Mr. Muthafuckin eXquire

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

zachg

Post by zachg »

Dude makes good raps. I don't think we expect much more from a rapper these days. In fact that alone, along with being yourself is redemption music.
-empty-

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Lost In Translation will drop on September 11th as a FREE download and will feature production from El-P, Necro, Esoteric, BoweryBeats, Constrobuz and Charli Brown Beatz. Check out the full tracklist below:
1. Triple F [prod. by Charli Brown Beatz]
2. Huzzah!ג€ [prod. by Necro]
3. Fire Marshall Bill [prod. by El-P]
4. Chicken Spot Rock feat. Dallas Tha Kid [prod. by El-P]
5. Cockmeat Sandwich/Pissinג€™ Between Train Cars [prod. by El-P]
6. Weight of Water [prod. by Constrobuz]
7. I Should Be Sleepinג€™ [prod by Charli Brown Beatz]
8. Maltese Falcon Pt. 1 and Pt. 2 [prod. by BoweryBeats]
9. Michael Dudikoff [prod. by BoweryBeats]
10. Hip Hop Networking 101 (Skit)
11. Lou Ferignoג€™s Mad [prod. by Constrobuz]
12. Lovesponge
13. Nuthinג€™ Even Matters (Regrets)
14. Yeahright!.com (Skit)
15. Galactus Redux [prod. by Esoteric)
16. Build-A-Bitch [prod. by El-P]
17. No Time feat. Goldie Glo [prod. by El-P]

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

original production or beats from fantastic damage?

hmmmmm we will see

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

judging by the recent tweets/pics floating around at least some of these will be og elp beats. if not, proper collab should surface somewhere soonish
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

vinylpops

Post by vinylpops »

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nzcFjJSgWfE&re ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nzcFjJSgWfE&re ... &version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

pretty great vid

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

great beat

edit: litlle johnny from the hospital beat :lol:

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Dope.

And yeah:

<object width="420" height="345"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/_Ak85 ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/_Ak85 ... 3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="345" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

HA i knew it was something like that but couldn't remember exactly what it was

GM Dizzy Skillespie
Ghetto Revivalist

Post by GM Dizzy Skillespie »

drizzle wrote:HA i knew it was something like that but couldn't remember exactly what it was
shit was eating me up.
and with all the el-p beats supposedly on Lost In Translation... I was thinking it had to do with EL.

Noz wasn't too far off when he referenced Sir Menelik's space cadillac.

COOLEHMAGAZINE

Post by COOLEHMAGAZINE »

GM Dizzy Skillespie wrote:
drizzle wrote:HA i knew it was something like that but couldn't remember exactly what it was
shit was eating me up.
and with all the el-p beats supposedly on Lost In Translation... I was thinking it had to do with EL.

Referenced it how? I know that no one in their right mind is putting Mr. eXquire in Menelik's league, are they?
http://coolehmag.com/frontEnd/
http://twitter.com/#!/coolehmag

I'm from the lost black tribe of Israel, the Yos.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Why the hell did he release it on a Sunday? I need this to bump in the car when I am driving around this weekend.

CHANCE RANDOM

Post by CHANCE RANDOM »

GREAT cover. Is she wiping her ass or getting herself off? Either way, dope.

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

I've liked most of the eXquire shit that's surfaced since "Huzzah", but the verse in that song has finally made me a believer in his potential. Perfect, perfect lane for him, and the verse is point-blank bananas.

BRAZ

Post by BRAZ »

really? I think that was the worst thing ive heard from him.

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

I dunno, everything happening from the 1 to 2 minute mark struck a chord with me that I hadn't gotten yet from the other work I've heard.

GM Dizzy Skillespie
Ghetto Revivalist

Post by GM Dizzy Skillespie »

COOLEHMAGAZINE wrote:
GM Dizzy Skillespie wrote:
shit was eating me up.

Referenced it how? I know that no one in their right mind is putting Mr. eXquire in Menelik's league, are they?
on FADER.
and naw... just talking about the beat... not menelik the rapper.

Haitian Jack

Post by Haitian Jack »

son iz aiite but cmon man how iz he better than all tha other dudes doin that intelligent corner shit. st laz? lord superb?thirstin? i aint buying it

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Haitian Jack wrote:son iz aiite but cmon man how iz he better than all tha other dudes doin that intelligent corner shit. st laz? lord superb?thirstin? i aint buying it
He's not. This is textbook Blogerrati Bonerism approaching its apex. Definitely an ill dude, but not ill enough to get his own beats. HustleCrowe filmed him and a friend (nh @ "filmed him and a friend") in a convenience store rapping to an EL-P instrumental. Take away the Snob Set's lust for anyone who can rap and this guy is like a 1996 B-side at best.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Employee wrote:
Haitian Jack wrote:son iz aiite but cmon man how iz he better than all tha other dudes doin that intelligent corner shit. st laz? lord superb?thirstin? i aint buying it
He's not. This is textbook Blogerrati Bonerism approaching its apex. Definitely an ill dude, but not ill enough to get his own beats. HustleCrowe filmed him and a friend (nh @ "filmed him and a friend") in a convenience store rapping to an EL-P instrumental. Take away the Snob Set's lust for anyone who can rap and this guy is like a 1996 B-side at best.
I think he's more idiosyncratic than you're giving credit here but I agree with most of your sentiment.

Versive

Post by Versive »

St. Laz and Lord Superb aren't really good comparisons. I haven't heard much St. Laz but neither of them are as funny or weird as Exquire. Sure, Lord Superb has conducted himself in a not-so-ordinary manner in real life, but he hasn't been buggin out lyrically since Supreme Clientele, at least not from what I've heard.

Superb Clientele, Lord's 2009 release, is sick but not as entertaining as The Big Fat Kill.

I don't think anybody said he's better than Thurston yet.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Has it gotten to the point that pretty much every new rapper that gets a good reception here goes on to develop hype way too quickly and fizzle out early as a result of unrealistic expectations? Should we just partially ignore promising rappers and give them two years to improve before gassing them up and enabling twitter-based collabos to emerge and blog coverage to overexpose?

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Thun wrote:
Employee wrote:
I think he's more idiosyncratic than you're giving credit here but I agree with most of your sentiment.
You're right. He's an ill cat and I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to avoid listening to him rap.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Versive wrote:
St. Laz and Lord Superb aren't really good comparisons. I haven't heard much St. Laz but neither of them are as funny or weird as Exquire. Sure, Lord Superb has conducted himself in a not-so-ordinary manner in real life, but he hasn't been buggin out lyrically since Supreme Clientele, at least not from what I've heard.

Superb Clientele, Lord's 2009 release, is sick but not as entertaining as The Big Fat Kill.

I don't think anybody said he's better than Thurston yet.
You're a faggot, bro.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Thun wrote:Has it gotten to the point that pretty much every new rapper that gets a good reception here goes on to develop hype way too quickly and fizzle out early as a result of unrealistic expectations? Should we just partially ignore promising rappers and give them two years to improve before gassing them up and enabling twitter-based collabos to emerge and blog coverage to overexpose?
If the average "career" these days reached or eclipsed two years I think everyone here would agree besides the faggots.

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

not out yet?

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

Versive

Post by Versive »

Way better than The Big Fat Kill on first listen.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

fyi for anyone wondering, the much lauded posse cut rmx of huzza with elp and danny brown and das faggots is a hidden bonus track on this

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

remix is better than original - despot and danny and el-p kill that track also eXquire has batter verse on remix, anyone agree?