The Official Raider Klan Thread

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Shit is wild ill, yo. Another whack blastmaster recommendation. Fuck you all.

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

I grew up around all of the music when it was happening that these guys are influenced by so listening to this is easy for me. Ugly and SGP are backed.
:rockout:

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

i want to hear what black metal and noise tracks he was doing before this stuff, also.

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

new tape is brutal. cant wait for the weather to warm up so i can ride around playing Lugubrious with the windows rolled down as loud as it will go.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

blastmaster wrote:Another whack Male Ass Master recommendation. Fuck you

PEACE

DLG

Post by DLG »

sleazy_j wrote:i want to hear what black metal and noise tracks he was doing before this stuff, also.
well the intro tracks of his last two tapes have been some type of noisescapes.

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xiRecKNE_gU?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xiRecKNE_gU?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

great. the beats are excellent the whole way through

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

still on this tape super heavy. this is what id hoped White Dawgs Thug Ride tape would have sounded like when I copped that piece of shit in 1999.

Ugly Mane dropped a classic.

Versive

Post by Versive »

catfish hunter wrote:still on this tape super heavy. this is what id hoped White Dawgs Thug Ride tape would have sounded like when I copped that piece of shit in 1999.

A little early for that but true I've been playing this nonstop basically.

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

Versive wrote:
catfish hunter wrote:still on this tape super heavy. this is what id hoped White Dawgs Thug Ride tape would have sounded like when I copped that piece of shit in 1999.

A little early for that but true I've been playing this nonstop basically.
I know for fact I cant speak for the rest the country but I can speak for the country. Thug Isolation is a trunk classic far as I can care.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

tape is good.
on topic (but not related to lil ugly mane).. been liking what i've been hearing from raider klan as well. metro zu & denzel curry are both dope

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rTImaH_A5B8?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rTImaH_A5B8?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
anyone know where this beat is from?

still diggin on the Ugly Mane, except I rarely make it to the end, keep the earlier tracks on repeat. "Serious Shit" and "Breezem Out" are my current go-to tracks.

DLG

Post by DLG »

this shit though...

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rRHivNYtoD4?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rRHivNYtoD4?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

DLG wrote:this shit though...

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rRHivNYtoD4?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rRHivNYtoD4?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
my most frequently played song of the moment

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

ackbar wrote:denzel curry
My shit right now.

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

http://www.imposemagazine.com/reviews/m ... -ugly-mane
nice review of isolation and some more info on ugly mane.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

I like this crew. But often they sound a little too weird for my tastes. And I'm struggling to filter through the mass collection of random available shit in order to find what appeals most to me. So I'll turn to the local authorities...

Any suggestions where I could look to find more songs like this:
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0zuvAtRB4WE?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0zuvAtRB4WE?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

PEACE

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

i'd recomment sgp's god of black ep or the remastered version of the NASA mixtape
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

KidPhantom

Post by KidPhantom »

Anyone have a link for the remastered version?

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

gracias @ sleazy & drizzle

PEACE

Versive

Post by Versive »

Even still, there's a lot for this mane, his partner in production, and the criminally under-rated CMLK crew to be proud of with Mista Thug Isolation. They've repped their home city of Richmond, VA and their philosophically raw brand of style-hopping rap hard with the first great non-instrumental tape of their clique. The guy who plays Lil' Ugly Mane has a notable history in the city operating a now-defunct DIY artspace/venue, making waves with his old solo harsh noise project, and scoring laughs with a now-removed viral video (sorry, keeping his identity a mystery will be more fun for everyone). Though that backstory used to seem like a novelty, his conceptual art background makes odd sense given how he illuminates his character here, and motivates Shawn Kemp -- perhaps the most MC-craving beatsmith of the CMLKers -- to make the hardest beats he ever has in tribute to something they all love: good ol' hardcore hip hop.
Ironically, blastmaster said SGP was the one who might be too hipsterish. The fact that the article picks out "No Slack in My Mack" as a weak point of the album disturbs me.

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

Versive wrote: Ironically, blastmaster said SGP was the one who might be too hipsterish. The fact that the article picks out "No Slack in My Mack" as a weak point of the album disturbs me.
it might just be that it's too far into the tape. i know i barely listen to it because there's so many more great tracks near the beginning that i keep on repeat.

Versive

Post by Versive »

I play it the most. Best song on there IMO.

axel foley

Post by axel foley »

catfish hunter wrote:new tape is brutal. cant wait for the weather to warm up so i can ride around playing Lugubrious with the windows rolled down as loud as it will go.
cosign. that hook...

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

Versive wrote:
Even still, there's a lot for this mane, his partner in production, and the criminally under-rated CMLK crew to be proud of with Mista Thug Isolation. They've repped their home city of Richmond, VA and their philosophically raw brand of style-hopping rap hard with the first great non-instrumental tape of their clique. The guy who plays Lil' Ugly Mane has a notable history in the city operating a now-defunct DIY artspace/venue, making waves with his old solo harsh noise project, and scoring laughs with a now-removed viral video (sorry, keeping his identity a mystery will be more fun for everyone). Though that backstory used to seem like a novelty, his conceptual art background makes odd sense given how he illuminates his character here, and motivates Shawn Kemp -- perhaps the most MC-craving beatsmith of the CMLKers -- to make the hardest beats he ever has in tribute to something they all love: good ol' hardcore hip hop.
Ironically, blastmaster said SGP was the one who might be too hipsterish. The fact that the article picks out "No Slack in My Mack" as a weak point of the album disturbs me.
I dont agree that running a DIY and making harsh noise records equates being hipsterish. Im basing that off what you highlighted and may be confused.

No Slack In My Mack hits hard. The album is hell on a set of speakers.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

^^ there's a subtlety you're overlooking - obv people were doing scrappy outsider art and putting out experimental music before it became a trendy thing, just like there were food blogs before being a 'foodie' became trendy. but now that the concepts have been appropriated and gentrified, the original article is unfortunately entangled with the trend
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

the whole idea of even having a serious conversation about what is what is not hipster in 2012 is pretty throwback

Versive

Post by Versive »

catfish hunter wrote:
Versive wrote:
I dont agree that running a DIY and making harsh noise records equates being hipsterish. Im basing that off what you highlighted and may be confused.
I was just being as ignorant as blastmaster was in saying SGP might be too hipsterish.

It's a mindless conversation no matter how you look at it. I don't give a fuck if the dude runs a DIY finger painting barbeque. He makes dope music. As does SGP. But I gotta say, to my initial surprise, I'm enjoying this album way more than anything SGP has done.