Most Disappointing Artist

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Escobar305

Most Disappointing Artist

Post by Escobar305 »

<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/motAUqnpaVM?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/motAUqnpaVM?ve ... n_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Jay has basically been a fail thus far. Instead of capitalizing off his buzz and releasing a mixtape or album, he has practically disappeared. He is ethering himself every day by not releasing music.

Thun

Post by Thun »

He's no Big Sean, that's for sure.

zombie

Post by zombie »

He is a faggot.

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Him signing with Jay-Z solidified the fail. He fell off the map after the signing.
Last edited by Escobar305 on Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

unbelievable dickhead

Post by unbelievable dickhead »

i think he may have had the best possible career arc of an artist.

he waited to say something until he was a full grown man with something worth sharing. he said it. and moved on.

imagine how much less creative clutter the world would have if all artists had this kind of restraint.

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Riveting thread, would read again.

DaBonks

Post by DaBonks »

Thun wrote:He's no Big Sean, that's for sure.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl:

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

unbelievable dickhead wrote:i think he may have had the best possible career arc of an artist.

he waited to say something until he was a full grown man with something worth sharing. he said it. and moved on.

imagine how much less creative clutter the world would have if all artists had this kind of restraint.
what did he say? not sure if you're serious but i didn't hear him
(unless what he had to say was drink mountain dew)

zombie

Post by zombie »

ackbar wrote:
unbelievable dickhead wrote:i think he may have had the best possible career arc of an artist.

:rofl:

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

DaBonks wrote:
Thun wrote:He's no Big Sean, that's for sure.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl:
:copy:

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

zombie wrote:
ackbar wrote:

:rofl:
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

Praverb

Post by Praverb »

I would second Jay Electronica...

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

this could mean nothing but

@JayElectronica
ℒℴѵℯJayELECTRONICA★
its about that time. Pardon my tardiness.
20 hours ago via Twitter for Mac
Nets 2022

step one

Re: Most Disappointing Artist

Post by step one »

Escobar305 wrote:
Jay has basically been a fail thus far. Instead of capitalizing off his buzz and releasing a mixtape or album, he has practically disappeared. He is ethering himself every day by not releasing music.
he should definitely release an 8 minute song with 5 guests every friday from now until December to make sure he's constantly discussed on the internet.

Being 15 years old you're too young to remember a time when an artist would drop one album a year with a couple of singles and then that would be it save for maybe a soundtrack cut or remix. Its no coincidence there was less bullshit around back then.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

step one wrote:
Escobar305 wrote:
he should definitely release an 8 minute song with 5 guests every friday from now until December to make sure he's constantly discussed on the internet.

Being 15 years old you're too young to remember a time when an artist would drop one album a year with a couple of singles and then that would be it save for maybe a soundtrack cut or remix. Its no coincidence there was less bullshit around back then.
:lol:

Leave it to step one to defend his absence. Jay Electronica is 33 years old. There is not a lot of time left for him.

"Blue Fridays" >>>

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

badu said she doesn't think jay elec will ever release a true album

escobar305 is the biggest retard ever in sports bar, trust me i would lambast him if he left himself open to it, but he might have a point with this thread

he's left us all wanting more and it seems like he's content with where he's at and what he's doing. from a selfish standpoint i would love if he took the tupac/lil wayne/lil b "a song every day" approach
Nets 2022

step one

Post by step one »

Escobar305 wrote:
step one wrote:
Escobar305 wrote:

Leave it to step one to defend his absence. Jay Electronica is 33 years old. There is not a lot of time left for him.

"Blue Fridays" >>>
33?! OMG he's practically DEAD!
He's about the same age as Fabolous and younger than Jay Z and Nas.

My response was less about 'defending' him ( the only track I really like of his is Exhibit C) and more about pointing out what a complete dick you are

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

step one wrote:
Escobar305 wrote:
step one wrote:
Escobar305 wrote:

"Blue Fridays" >>>
33?! OMG he's practically DEAD!
He's about the same age as Fabolous and younger than Jay Z and Nas.
And all those rappers have more than five albums out.

step one

Post by step one »

oh ok.

fact is if/when he does drop something the internet will go nuts anyway. Id rather he bide his time and drop something decent than release a bunch of freestyles and half-assed tracks that he rush-released in a bid to keep his name out there.
You know there was 3 years between 'Live At The Barbeque' and 'Illmatic' ?
7 years between 'Hawaian Sophie' and 'Reasonable Doubt' ?
Probably not.

zombie

Post by zombie »

I'd rather he not release anything anymore and just die already.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

another jay elec thread. i swear he has more threads than tracks.

i rather him not make an album at this point because i know i'll be disappointed so the once every few years he does drop some shit i'll continue to download and listen. he is still dope and one of the few i'll check for no matter what he does (if he does it).

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Most disappointing artist? Jadakiss.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

starks

Post by starks »

have faith.
he's not done yet.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

zombie wrote:I'd rather he not release anything anymore and just die already.
:owens:

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

starks wrote:have faith.
he's not done yet.
i'm trying to hold out myself as well.
who knows whats going on behind those doors at Roc Nation.
if J. Cole hasn't dropped like he should've then you know something is going on with Jay Elec.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

zombie

Post by zombie »

Blockhead wrote:
zombie wrote:I'd rather he not release anything anymore and just die already.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

I love the whole release a song every 6 months and make fagz squirm and whine without any intention or financial need to ever release a real album strategy.

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

step one wrote:oh ok.

fact is if/when he does drop something the internet will go nuts anyway. Id rather he bide his time and drop something decent than release a bunch of freestyles and half-assed tracks that he rush-released in a bid to keep his name out there.
Probably not.
:larry:

Do you know how old Nas was when Illmatic dropped? How about Jay Z? Oh, ok.

Jay Elect's moves are the worst compared to any other "new" rap artist. "Let's put out a Mountain Dew commercial instead of an album or mixtape!" :fail:

step one

Post by step one »

Escobar305 wrote:
step one wrote:oh ok.

Probably not.
:larry:

Do you know how old Nas was when Illmatic dropped? How about Jay Z? Oh, ok.

Jay Elect's moves are the worst compared to any other "new" rap artist. "Let's put out a Mountain Dew commercial instead of an album or mixtape!" :fail:
dude you need a get a job in A&R stat. you could probably save the Hip Hop.

oh whats that? you're a 15 year old faggot whos entire knowledge of the genre is based on 3 years worth of 2dopeboyz and nahright posts? best gtfo then.

zombie

Post by zombie »

How can people on this site seriously defend a rapper not making an album and instead do a soda commercial.

Some of you are literally cheetos munching mountain dew slurping obese world of warcraft nerds.

Fucking lamers.