General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Employee
Fast Eddie

White Jewish Rapper From Pittsburgh Has Number 1 Album

Post by Employee »

http://www.showbiz411.com/2011/11/16/19 ... er-1-album

19 Year White Jewish Rapper From Pittsburgh Has Number 1 Album
The number 1 album this week is ג€œBlue Slide Parkג€ by Mac Miller, real name Malcolm McCormick. Heג€™s a 19 year old white Jewish rapper from the suburbs of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I know, this is unbelievable. Miller records for Rostrum Records, an indie label from Pittsburgh owned by a guy named Benjy Grinburg. Itג€™s the same label that launched Wiz Khalifa on Atlantic Records. For the Mac Miller album, which is hip hop with melodies, Rostrum is distributed through Universal Music Group. The songs, such as they are, are mostly juvenile rap: ג€œfג€” the policeג€ is a chorus line. But apparently Mac actually plays instruments, and is a serious musician. So give him props. And he told one radio interviewer that he loves all kinds of music including the Beatles and Sublime. It does seem like Mac Millerג€™s success comes from hard work and social networking on Facebook, where he has more than a million ג€œfriends.ג€ He also has million Twitter followers. All that translated into about 149,000 CD sales, however. (Interesting, huh?) If youג€™re 50, and youג€™ve been working all your life, stay away from open windows today. Mac Miller says, ג€œIג€™m full of love. I love music.ג€ You canג€™t be against that.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

love hip hop w/ melodies. serious musician
lock thread

Versive

Post by Versive »

Malcolm McCormick. Heג€™s a 19 year old white Jewish rapper
:larry: maybe half

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

i wish my name was Malcolm

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

i dont listen to the radio but does he have a big hit? how the fuck is this #1?

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Philaflava wrote:i dont listen to the radio but does he have a big hit? how the fuck is this #1?
UBM CD COMING SOON

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

I've heard his Donald Trump song a couple times on the radio, but not in the last month or two.

RoKnew

Post by RoKnew »

I was ridin the Telegraph bus through Oakland other day and these two 13-14 white girls were listening to music.

Girl 1: "Oh here's this Mac Miller song. Do you like Mac Miller?"
Girl 2: "I love Mac Miller! Hey, do you like Mac Dre?"

That's all I caught of it but that that was some odd shit. CSB

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

Philaflava wrote:i dont listen to the radio but does he have a big hit? how the fuck is this #1?
Word-of-mouth with college/frat types. He basically succeeded at what Asher Roth attempted.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Asher Roth is the absolute worst. The fact he still has a career and Rikfind continues to pump money into him is fucking baffling.

This kid Mac looks like he got a touch of downs. Some where guys like Mac Lethal must fucking cringe when they see this kid get the success he's had. The Preem beat to #1. He is the white Tyler this year.

deepfriedjellol

Post by deepfriedjellol »

i didnt know i was standing around him when i was standing around him, but he has chronic sinus problems
probably a cheese allergy
a sinus rinse and a daily probiotic would totes improve his musicality and ability to stay on key

love,
dad

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

Philaflava wrote:Some where guys like Mac Lethal must fucking cringe when they see this kid get the success he's had.
I bet Mr. Lethal respects Mr. Miller's grind. And his ability to do it completely independently, as well.

I saw the interview he did with Nardwuar where he talked about how he "loves" the Beatles and even went so far as to get the word "imagine" tattooed on his arm. I mean, guys...he's a rapper...but he LOVES THE MOTHERFUCKING BEATLES!!! This is why everyone loves white people.

vinylpops

Post by vinylpops »

deepfriedjellol wrote:i didnt know i was standing around him when i was standing around him, but he has chronic sinus problems
a sinus rinse and a daily probiotic would totes improve his musicality and ability to stay on key

love,
dad
:lol:

Verge

Post by Verge »

Sylissez wrote:everyone loves white people.
:larry:

Verge

Post by Verge »

vinylpops wrote:
deepfriedjellol wrote:i didnt know i was standing around him when i was standing around him, but he has chronic sinus problems

love,
dad
:lol:
:lol: @sinus rinse

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

mac miller is the worst..

but i like drake, so what the fuck do i know..

Harry Hater

Post by Harry Hater »

You guys ever get tired of wondering why other people like things you dont?

vinylpops

Post by vinylpops »

Harry Hater wrote:You guys ever get tired of wondering why other people like things you dont?
:copy:

starks

Post by starks »

vinylpops wrote:
Harry Hater wrote:You guys ever get tired of wondering why other people like things you dont?
but yeh he's terrible

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

We're supposed to all have the same taste and not like any rap or rappers. How dare you question the logic of the :phila: .
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

we only like rap no one has heard of over producers not even the rappers who use their beats have heard of

but only until someone else hears of them, then they are wack and we never liked them in the first place

:phila: !

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

ardamus wrote:
We're supposed to all have the same taste and not like any rap or rappers. How dare you question the logic of the :phila: .

Why do you act like a little bitch every time someone criticizes a rapper? You drop some variation of this comment at least three times a week.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

furthermore it's a discussion forum. if we don't discus this shit it would be a slob fest and i think i speak for everyone when i saw our tongues are tired from odd future, asap rocky, roc marcy and danny b.

Thun

Post by Thun »

vinylpops wrote:
Who's wondering? People claim to like this guy's music because they are white, clueless, and/or sycophantic.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Combo7 wrote:
ardamus wrote:

Why do you act like a little bitch every time someone criticizes a rapper? You drop some variation of this comment at least three times a week.
Sparking conversation with sarcasm, Ricky. Stop being so mad at what the fuck I post. I keep you on ignore for the most part. I know you can't ignore me but make an attempt for your sake.
Last edited by ardamus on Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

i thought everyone on here removed their tongues from odd futures nuts as soon as they got on mtv, and from asap rockys as soon as the mixtape dropped

mac miller is gonna get a huge deal prolly if he finally decides to sign with a major huh?

i only copped 3 tracks off his album, but i dont have a problem with the kid, hitting billboard at#1 and being cosigned by cats like 9th wonder and bun-b, hes gotta be doin something right i guess

Hair of the Dog

Post by Hair of the Dog »

19 year old Jewish fans buy more music than :phila:

but yea, guy definitely looks like he has fetal alcohol syndrome

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

ardamus wrote:
Combo7 wrote:
ardamus wrote:

Sparking conversation with sarcasm

:roll: Bullshit. You have the same reaction every time someone speaks even a little bit negatively about any shitty rapper. Sticking up for your own, I guess?

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Combo7 wrote:
ardamus wrote:
Combo7 wrote:
ardamus wrote:

Sparking conversation with sarcasm

:roll: Bullshit. You have the same reaction every time someone speaks even a little bit negatively about any shitty rapper. Sticking up for your own, I guess?
Sure thing, Schroeder. You're definitely right about that.

But I do think its funny how critics can't take criticism themselves.

step one

Post by step one »

Piff Tannen wrote: mac miller is gonna get a huge deal prolly if he finally decides to sign with a major huh?
Piff Tannen wrote: being cosigned by cats like 9th wonder and bun-b, hes gotta be doin something right i guess
these 2 statements are unwittingly related and sum up the reason why there's a lot beef in rap recently (last few years)
No one wants to be the dude thats goes against someone who might be the next big thing (which could be absoloutely anyone these days).
Everyone gets a co-sign "just in case" and so you dont come off like a "hater".
Rappers are mostly pussy.

149K to get to #1 though...
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com