Is Maybach music gonna be a problem?

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

blessingindisguise

Is Maybach music gonna be a problem?

Post by blessingindisguise »

Wale-I know alot of peeps weren't feeling his LP and were dissapointed but it was alright and got him a fanbase. He's still a hit away.

Roccett-Been making moves on the west coast. Shame he's so slept on he's not thatbad.

Pill-Could move units with his conscious influenced trap rap. If u haven't heard his mixtapes download a couple and peep the "Glass" video on youtube.

Young buck-he needs another hit and could move units. Wouldn't hurt considering i heard the IRS raided/sued him the other year.

Gunplay-continues to improve and his mixtape "inglorious bastards" was alright better then i expected. He just has to focus and get the right bangers. More Lex lugar and SMKA then Justice league or smooth shit.

That's only 5 folks on his roster. that's hope he develops his artists right. He has some promise on this roster.

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Meek Mill? Ross has assembled a pretty decent roster. I still think GOOD Music has the best current roster in rap.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Rick Ross is running on fumes, how can his label be the next shit? Pill is not originally down with MMG. The old guys are all weak sauce. Wale isn't right on this label with Rick Ross, this is the new Canibus/Wyclef, just wrong chemistry.

an epic fail in the making.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Me Still

Post by Me Still »

I can't fuck wit Ross. His beats are definitely bangin but his voice kinda sucks and homey spits nothing but P Diddy raps. Real cheesy persona. Til this day I still dont get why they gave homey a pass. Most definitely not down with that cop movement. On a positve note, I can't front on how epic some of those beats are.

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Pill might get good production for his debut so that would be really welcome. The rest of them I don't care about, aside from Ross obv.

Mindbender, you would get naked for officer Ricky if it gave you a chance to sign w/ Maybach Music.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

maclethal

Post by maclethal »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:Rick Ross is running on fumes.
Uh. His last album sold almost 200,000 copies first week and is now gold after 6 months.

He consistently sells gold-platinum albums, and platinum singles.

Pretty sure he's not running on fumes.
A tuna that smells like pussy is better than a pussy that smells like tuna. -Anonymous

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I agree he isn't running on fumes. If he is, what are most people running on?

His label will be a non-factor though.

DLG

Post by DLG »

lol @ mindbender being delusional in general not just about his own "rap career"

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

DLG wrote:lol @ mindbender being delusional in general not just about his own "rap career"
post/sig?

hi

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

maclethalcuntfucker wrote:
Uh. His last album sold almost 200,000 copies first week and is now gold after 6 months.

you think he's got 3 more albums in him? i don't.

this is why he's starting a label. because as a rapper, Rick Ross is running on fumes, in my personal opinion.

Rozay should lick the feet of those Justice League producers every morning.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Comedy Quaddafi

Starting a label = your career is failing

That's an astoundingly poorly conceived petty diss, even by your standards.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Thun

Post by Thun »

Pretty great thread, all things considered.

Versive

Post by Versive »

Not running on fumes, just creating them.

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
maclethalcuntfucker wrote:

you think he's got 3 more albums in him? i don't.

this is why he's starting a label. because as a rapper, Rick Ross is running on fumes, in my personal opinion.

Rozay should lick the feet of those Justice League producers every morning.
What do you mean by running on fumes? Dude has steadily improved as a rapper through his career and if he drops 3 more albums of the Deeper Than Rap/Teflon Don caliber, that would be a pretty great career.

As for the people on his label, none of them are that good besides Pill. That Rollin' song by Gunplay and Waka is pretty awesome though.

Versive

Post by Versive »

Personally I like Gunplay's rhymes better than Ross' but the last Ross album is definitely solid and he's definitely been steadily improving.

KhillA

Post by KhillA »

lol @ "gonna be a problem"

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

KhillA wrote:lol @ "gonna be a problem"
That's just slang for "will be a viable business".
See how much cooler it makes the former sound?

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

KhillA

Post by KhillA »

Jayou Ayen wrote:
KhillA wrote:lol @ "gonna be a problem"
That's just slang for "will be a viable business".
See how much cooler it makes the former sound?

thanks for explaining that to me, my guacamoulinyan brother.

