width="640" height="510"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pt4bkZnyE80?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pt4bkZnyE80?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="510"></embed></object>

Oh and George Bush is the grandson of Alister Crowley btw.

Do the knowledge.

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

He steals from his people, kill them and denies them basic liberties he [Nas] takes for granted. He wouldn't last a week living under an islamic dictatorship.

Worst part of it is that people look up to him as a spiritual and intellectual counselor. Time for the illuminati to assassinate this demented faggot.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Thun

Post by Thun »

Nas is an idiot but in all fairness he is quoted out of context here. I don't know if the actual context would make him seem less like an idiot, though. But the reporter is an idiot, too.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

:naswtf: :ohcanada:

Req

Post by Req »

Thun wrote:Nas is an idiot but in all fairness he is quoted out of context here. I don't know if the actual context would make him seem less like an idiot, though. But the reporter is an idiot, too.
It's the Toronto Sun- a paper read by fat, redneck mongs

like Ty for example.
F.U. MOOLAH

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

a parody thread writes itself but there's nothing to put in it
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Kace

Post by Kace »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:He steals from his people, kill them and denies them basic liberties he [Nas] takes for granted. He wouldn't last a week living under an islamic dictatorship.

Worst part of it is that people look up to him as a spiritual and intellectual counselor. Time for the illuminati to assassinate this demented faggot.
Lol why you call yourself Comedy Quaddafi?
'I suppose everyone has their own limit, but some things you simply can never stop fighting for.'

Thun

Post by Thun »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:He steals from his people, kill them and denies them basic liberties he [Nas] takes for granted. He wouldn't last a week living under an islamic dictatorship.

Not that this excuses an ignorance of Qaddafi's atrocities (MULTI YO) but to many black Americans, he is best known as something of a cool anti-hero for once attempting to give Farrakhan a gift of some 20 billion dollars, to be used to create economic initiatives specific to the black community. The gubmint intervened an invoked a law blocking the transfer of money from nations deemed supporters of terrorism, which made it seem all the more subversive and bold.

Plus, Tragedy is such a fucking awesome rapper, dun.

Comedy Quaddafi

Always did wonder why he was championed by some pro-black people. Thought it was just a "fuck teh west and kkkapitalizm" sentiment.
Kace wrote:

Lol why you call yourself Comedy Quaddafi?
Just an Aristotelean pun.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Thun

Post by Thun »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:Always did wonder why he was championed by some pro-black people. Thought it was just a "fuck teh west and kkkapitalizm" sentiment.
That's why he is championed by white hipsters, not black folk.

HellRell'sToiletAdventure

Post by HellRell'sToiletAdventure »

Last edited by HellRell'sToiletAdventure on Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

step one

Post by step one »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote: Worst part of it is that people look up to him as a spiritual and intellectual counselor. Time for the illuminati to assassinate this demented faggot.
Just to be clear, you're talking about Ghaddafi not Nas right?
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Comedy Quaddafi

Ty, you're also making fun of Nas which is even worse (I think)
step one wrote:
Comedy Quaddafi wrote: Worst part of it is that people look up to him as a spiritual and intellectual counselor. Time for the illuminati to assassinate this demented faggot.
Just to be clear, you're talking about Ghaddafi not Nas right?
LOL guess I'm talking about both of them, come to think of it.

wuk

Post by wuk »

Thun wrote:Not that this excuses an ignorance of Qaddafi's atrocities (MULTI YO) but to many black Americans, he is best known as something of a cool anti-hero for once attempting to give Farrakhan a gift of some 20 billion dollars, to be used to create economic initiatives specific to the black community. The gubmint intervened an invoked a law blocking the transfer of money from nations deemed supporters of terrorism, which made it seem all the more subversive and bold.
Did not know this.
ryebread mixes. <--------download

COOLEHMAGAZINE

Re: Nas: Gadhafi is "misunderstood"

Post by COOLEHMAGAZINE »

HellRell'sToiletAdventure wrote:today's reminder that nas is among the stupidest people breathing:
Rapper Nas has risked sparking political controversy after airing his sympathy for Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi , insisting the dictator is "misunderstood".

Gadhafi has become a figure of hatred after refusing to step down amid civil unrest, violent protests and calls for him to resign from power in the Middle Eastern nation, and many world leaders have imposed sanctions on Libya as a result - in a bid to force the tyrant to listen to his people - but he has found an unlikely ally in I Can hitmaker Nas.

The hip-hop star claims the people of Libya need a revolution, but should be working with Gadhafi to ensure a peaceful future instead of waging war against him.

He tells misformusic.com, "I never saw Gadhafi as an enemy, like a deadly enemy that wanted to harm people for no reason. I kind of see him as someone who is misunderstood.

