15%
No, I don't drive a F150 and I didn't attend community college
85%

Total votes: 85

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Do you give a shit about Dre's Detox?

Post by Philaflava »

Maybe if this was 2004 your answer would be different than it is today, but it's 2011 bitches. Every piece of news that leaks further proves that the wait was never "worth it." Every track that leaks further proves the chemistry is gone. I wanted something like 2001, but most of those rappers are retired, DEAD or way past their prime. Nobody gives a fuck about a T.I. and Em collabo anymore.

This is the latest piece of news, yay!
Swizz Beatz Says Dr. Dre's Detox Will Be 'Worth The Wait'
'Everybody just gotta chill out and let that man do his thing,' Swizz tells MTV News.

Good things come to those who wait. So while rap fans continue to clamor over Dr. Dre's long-awaited but hopefully forthcoming Detox, producer Swizz Beatz says to "chill out."

The "On to the Next One" producer told MTV News that he has been in the lab with Dre and together the pair has created about four songs. As of now, Swizz isn't sure which, if any, of their co-creations will end up on Detox, but he has secured one record called "VIP Chillin' " for his upcoming Haute Living LP.

"It's just been a great experience for me, whether they go on the album, whether they don't go on the album," Swizz said of his time spent in the studio with Dre and the songs they've recorded. " 'V.I.P. Chillin',' I took that one for myself, but I would gladly give it back to him anytime he wants it back."

Swizzy is particularly fond of Dre's performance on the aforementioned song. "He's energetic. He's vibing in a way that you've never heard him before," he said. "So even if he don't put that one particular track out, I'm blessed to have the blessing from him to have it for my album."

He does have his favorite, but Beatz says that he is confident with any of his and Dre's songs surfacing. In addition to the work that they did together, Swizz, who has heard at least some of Detox, is supportive of the Doctor and the album's delay. "Dre has amazing songs and I think everything is worth the wait. He's a genius, he's a legend and it's just no getting around that," he said. "Everybody just gotta chill out and let that man do his thing. He's a master at what he does, hands down."

The Bronx, New York, producer has a message for fans that let their impatience grow into doubt of Dr. Dre's capabilities to produce another rap classic. "Don't ever count a master out. I'm never counting a person like Dre out."
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BuJDaOVz2qY?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BuJDaOVz2qY?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Last edited by Philaflava on Sun May 22, 2011 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

At this point I'd probably check out a Swizz Beatz album before a Dre one.

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

I give a shit in the sense that I'm interested in hearing the album.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

I can't even vote No because I'd be lying. Nice community college cheap shot :lol:

step one

Post by step one »

If it looked like he's was going to use the album to showcase new-ish artists like he's done with Snoop, Kurupt, Em etc then maybe but it looks like its going to be Dre roping in a load of big names to make sure he gets mainstream attention and a bit of cross-promotion of the artists involved.

So, in answer to the question 'No' but it will probably have one or two decent tracks worth getting.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

LameAim

Post by LameAim »

If it ever shows up, I'll listen to it. Either way.

Req

Post by Req »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:I give a shit in the sense that I'm interested in hearing the album.
F.U. MOOLAH

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:I give a shit in the sense that I'm interested in hearing the album.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Kid That's Lifeless wrote:I can't even vote No because I'd be lying. Nice community college cheap shot :lol:
I was just trying to keep up with the reoccurring poll options in M2C. I have nothing against CC.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

I held out faith until the songs were pure shit. Unless Chili Chil is all over the thing, I doubt I will even listen.

The Road

Post by The Road »

i was a believer until those awful singles came out. i need a doctor is the worst song i have heard this year.

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

it's dre...i've listened to most (if not all) of the stuff he has put out publicly his whole career. there is no point in not wanting to listen now. i guess i'm just not waiting for it, and haven't been for the last 2 years.

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

I wanna hear it, but then again I am a 31 year old man that doesn't act like a school girl when it comes to rap music so I could care less when it comes out or any album for that matter

Thun

Post by Thun »

Mo Cheeks wrote:I wanna hear it, but then again I am a 31 year old man that doesn't act like a school girl when it comes to rap music so I could care less when it comes out or any album for that matter
You're so sexy and dangerous.

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

My interest in it now is less for the music and more as a pop culture curiosity.

Of course, I say that now and I've still yet to hear Chinese Democracy.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:Chinese Democracy.
That is the exact feeling I have for Detox.

Dids

Post by Dids »

The reference tracks that leaked last year (or before that maybe) were mostly pretty solid. Given that at least one of those beats ended up in a Dr. Pepper commercial I'm not sure they'll be on the album- but if they are there's some promise. (although I can't imagine they'll be better with Dre rapping instead of the guys on those tracks)

Verge

Post by Verge »

Hell fuckin no.

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

Thun wrote:
Mo Cheeks wrote:I wanna hear it, but then again I am a 31 year old man that doesn't act like a school girl when it comes to rap music so I could care less when it comes out or any album for that matter
You're so sexy and dangerous.
I have gas from Burger King

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

Philaflava wrote:
So once 'Detox' is released, what other opt-delayed "masterpieces" are there left.

We already have:

Chinese Democracy
Brian Wilson's 'Smile' (although I think it's great)

and to a lesser extent:

The Greatest Story Never Told

What else is left in limbo?
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

i voted yes but i didn't hear any of the singles so i'd probably change my vote if i did and they blew dick
Nets 2022

rhickey

Post by rhickey »

Verge wrote:Hell fuckin no.

COOLEHMAGAZINE

Post by COOLEHMAGAZINE »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
So once 'Detox' is released, what other opt-delayed "masterpieces" are there left.

We already have:

Chinese Democracy
Brian Wilson's 'Smile' (although I think it's great)

and to a lesser extent:

The Greatest Story Never Told

What else is left in limbo?
If you mean irrespective of pop icon status or my own personal level of anticipation or lack thereof:

Rza "The Cure" would be high on the list in terms of the amount of elapsed time.

A wealth of Doom projects: Swift & Changeable, FM Mood, Madvillain 2

Despot's untitled debut album

Immortal Technique "The Middle Passage"
http://coolehmag.com/frontEnd/
http://twitter.com/#!/coolehmag

I'm from the lost black tribe of Israel, the Yos.

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

ill do what i always do

wait for it to come out then look for opinions on it from people who arent stupid...if it gets good buzz ill cop

but im not anticipating it in the least

Gyangsta 4 Life

Post by Gyangsta 4 Life »

:owens: @ fucking DJ Khalil and Alex da Kid with these corny pre-fab, one-size-fits-all, insert-verse-here, featuring-Skylar-Grey abominations.

The Clipse, Eminem, Lupe and now Dre: Albums seriously marred or completely ruined by this trend. Nate Dogg is turning in his grave.

Gyangsta 4 Life

Post by Gyangsta 4 Life »

detox killed nate dogg

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Gyangsta 4 Life wrote:detox killed nate dogg
chuuuuch
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Kace

Post by Kace »

Is this the thread about those people who thought the rapture was going to take place yesterday? Oh no wait, its about those who still think Dre will bring out a new album.
:killacam: Guess we will all see the second coming quicker than that Detox album after all..
'I suppose everyone has their own limit, but some things you simply can never stop fighting for.'

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

if all of the singles that have been released so far don't end up being on the album- that would make it better for me I guess, but I voted no.

sun ra
Wifey Material

Post by sun ra »

wtf is wrong with you guys.