09. Fuck-A-Freestyle 4:24
10. Lights, Camera, Action Ft. Skylynn 3:09
11. Stop It 5 4:46
12. Speakin In Tungs 2:38
13. Hey Muma 3:12
14. We All Up In Here 3:31
15. They Don't Like You 3:41
16. Be With Me 3:10

So, this is excellent. Huge rebound for Cam from Crime Pays, which in my opinion was pretty much his worst album. Aarabbmuzik actually kills a bunch of these beats. "Lights, Camera, Action" is ridiculous. I think my days of despising his retarded mpc mashing may be coming to an end. Cam'ron sounds reinvigorated too (he has since the Boss mixtapes), which is really nice. The energy is fantastic.

Thoughts?

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

just listened to that one song you posted, now downloading
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

I'm going to pretend that Cam just went from Killa Season to this, with "Glitter" being pretty much the only thing in between that mattered.

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

blastmaster wrote:I'm going to pretend that Cam just went from Killa Season to this, with "Glitter" being pretty much the only thing in between that mattered.
"Suga Duga?"
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:
blastmaster wrote:I'm going to pretend that Cam just went from Killa Season to this, with "Glitter" being pretty much the only thing in between that mattered.
"Suga Duga?"
Yea, that too.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

what about i hate my job

btw i share your skepticism of the mpc button mashing. this aint soul calibur

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

drizzle wrote:what about i hate my job

btw i share your skepticism of the mpc button mashing. this aint soul calibur
Used To Get It In Ohio > I Hate My Job, but neither were really thaaaat good in the big picture. Especially surrounded by all of the trash on the album.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

i like i hate my job more as just a weird little quirky toss off/detour singularity

Thun

Post by Thun »

The song you posted is insane. I've warmed up to Vado in the past few months, nhjic.

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

They Don't Like You is my immediate favorite. I really like when Cam is using that style.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:They Don't Like You is my immediate favorite. I really like when Cam is using that style.
Yea this whole thing is like Cam popped Purple Haze in one day and though "Oh Yea, I can probably still do that". It helps that the beat is rad as fuck.

Versive

Post by Versive »

Will cop next week

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

Thun wrote:The song you posted is insane. I've warmed up to Vado in the past few months, nhjic.
Slime Flu was crazy

House of Games

Post by House of Games »

pm?

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

eh, each song sounds like the one before it. Vado has some cool rhyme schemes but after 8 songs i felt like the whole project looped a few times over.

Gurped Out

Post by Gurped Out »

Didn't know this was dropping so soon, Slime Flu got heavy play around here. Thanks for the heads up fellas.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

A Kid wrote:eh, each song sounds like the one before it. Vado has some cool rhyme schemes but after 8 songs i felt like the whole project looped a few times over.
Way Wrong.

Me Still

Post by Me Still »

"Glitter" is a dope beat. That dude Penz or whatever fucked up a good song.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

Considering I have heard half these songs before as well as some of these Vado verses in freestyles, I am not going crazy over this album. I am a big Cam and Vado fan and this shit is dope but nothing that has me blown away. It's gonna get plenty of burn, though.

Slime Flu was and is my shit. Still bump it around once a week after bumping it daily for months. It's a personal favorite of mine. That shit is ridiculous.

I wish the beat for Face Off on this album would have been a bit faster. Vado's verse is so dope but sounds better at a faster tempo, as it did on Flex that night. Too bad the fact that he could not curse was fuckin up his verse cause it sounded so dope over Quiet Storm.

He kicks Slime Flu verses as well.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BAp-1H1kxqg?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BAp-1H1kxqg?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

COOLEHMAGAZINE

Post by COOLEHMAGAZINE »

This is better than the other shit he has done recently but some of the same problems are still there, just not as bad.

Terrible engineering. Overdubs and adlibs too high.

Cam sounds bored on almost every song. If that's what he's going for, it's a mistake.

Production is not all that.

But while I don't think this is anywhere near Purple Haze level Cam, Stop It 5, Fuck-A-Freestyle, Killa, Breathe, are all serious improvements over recent Cam shit.

I have also come to the realization that even my favorite Cam'Ron albums have way more filler garbage than I remember for some reason. But while Purple Haze has five songs that are awful in retrospect, the songs that are dope are just flat out incredible. Not sure that this has any incredible tracks on it but I gotta listen more.
http://coolehmag.com/frontEnd/
http://twitter.com/#!/coolehmag

I'm from the lost black tribe of Israel, the Yos.

supnick

Post by supnick »

pradadon wrote: I wish the beat for Face Off on this album would have been a bit faster. Vado's verse is so dope but sounds better at a faster tempo, as it did on Flex that night. Too bad the fact that he could not curse was fuckin up his verse cause it sounded so dope over Quiet Storm.
that's what i'm saying

albums bangs, but cam & vado really need to start getting beats from other dudes

i'm sure having zeek throw araab 3 x pills for a track saves some change, but let's go man good grief

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

blastmaster wrote:
A Kid wrote:eh, each song sounds like the one before it. Vado has some cool rhyme schemes but after 8 songs i felt like the whole project looped a few times over.
Way Wrong.
its cool, just plays through like one of those albums you only listen to once or twice and maybe like 5 years down the line.

Doc_Holliday

Post by Doc_Holliday »

I have listened to this a few times through now and it's pretty dope imo. Granted, I have always had a soft spot for Cam (nh) but he definitely brought some energy to this project. Vado is nice with his as well, and he's the perfect compliment to Killa's style since he's able to pick the pace up a little when needed. I was worried about the beats being completely wack but most of them are pretty fitting actually.

Plus it's great to have a version of "Fuck A Freestyle" without DJ Drama's faggot ass yelling over it

:nofancy:

Thun

Post by Thun »

I'm digging this, but I agree with the aforementioned opinion that Slime Flu is far superior.

THE WAVY ONE RNT

Post by THE WAVY ONE RNT »

Alot of this music on this is old and some of them were released on that last "album" or retail mixtape that dropped a couple of months ago.

DLG

Post by DLG »

Be With Me has a nice vintage Dipset/Cam feel to it.

I also think that solo Vado album is a little better than this, though Cam does sound pretty good on a lot of it.

Vado can have some super corny punchlines here and there, but overall, I love his presence on the mic and his voice. He's just a really energetic and charismatic rapper to me.

Thun

Post by Thun »

DLG wrote:Be With Me has a nice vintage Dipset/Cam feel to it.

I also think that solo Vado album is a little better than this, though Cam does sound pretty good on a lot of it.

Vado can have some super corny punchlines here and there, but overall, I love his presence on the mic and his voice. He's just a really energetic and charismatic rapper to me.
Word, Vado's flow is on point, he just needs better coaching in songwriting, I think. Needs to learn where to trim the fat and how to execute a concept properly (though he's made strides recently). If he can somehow channel the oddball traits of early Dipset without losing his flow, he could be what Juelz tried and failed to be (a reputable Harlem rapper who makes good albums).

supnick

Post by supnick »

vado is the most boring man to ever walk the streets of harlem

Dap

Post by Dap »

supnick wrote:vado is the most boring man to ever walk the streets of harlem

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Dap wrote:
supnick wrote:vado is the most boring man to ever walk the streets of harlem
:larry: :larry: :larry: / :larry: :larry: :larry:

Have you fucks even heard Slime Flu?