"I think a revolution in Libya is important and I just hate to see that the people are against (Gadhafi) or he has to be against (them). I hate to see any violence between him and his people, I just don't like that."

And Nas believes the U.S. government should get involved to bring an end to the protests: "I think they could intervene so that there could be peace."

Nas' comments emerge as a host of high-profile artists, including Beyonce, 50 Cent and Usher, have agreed to hand over cash received for staging private performances for members of the Gadhafi clan to charity.
http://www.torontosun.com/entertainment ... story.html

please don't move this to biko i can't even look at that forum

To be honest, there is nothing really that crazy about what Nas is saying.

Lot's of people saw/have seen Gadhafi (spelled whichever of the seemingly endless ways you prefer) in conflicting light's, including, until recently, the US government. The guy is a fucking chameleon who has been on so many sides for so long, there was a fair amount of ambiguity about his rule until now. A few years ago when they gave up their nuclear program and the Lockerbie thing was settled, the West was happily rehabbing his image and unfreezing his assets. Before that, he was bankrolling African independence movements left and right, and was briefly seen as a serious statesman.

Saying Gadhafi is misunderstood is really probably an understatement. That does not make him less of a tyrant, but it does make him a more complex figure than the run of the mill strongman.

As far as wishing the revolution had remained a relatively peaceful struggle, as opposed to a civil war, Nas is not the only one: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/10/opini ... oweth.html

Nas also said Libya needs a revolution, it's not like he is backing a return to the previous arrangement. Perhaps his answer betrays a lack of sophistication, but honestly, I do not see anything egregious here. I find the number of people backpedaling on their Libyan concert performances much more clownworthy.
http://coolehmag.com/frontEnd/
http://twitter.com/#!/coolehmag

I'm from the lost black tribe of Israel, the Yos.

Thun

Post by Thun »

^Agreed but I didn't want to get into all that because the quote is probably taken way out of context and I don't want to exert any energy defending Nas for any reason.

COOLEHMAGAZINE

Post by COOLEHMAGAZINE »

Understood, especially since the energy I just put into writing that leaves me unable to muster anything on Joell Ortiz's behalf in the other thread.

But my rise to the top of the Nas apologist hierarchy continues unabated.

Versive

Post by Versive »

Thun wrote:
Comedy Quaddafi wrote:Always did wonder why he was championed by some pro-black people. Thought it was just a "fuck teh west and kkkapitalizm" sentiment.
That's why he is championed by white hipsters, not black folk.
The white hipster community would like to take this opportunity to vehemently deny having ever supported Gadhafi. It was all a misunderstanding that occurred when Dudebro told Junk about that new legendary QB rapper. Junk was being himself so when he heard this he recorded a funk satire that championed Libyan dictatorship ala California Uber. Of course, to noone's surprise, this song was mistakenly taken literal and caught massive spin with the gentro crowd as a result... but this was back in 03 and Junk has since OD'ed. Power to the people.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Req wrote: It's the Toronto Sun- a paper read by fat, redneck mongs

like Ty for example.
Black Ty?

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

shakeanjake

Re: Nas: Gadhafi is "misunderstood"

Post by shakeanjake »

I Can hitmaker Nas.
:naswtf:
http://duffmancantbreathe.blogspot.com
Funk, hip hop, soul, psychedelic, reggae and blues reviews and downloads.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

nas always comes off like an idiot in interviews. This is an exception. Look at what nas actually says. He says kadafi isn't a "deadly enemy." Not that he's a good dude & he should stay in power. Advocating a peaceful solution instead of a violent revolution is a good thing. If there's a military coup (some units have defected already) then libyans are fucked and will most likely end up with someone just as bad in power. Nas doesn't offer a lot of insight, but even out of context he doesn't clown himself.
I find the number of people backpedaling on their Libyan concert performances much more clownworthy
Yeah, little play it safe publicity clowns. ITS CASH YO
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Hacksaw Jim Thuggin wrote: I listened, and I learned that OBAMA WAS A CLONE OF AN EGYPTIAN PHARAOH.

Oh and George Bush is the grandson of Alister Crowley btw.

Do the knowledge.
:rofl: :rofl: :cheers:

thanks for today's most right and exact mathematics, gawd!

Obama clone, LMFAOoo

that's one of the best things about hip hop though! i loved how there were like 20 different theories as to what was gonna happen when 2000 hit. From Boogie Monsters to AZ to Busta Rhymes to Nas to Killah Priest to Ras Kass, we all had our share of batshit theories/righteous wisdom to choose from.

