Battle Rap Vid Thread (KOTD, URL, iBattle, etc.)

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Req

Re: Battle Rap Vid Thread (KOTD, URL, iBattle, etc.)

Post by Req »

Moolah wrote:
ardamus wrote:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I expected Arcane to win but I had no idea that Dizaster would out-Canibus Canibus. Diz got bodied by Arcane (or Caustic's?) c material because he's a silly emotional faggot.
:lol: pretty much. Dude went from Tom Cruise in Top Gun to jumping on couches in a matter of months. Shits disgustin'.
F.U. MOOLAH

ObeseJesus

Post by ObeseJesus »

Moolah wrote:Diz barely had a coherent thought until the 3rd round, seriously some of the worst attempts at battle rap I've ever heard. He deserved to be booed for those non-rhyming attempts at bars, and the fact that he reacted like Jaz just made it all the more embarrassing.
This. Diz had 100% ether in that evidence, which made him too cocky to actually write for Arcane, thus blowing what should have been an easy victory. The bullshit bars he was spitting deserved to get booed. Diz's freestyle approach is great when he has a foundation of strong writtens to support it, but you can't be in a main event match and spit 8 lame, unfunny, poorly delivered, and non-rhyming bars in a row.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

speaker wrote:
Moolah wrote: I expected Arcane to win but I had no idea that Dizaster would out-Canibus Canibus. Diz got bodied by Arcane (or Caustic's?) c material because he's a silly emotional faggot.
Not really. All issues of ghostwriting aside, the bars Arcane spit were mildly entertaining at best, and so predictable that Diz finished many of them. Arcane only won because of Diz's overblown theatrics, and because the crowd was full of Canadian wiggers booing Diz, and oohing and ahhing over multis with Jay Leno-caliber punchlines. Maybe they should have held up cue cards for him to complete the effect.

I agree with Ardamus and Thun.
:leon:

Yeah Diz fucked up because he flipped out. But Moolah, ObeseJesus, and whoever else that is siding with Arcane on winning, you forget some things as to why this is bad for Arcane later on.

- He accused The Saurus of buying bars before when he won the Grand Prix in the past.
- Allegedly, JVL got outcasted because he used to help him along with some folks which got around in the battle scene.
- Its contradicts a lot of his bars about being a real emcee, IMO. I think he is talented in his performance with skill and his album is great, however, it makes him look bad.
- This started with the Chedda Cheese battle, too. Caustic drew out guidelines on what Arcane could use for that battle and Arcane didn't follow thru on it. Forgot what line it was but people were questioning how they both said the same line in two different battles.
- And a rule of thumb for ghostwriting in battling is that its always something you hide and don't let fans, battlers, and etc. find out you have ghostwriters. Because as you can see it can cause some tricky situations. That was more so Caustic's fault in this sense. I don't doubt that Arcane has written a lot of his material but this makes it unbelievable that he has written them because of the perception now.
- Shows a weakness in the new era of battling with ghostwriting. If there are people with writing circles out there, they may come to a halt if word gets out some of the dopest battle emcees got some SNL writer shit going on in the background. And some of them would have to learn how freestyle well if they choke to show they've come up with their own material.

Matter of fact, Caustic was on the Battle Rap Arena show with Norbes and Jesserican talking about this.

Moolah wrote:Like I said, Arcane's c material. The crowd overreacting was annoying, but the fact that it made Dizaster get visibly umad and give up made it worthwhile.

Diz barely had a coherent thought until the 3rd round, seriously some of the worst attempts at battle rap I've ever heard. He deserved to be booed for those non-rhyming attempts at bars, and the fact that he reacted like Jaz just made it all the more embarrassing.
Even some of the judges that voted for Arcane admitted the crowd didn't give Diz a chance. Yeah Diz should've kept his cool and waited for the 3rd to expose Arcane but the crowd booing like that makes it somewhat hard to rewatch and catch some of what Diz was saying. That's why I feel bad for Diz on this. To find out someone is getting ghostwritten for after all this time and you're able to freestyle/spit writtens with talent and no help from anyone. Re-listen to what Shotty Horroh said. 20 people against 1 person.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

thats true, but i wouldnt have voted for diz based on the fact that arcane may have bought some bars though. lookin at the battle directly, diz coulda easily taken it knowing what he knew before hand. he could have blitzed the shit out of arcane with it with an entire scathing round, but he instead got umad and tossed the battle away. i feel like the crowd was booing at his bars as much as his attitude.

the fiasco is a pox on the scene and what have you of course. i guess we'll have to see what happens next for both.

shotty was right, but based on performance alone, diz def took an unnecessary L on this one

dubs

Post by dubs »

That was shameful. I feel for Organik(nh), in the way that he has to do business with a lot of dickheads. Dizaster looks like a spoiled child here. I was never a fan of of Diz or Arcane, so my battle rap feelings have not been hurt by this whole debacle. I became a Caustic fan after the Jeffy P battle though, and im not mad at him taking advantage of other peoples lack of creativity/laziness.
Employee wrote:dubs being the West Coast's ric, his thug is bonafide and justified.

dubs

Post by dubs »

I also rule it a no contest.

No way did Dizaster win this. He had a perfect chance to ether Arcane into oblivion and squandered the chance.

Arcane can not possibly win with the angle presented against him, therefore it is a no contest.
Employee wrote:dubs being the West Coast's ric, his thug is bonafide and justified.

ObeseJesus

Post by ObeseJesus »

ardamus wrote: Yeah Diz fucked up because he flipped out. But Moolah, ObeseJesus, and whoever else that is siding with Arcane on winning, you forget some things as to why this is bad for Arcane later on.