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Tracklist:
01. Self Made - Wale, Meek Mill, Pill & Rick Ross feat. Teedra Moses (prod. by Just Blaze)
02. Tupac Back - Meek Mill ft. Rick Ross (prod. by Mill Will / Eardrummers)
03. 600 Benz - Wale ft. Rick Ross & Jadakiss (prod. by Cardiak)
04. Pacman - Pill ft. Rick Ross (prod. by Young Shun)
05. By Any Means - Wale, Meek Mill, Pill & Rick Ross (prod. by Lil' Lody)
06. Fitted Cap - Wale, Meek Mill & Rick Ross ft. J. Cole (prod. by Beat Billionaire)
07. Rise - Pill, Wale & Teedra Moses ft. Prince Cyhi & Curren$y (prod. by Cardiak)
08. That Way - Wale ft. Jeremih & Rick Ross (prod. by Lex Luger)
09. Ima Boss - Meek Mill ft. Rick Ross (prod. by Jahlil Beats)
10. Don't Let Me Go - Pill ft. Gunplay (prod. by The Inkredibles)
11. Pandemonium - Meek Mill ft. Wale & Rick Ross (prod. by The Inkredibles)
12. Play Ya Part - Wale ft. Meek Mill, Rick Ross & DA from Chester French (prod. by The Inkredibles)
13. Ridin' On Dat Pole - Pill (prod. by Beat Billionaire)
14. Big Bank - Pill, Meek Mill, Torch & Rick Ross ft. French Montana (prod. by Young Shun)
15. Running Rebels - Wale ft. Meek Mill & Teedra Moses (prod. by Tone P)

<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SySinpnkU6M?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SySinpnkU6M?fs ... n_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TUeLNimOjmk?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TUeLNimOjmk?fs ... n_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Lots of promise for the album. The leaks (Tupac Back, 600 Benz) and the singles have been great so far. Production doesnt look bad at all.

max prime

Post by max prime »

ross will do fine as long as he keeps featuring on people albums,
the rest of maybach wont

Doc_Holliday

Post by Doc_Holliday »

I have no clue who Roccett or Gunplay are, but I think Wale will disappear within a year, only to pop up on MTV's Made helping some kid win a talent show (he's a faggot). Pill might have a chance if he can continue to get on some decent collabos to build his rep, but I don't see him surviving in an industry full of people with a similar sound (please put me on if I'm missing something with this guy)

Rob Banks

Post by Rob Banks »

Rick Ross? Not a fan. I hate when he works with artists I like. I don't want to hear him on my Ipod. Stay off the Rae and Kanye albums- I'm trying to keep you at bay.

With that said, Rick Ross IS NOT running on fumes. His career seems to be going in the right direction.

His label won't win though. I don't see anyone who's gonna get any bigger on that roster, maybe Meek Mill. The G.O.O.D. roster isn't that great either. Those "dope roster" days are over, guys. Cold Chillin' isn't coming back any time soon. Rhymesayers and Stones Throw have some nice talent but I know that's not what you guys are talking about...

iCONtheMicKing

Post by iCONtheMicKing »

2pac back!
Internet Rapper - http://ipullrank.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nickwoj

Post by nickwoj »

what are the chances any of these dudes will even come out with albums?
wale's the only one i can see coming out with an actual album under maybach.
it would be cool to see meek drop but it would probably be 80% club tracks anyways.

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/806tX9ZN9GI?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/806tX9ZN9GI?fs ... n_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Shiftshock

Post by Shiftshock »

buy being a problem do you mean makin shitty music. Then yes Maybach music is gonna be a problem

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Meek is already a problem.

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gNI8isWZBIk?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gNI8isWZBIk?fs ... n_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

When did he drop the z?

Comedy Quaddafi

24th BTW. Very much looking forward to the album. We haven't heard much from Ross since December and I'm looking forward to hear Pill on some good beats.
- MB

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

blastmaster wrote:When did he drop the z?
Always was Mill.