I understand WAT Nas is trying to say here, but still, to suggest Gaddafi isn't a "deadly enemy" when he's murdered hundreds of his citizens and demanded bombs drop on them is a little :naswtf: , if i may.

in the global scheme, is Libya an enemy? not so much. North Korea is probably more threatening, sure. but still... smarten up Nas
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

This is Stu from M Is For Music, Iג€™m interviewing Nas ahead of his Distant Relatives tour of Europe with Damian Marley. Nas, howג€™s the tour going mate?

The tour is going amazing man, its great.

Where have you toured so far?

Weג€™ve done Australia, weג€™ve done America, weג€™ve done New Zealand, we done Europe, weג€™re coming back. We played Japanג€¦

Are you going to be touring Africa anytime soon?

That is the finale, we plan to do that.

While your there will you be doing any charity work in Africa?

I donג€™t know man, I just wanna get there and just take it from there. I just wanna be there and do music and have a good time. I wanna enjoy life and I wanna do everything we can do yג€™know.

On the topic of Africa, whatג€™s your take on the Libya situation right now?

I never saw Gaddafi as an enemy, like a deadly enemy that wanted to harm people for no reason. I kind of see him as someone who is misunderstood. I see him as someone whose, I think a revolution in Libya is important and I just hate to see that the people are against him or he has to be against, I hate to see any violence between him and his people, I just donג€™t like that.

Do you think its time for the West to intervene?

Intelligently yes, I think they could intervene so that there could be peace yג€™know and some understanding and sure if they can help.

Getting back to the tour, whatג€™s it like touring with a Reggae artist [Damian Marley], is it a different vibe or a different crowd to what youג€™re normally familiar with?

Yeah, itג€™s a different vibe and a different crowd, thereג€™s a lot of Reggae fans there, just music fans. Reggae music fans are all over the world, itג€™s crazy, this small island Jamaica; the music and culture from there is loved by people worldwide including myself so when Iג€™m on stage with Damian itג€™s a different journey, different experience for myself.

Did you and Damian Marley achieve what you planned to achieve with this album [Distant Relatives]?

Yeah, weג€™re doing great shows all over the world for lots of people. It feels like weג€™re just beginning, the album hasnג€™t been out a year yet and we still covered a lot of ground so yeah, I feel really great about it.

Do you think you will be working with Damian again in the future for another EP or album?

Absolutely man, from this experience, one of the greatest experiences of my life. To do it again would take it to another level and we kinda sorted out all the things that we didnג€™t know at first and weג€™re kinda moving on to a new thing so I think an album would help, it would be right, be good but we couldnג€™t force it, we couldnג€™t just do it just because. Itג€™d have to be something behind us, something motivating us to really get into that studio and a reason or cause that weג€™d wanna get in the studio

Youג€™ve got so many classic albums under your belt and youג€™ve been in Hip-Hop for a lot of years, what motivates you to continually get back into the studio recording good music?

Itג€™s like B.I.G. said it was all a dream, Iג€™m still living the dream so it was just a dream to get in the rap game since I was a kid and I grew up in rap music and then I became a part of it and now I own it and I take it to new levels every time. I just love it, Iג€™m living the dream.

Thatג€™s good to hear mateג€¦ You released a mixed genre album with Damian Marley, would there be any other artist out there that you would consider doing another collaboration album with?

Iג€™m not sure at the moment but there are other artists that I do definitely love and Damian, thanks to working with Damian now I can go out and work with other artists in different ways so look forward to seeing me do more, yeahג€¦

Have you ever done a show with your father or would you consider doing that?

Oh yeah, I would love to, I would love to do it yג€™know. It would be very interesting to be on stage with for a whole show.

I know youג€™ve got a busy year scheduled. Whatג€™s the latest with the ג€˜Lost Tapes 2ג€™?

ג€˜Lost Tapes 2ג€™, I kinda got away from it and I started working on my new album so I kinda pushed that back and put my new album first because I lost time and its new album time so thatג€™s where Iג€™m at with it now.

Okay, ג€˜cos I know there were some troubles with Columbia Records not releasing songs for you, is that correct?

No, it was on Def Jam and I wanted to release it during the Christmas time and then at the last minute it just, there was a lot of changes at the label. I wrote a letter to them and it just took a while for them to understand where I was coming from and now they do but time was against me so its like new album time for me, so maybe ג€˜Lost Tapesג€™ later down the road but the new album first. Who knows, Iג€™m trying to figure it out now.

Whatג€™s the new album titled?

Thereג€™s no title yet.

Do you have any confirmed guest appearances of anything yet?

Iג€™m really just starting to lay down the ideas and its all me at this point so Iג€™m just hoping to keep that going.

Okay, I donג€™t wanna cover old ground too much but now Jay-Z is doing his own thing would you consider having a Jay-Z song on your new album or is that in the past again?

Of course, I mean I would love that. Iג€™m always down for that, yeah.

