General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Re: ASAP Rocky Thread

Post by drizzle »

Blockhead wrote:Not mad at that really
finally listened to it now, yea it's not bad at all. kinda wish they didn't pad out Stewart's vocals with Miguel's but whatever
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

drizzle wrote:
Blockhead wrote:Not mad at that really
finally listened to it now, yea it's not bad at all. kinda wish they didn't pad out Stewart's vocals with Miguel's but whatever
Yeah. Seemed unnecessary to have Miguel on there at all but it doesn't bug me too much. Also, it's funny how sampling rod stewart has become "Featuring Rod Stewart".

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

I wonder if he gets more money that way. Hope so.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

I'm sure he does. He probably gets all the publishing already. Safe to say he'll make more money off that song than anyone else involved.

LONDON

Post by LONDON »

TheTed wrote:A$AP Rocky - Everyday feat. Rod Stewart x Miguel x Mark Ronson

tunes big, asap rocky & ferg are big
"get this money by all means necesssary"

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

TheTed

Post by TheTed »

The Dangermouse influence is strong with this one

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

this NYClown tryna go full drizz
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Feeling Multiply and the ASAP Roddy joint, but LSD wooooooooof

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

bones on the album tho

illuminati_guy

Post by illuminati_guy »

bones track is basically this

bones just on the hook

album leaked

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

I enjoy it more than the Kendrick album

PEACE

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

Will begrudgingly admit that this is pretty great
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

agony

Post by agony »

Loving it so far even that LSD has grown on me.
Standout tracks Excuse Me and Canal St

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

So this leaked? Wow, I'm late. I've been waiting for it for the longest time. Can't listen to it right at this moment though. Saying that it's better than Kendrick's album is a pretty big statement. So far, 2015 has been killing it with the albums. Soo much good music.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

illuminati_guy wrote:bones track is basically this

bones just on the hook

album leaked
bones solo version shits all over the asap rocky version

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

TheTed wrote:

The Dangermouse influence is strong with this one
This has grown on me, great video too...really wanna fuck that asian girl...

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

ChaMerZ wrote:So this leaked? Wow, I'm late. I've been waiting for it for the longest time. Can't listen to it right at this moment though. Saying that it's better than Kendrick's album is a pretty big statement. So far, 2015 has been killing it with the albums. Soo much good music.

Not saying its better, but that I enjoy it more

PEACE

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

Funny, I won't lie. I hated this dude when he was first coming out. I'm sure I blasted him earlier in this thread somewhere. The kid grew on me, though. I'm gonna check out the album later. I like that LSD joint.

I used to have that virgin Mary medallion he's rocking back in like 1995. Haven't see that one in a while.

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

pradadon wrote:Funny, I won't lie. I hated this dude when he was first coming out. I'm sure I blasted him earlier in this thread somewhere. The kid grew on me, though. I'm gonna check out the album later. I like that LSD joint.

I used to have that virgin Mary medallion he's rocking back in like 1995. Haven't see that one in a while.
there's nothing more refreshing than a ridiculous poster staring his ridiculousness in the face and retracting his criticisms.

here are the posts. straight outta 2011 y'all
pradadon wrote:This dude sucks.
pradadon wrote:People can't possibly think that this dude is a talented artist. I wish for once people would stand up and say that an artist sucks, regardless of how many 17 year old fur lined Ugg boot wearing kids drinking homemade Robitussin cocktails sweat them. Peso is prob one of the best song this dude is ever going to make, and it's not even that good.

I am by no means some old bitter dude who can't say anything post 97 is good. I always try to stay current as much as time allows and there are plenty of artists whom I think are talented and make good music.
pradadon wrote:Well, I guess I am old but I do not consider myself bitter at all. Like I said, I listen to new school artists and music a lot, and I like it for the most part. I may be in the minority on the internets, but I actually like Drake mostly. I like Ross. Love Vado, love Bronson. These are new school artists (meaning they have come on the scene or come into their own in the last 5 years) that make joints and are talented on one level or another.