- He accused The Saurus of buying bars before when he won the Grand Prix in the past.
- Allegedly, JVL got outcasted because he used to help him along with some folks which got around in the battle scene.
- Its contradicts a lot of his bars about being a real emcee, IMO. I think he is talented in his performance with skill and his album is great, however, it makes him look bad.
- This started with the Chedda Cheese battle, too. Caustic drew out guidelines on what Arcane could use for that battle and Arcane didn't follow thru on it. Forgot what line it was but people were questioning how they both said the same line in two different battles.
- And a rule of thumb for ghostwriting in battling is that its always something you hide and don't let fans, battlers, and etc. find out you have ghostwriters. Because as you can see it can cause some tricky situations. That was more so Caustic's fault in this sense. I don't doubt that Arcane has written a lot of his material but this makes it unbelievable that he has written them because of the perception now.
- Shows a weakness in the new era of battling with ghostwriting. If there are people with writing circles out there, they may come to a halt if word gets out some of the dopest battle emcees got some SNL writer shit going on in the background. And some of them would have to learn how freestyle well if they choke to show they've come up with their own material.
I agree with all of this and I think it's all pretty undeniable, which is why Diz should have clearly articulated these points and he would have easily won. Putting his bitch fit to the side, Diz just didn't have bars, and if he would have tried that at Smack, he would have been booed off the stage worse than Iron Solomon.

Obviously Arcane is now in a bad spot, and whoever his next opponent is should easily beat him if they're any good. But I don't see how anyone could say Diz won that, or even that it was a tie.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

I don't think anyone can be mad at Caustic. Some people are because he played both sides somewhat but honestly, he was just getting his bread. If you're mad at Caustic, that means you have to be mad at Arcane's ghostwriters, too. :lol: All Arcane had to say was no or he wasn't going to act on it and this would've never happened.

Well, Diz did articulate what happened. He did it wrong really by starting off with that piece of paper. He should've used it in just one of his rounds and went from there. His timing was off, the crowd didn't respond to it well, and he threw tantrum. That all helped Arcane. It'll be interesting to see who Arcane's next opponent will be.

Thun

Post by Thun »

I'm not mad at Caustic's attempt to hustle paper from a hack, but his actions did lead to this debacle, which is as Piff says, a real pox on the scene. I don't think the repercussions were worth $200.

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

he should battle real deal or some smack nigga

diz still has to battle t-rex, right? whoever he battles next, he has to roast to make us forget about his hissy fits

dubs

Post by dubs »

Interesting. Im jus rewatchin old battles and i come across this from 2010. Caustic callin the kid out for ghostwriters in the 1st round. In the third round the kid Roosevelt had some lines about Caustic bitin bars that i think may have had some truth to it.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

^^^few people brought up that battle actually. problem is, a shitload of people have written for Roosevelt has been the rumor. ah well.....anyways.......

battles:

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

is that wiggaz name 'dotz' and does his shirt say "money"?

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

yo ardamus, have you watched this most recent smattering of battles? any ones youd recommend starting with? ive not heard of any of these people, aside from e-ness, so im trying to figure out where to start

dubs

Post by dubs »

Piff Tannen wrote:yo ardamus, have you watched this most recent smattering of battles? any ones youd recommend starting with? ive not heard of any of these people, aside from e-ness, so im trying to figure out where to start
I dont have any specifics to pick out as i havent watched this batch yet, but if i dont recognize the leagues or battlers and wanna risk 20 minutes watchin a battle, i will look for the following:

1)Black battlers
2)Black crowd

dubs

Post by dubs »

ardamus wrote:^^^few people brought up that battle actually. problem is, a shitload of people have written for Roosevelt has been the rumor. ah well.....anyways.......
It was quite ironic Caustic had a line that went something like "I wont say no names, but i know who you talk to, be careful, those ghostwriters could come back to haunt you"

edit: whoever battles Caustic next could parlay that into a diss/flip/rhymescheme.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

ardamus wrote:
:omgracist:

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Piff Tannen wrote:yo ardamus, have you watched this most recent smattering of battles? any ones youd recommend starting with? ive not heard of any of these people, aside from e-ness, so im trying to figure out where to start
start with the e-ness battle; see if dude redeemed himself from his :owens: at that DNA battle. haven't watched the others yet but i post them in case people want to watch.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

dubs

Post by dubs »

That Ness battle is wack as fuck lol. I watched the first verse from each, no mas. Its like when a DJ wont stop cuttin the same 4 seconds of a song. wtf? You shouldnt have to produce a battle video.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

lol @ Aftershock v Real Talk main event.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Moolah wrote:lol @ Aftershock v Real Talk main event.
Don't think its a main event. They're just releasing posters of the battle.
dubs wrote:That Ness battle is wack as fuck lol. I watched the first verse from each, no mas. Its like when a DJ wont stop cuttin the same 4 seconds of a song. wtf? You shouldnt have to produce a battle video.
i actually enjoyed it. reminds of the era i battled in. smart idea to edit it in that sense because you got cats like Hitman Holla that do shit like remix their lines. then you got someone like Conceited that do the slow it downs and etc. only differences are its over a beat and the video editing is there.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Shotty Horrah vs Math Hoffa :naswtf:

Is Smack not paying these dudes enough anymore or what?

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Moolah wrote:Shotty Horrah vs Math Hoffa :naswtf:

Is Smack not paying these dudes enough anymore or what?
he already battled Arsonal and he's like the Pat Stay of Don't Flop since he'll get the street rappers before anyone else will.

fak

Post by fak »

Someone get Otherwize in KOTD..

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

battles:

dubs

Post by dubs »

pat vs math was cool.

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

yea pat is fuckin dope.

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

pat's a goat jesus christ

Large Marvin

Post by Large Marvin »

DNA vs Thesaurus just got confirmed