I know youג€™ve been performing with Lauryn Hill and some members of The Firm recently. Would you consider putting them on your album again?

The records that Iג€™m doing now are a lot different from what I used to do with The Firm, the way I do, what I talk about and the music Iג€™m making is a whole lot different to then so itג€™d just beג€¦ I wouldnג€™t know how to do it at this moment. Iג€™m still doing different things so Iג€™m just kinda working on the new s**t.

I know you probably been asked this a million times but do you think Hip-Hop is still dead?

Yeah, yeah it is. Yeah, but the new artists that Iג€™m loving they coming from the UK, they coming United States, they coming from all over the world and a few in particular are J. Cole, Jay Electronica. Iג€™m really into them and Iג€™m excited for Lupe Fiascoג€™s new album ג€˜Lasersג€™ and Raekwonג€™s new album so the spirit of Hip-Hop is alive and well. The spirit is, canג€™t kill the spirit.

Have you ever heard of an emcee called Lowkey from the UK?

Erm, Iג€™m not sureג€¦

Okay, I was just saying ג€˜cos heג€™s kind of a political activist in the UK so I thought you might have reached out to him a little bitג€¦

Iג€™m sure I will, Iג€™ll be tryingג€¦ Iג€™ll look him up now!

So what are your plans for the rest of the year then?

My plan for the rest of the year man is to become an even better business man, enjoy the Summer yג€™knowג€¦ My Son, my Daughter, new business ventures. Excited whilst Iג€™m recording this new album, continue to grow and just enjoy my life.

One question I really wanted to ask you, youג€™re regarded as one of the best lyricists in Hip-Hop history. Do you feel the pressure when you go into the studio to make that quality music or does it just come natural?

Yeah, I feel a lot of pressure because Iג€™m not like most artists who love attention, who love to rap and stay in the studio all the time. Iג€™m not those guys, I admire them, they inspire me but Iג€™m not those guys and if I was Iג€™d love the attention and Iג€™d go out there and make a million records all year and have a great time but Iג€™m still having a great time just the way I do things so the pressure f**kג€™s with me big-time but somehow I get around it. Somehow through the years Iג€™ve managed to ignore it and do what I do.

Whatג€™s your escape from music?

Oh manג€¦ A great bottle of Scotch. I canג€™t drink Jack Daniels that s**t makes me sick but a great bottle of Scotch, a good Cigarג€¦ Or spending time with my kids, my Daughter and my Son or my niece and nephews. Or just hanging out yג€™know.

Iג€™ve just got one final question for you then. If M didnג€™t stand for Music what would it stand for?

Muhammad Ali.

Can you explain that?

Well firstly he is one of my greatest heroג€™s and I love that he learnt his technique, the dancing around. It helped his fighting evolve. Muhammad Ali has inspired even one of my greatest heroג€™s Bruce Lee who is not even from America reallyג€¦ He is just a remarkable man who beat deep down ignorance. His fighting wasnג€™t just in the ring he fought with the deep down ignorance and bring love to everybody, Heג€™s my hero. He has a great life, a great man.

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x3kHd3UCuXg?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x3kHd3UCuXg?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

Thun

Post by Thun »

Nas's position doesn't seem to deviate very much from the standard limousine liberal Democratic moderate wuss one. He should run for office.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

COOLEHMAGAZINE wrote: But my rise to the top of the Nas apologist hierarchy continues unabated.
you got a long way to go before you can peek out the same project windows as req
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

COOLEHMAGAZINE

Post by COOLEHMAGAZINE »

drizzle wrote:
COOLEHMAGAZINE wrote: But my rise to the top of the Nas apologist hierarchy continues unabated.
you got a long way to go before you can peek out the same project windows as req
Aspirational

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

didnt nas describe himself as being similar to hitler when asked about his inspiration for writing the song "mastermind"?

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

^^^ lol maybe he got the idea from lake

"i'm like a modern day hitler, black gorilla crip & blood in one nigga"

off the same album
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Teddy C.D.

Post by Teddy C.D. »

Compared to most Arab leaders, Ghadaffi has treated the black Africans of Libya at least somwhat decently. He's also one of the only world leaders (Arab or not) to issue an official apology for the enslavement of black Africans, something even the European Union refuses to do (...no surprise there). However, he is still a violent, power-hungry tyrant, and he once offered himself up as the leader of the "United States of Africa."
Also, it's worth noting that the mysterious pro-Ghadaffi "African mercenaries" that the West has been reporting might just be black Libyans fighting in his army--which make sense, considering his better treatment of them.
The difference between Libya and, say Egypt or Tunisia, is that Ghadaffi still has a grasp on his army... I'm not in favor of fighting but Ghadaffi isn't the type of dictator that will just "step down" because his people don't like him.