To me, this dude is just wack. He sounds like a retard. His shit sounds like a skit on the Chapelle show or SNL. I can't take it seriously.

Nothing else to really say. To each his own. I shouldn't say something is wack because music is for everyone- that's always been my mentality. There is enough to go around and you don't have to like everything.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

the irony is that Rocky was never again as good as that initial run of songs that made up the bootleg mixtape and LLASAP
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

ChaMerZ wrote:
pradadon wrote:Funny, I won't lie. I hated this dude when he was first coming out. I'm sure I blasted him earlier in this thread somewhere. The kid grew on me, though. I'm gonna check out the album later. I like that LSD joint.

there's nothing more refreshing than a ridiculous poster staring his ridiculousness in the face and retracting his criticisms.

here are the posts. straight outta 2011 y'all
pradadon wrote:This dude sucks.
pradadon wrote:People can't possibly think that this dude is a talented artist. I wish for once people would stand up and say that an artist sucks, regardless of how many 17 year old fur lined Ugg boot wearing kids drinking homemade Robitussin cocktails sweat them. Peso is prob one of the best song this dude is ever going to make, and it's not even that good.

I am by no means some old bitter dude who can't say anything post 97 is good. I always try to stay current as much as time allows and there are plenty of artists whom I think are talented and make good music.
pradadon wrote:Well, I guess I am old but I do not consider myself bitter at all. Like I said, I listen to new school artists and music a lot, and I like it for the most part. I may be in the minority on the internets, but I actually like Drake mostly. I like Ross. Love Vado, love Bronson. These are new school artists (meaning they have come on the scene or come into their own in the last 5 years) that make joints and are talented on one level or another.

To me, this dude is just wack. He sounds like a retard. His shit sounds like a skit on the Chapelle show or SNL. I can't take it seriously.

Nothing else to really say. To each his own. I shouldn't say something is wack because music is for everyone- that's always been my mentality. There is enough to go around and you don't have to like everything.

I don't retract my criticism of his early work at all. Still hate Peso. Still think he sounded like a clown on most of the early work. He has matured overall throughout his career to the point that a lot of his newer stuff is more appealing to me. I have no problem changing my mind about music and artists. For example, when Cam first came out with Un after COC, I was really surprised by the course he took musically. I hated it. Then SDE came out and I loved it. His style grew, and it grew on me to the point where Cam was one of my favorites and still is. In 1998 I hated him.

Some people may prefer that older first run of his songs. I wasn't much of a fan.

Nothing ridiculous about me b.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

We'll see if this new album is any good, though. Not going to sit here and act like I'm all up on everything this kid is doing or did so we'll see. Don't have the time to go through this thread, but I'm pretty sure even more recently than my initial posts I had already said that the dude was maturing musically and I liked it more than I did.

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

blastmaster wrote:I wonder if he gets more money that way. Hope so.
Rod's got mad money anyway.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

drizzle wrote:the irony is that Rocky was never again as good as that initial run of songs that made up the bootleg mixtape and LLASAP
He's still good now but I agree that it's doubtful he will ever top his initial run

Moss

Post by Moss »

solid album. I like it.

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

yeah that liveloveasap mixtape gets more play by me than any other rap album released in the last 5 years.

it took me like two weeks to stop rewinding the tape after the first 4 tracks.

this new album is dope. the last album i only played maybe two times front to back.

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

last song in the album is crazy. the way mos def stealthily makes a cameo is just piff. beat is bananas too.

illuminati_guy

Post by illuminati_guy »

last album really grew on me after a while, counting off wild for tonight and fucking problems and i don't like 1 train anymore

new album haven't hit me yet but maybe its a grower too. its a bit too long and some parts are off imo, there is some great stuff on it that keeps me listening to it

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

i like this album, the tracks i enjoy, i REALLY like

wavybone
pharside
canal st
excuse me
lsd
holy ghost
M$
every day
back home
max b
electric body

had he made this album like 11-13 tracks itd be a contender for aoty, but thats just IMO