Battle Rap Vid Thread (KOTD, URL, iBattle, etc.)

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

ardamus
O.G. Status

Re: Battle Rap Vid Thread (KOTD, URL, iBattle, etc.)

Post by ardamus »

:cheers:

"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

I really don't get how the fuck Voicebox gets to do all these events like this. And they got Hollow hosting it. Dope shit.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

battles:

other stuff:

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

God I hate Dizaster.

And Cortez. Cortez has improved a lot though and is seemingly less of a faggot.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

^^^Diz stil is on top though. :pause: Hate him some more.
Matter of fact, that battle is damn near a debatable. I think Cortez got at least the 1st round. Diz, from my first time watching it, took rounds 2 and 3.

He even bodied this interview about Tsu Surf.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Cortez, 3-0, undebateable. Diz phoned that in.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

I mean, I still felt Diz took it but that's me.

battles:

other stuff:

Mad Illz - Free Verses Vol. 1
http://maddillz.bandcamp.com/album/freeverses-vol-1

Full KOTD WD4 card. Ars vs. Diz rematch and more.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Arsonal vs Diz rematch will be disappointing most likely.
Suge vs Charron will be a reverse classic.

Young Gattas vs Bonnie Godiva should be interesting.

Rone will MURDER Real Deal.

JC will MURDER 100 Bulletz, 4-0 in a three round match.

Thun

Post by Thun »

M Ciddy vs Young Kannon was a nice joust. Both had decisive stellar rounds then the third round was a tie, imo.

ObeseJesus

Post by ObeseJesus »

Thun wrote:Arsonal vs Diz rematch will be disappointing most likely.
Suge vs Charron will be a reverse classic.
Rone will MURDER Real Deal.
JC will MURDER 100 Bulletz, 4-0 in a three round match.
Yeah, this all sounds about right.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Let's hope Arsonal vs. Dizaster happens without any interruptions this time around. Should be fun.

Doubt Rone will murder Real Deal. At best, he'll edge it 2-1. Real Deal is on his shit right now. Got him taking it 2-1.

Charron is gonna go the fuck in on Suge. He might keep it cool once he gets his pockets tapped though. :lol:

JC is pretty much undefeated so I won't lie there. Only problem with this is 100 Bulletz is at his best when he has something to prove (excluding his Dirtbag Dan battle; which no matter what the fuck you say, he was not bad in that battle, Dan wasn't gonna lose on his own home turf). And I feel like, his comeback battle in Don't Flop with TheSaurus shows that he when he's in a slump, he can comeback stronger. That's gonna be a good, no 3-0, 4-0, or whatever the fuck, IMO. Point I'm making is don't underestimate Bulletz.

Cortez will body Tycoon Tax though. That's the only body I'm sure of.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Updated my other post with Real Deal vs. Young Kannon. Which you should watch, Thun, since you think Real Deal is gonna get murdered by Rone.

Thun

Post by Thun »

So, Real Deal got sonned by Okwerdz inmediately after Rone completely annihilated Okwerdz in one of the worst 3-0 bodybags in battling history ... And Real Deal is a threat to Rone? Like, really dude?

Real Deal controlled the crowd better in the BET match with YK but that hardly seems like a bodybag or even an obvious win, regardless of how titillated the crowd was by his jokes.

In every aspect of Real Deal's repertoire - - jokes, pop culture references, sports schemes, ironic earnest white boy shtick - - Rone is significantly better and more proven over the years. Flow-wise, it's not even close.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

No Real Deal beat Okwerdz, 2-1. Wasn't a body at all. But he did beat him fair and square with no bullshit. Okwerdz did some dope shit where he changed up his style but Real Deal won. He did not get bullied. He did not get murdered. He did not get sonned. Just because Rone beat Okwerdz doesn't mean that Real Deal will lose to Rone.

Rone can flow better and makes better music, I'll give you that. But let's be honest, Real Deal has good fucking punches that rappers that flow like Rone does can't always beat. You saw what happened with that UFF shit and Young Kannon has a damn good flow. I never said it was a bodybag either, I just wanted you to watch that because you're claiming Rone will body him. Which I really doubt. I mean, shit, Rone battled Fresco, which is Real Deal's homie, and you saw how that turned out. And Freso and Real Deal are all about punches more than just the flow.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Don't get me wrong, I think Real Deal is good, he convincingly beat B-Magic with a series of haymakers that proves he's not some slouch. He was also great against Ness.

But with Rone, I just don't think Real Deal will look so great; his "I'm a straitlaced non-gangster nice guy" strategy is going to fail and backfire, imo.

I don't remember Rone vs Fresco, I'll have to review that.

Disagree with you on Real Deal vs Okwerdz. Maybe RD didn't get murdered bar for bar but by the end of that he did not look like a winner. I think it's fair to say he got sonned and that should have been the easiest match of his life.

*clarifying - I meant that Rone vs Ok was a historical 3-0 bodybag, not Ok vs RD.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Fair enough. :cheers: Yeah man, look at that battle again.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Oh shit. I totally forgot about that. Fresco killed him. Definitely Rone's worst showing.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Thun wrote:Arsonal vs Diz rematch will be disappointing most likely.
agreed but probably for different reasoning...i think expectations (mine/other people's) will be too high...i'm thinking you are just annoyed by diz at this point...i personally think any arsonal battle is a must-see...actually i'm a little tired of diz myself buti still watch his shit, bout to catch up on this cortez/diz battle but reading that he mailed it in is fucked up if true b/c he made a whole youtube vid directed towards cortez years ago and has just talked so much shit that you'd think he'd come with something special
Thun wrote:Suge vs Charron will be a reverse classic.
if you take one of those college courses in the english dept. that teaches "comedy" the first lesson is almost invariably that putting two opposites together = funny...that is why this battle is already awesome and a must-watch
Thun wrote:Young Gattas vs Bonnie Godiva should be interesting.
it was just a few pages ago that i opined that these two were the best female battlers and that they were dope period regardless...i'm super-cysed for this one, maybe it can be female battle rap's version of some kind of combination of juice vs supernatural with dumbfoundead vs tantrum
Thun wrote:Rone will MURDER Real Deal.
real deal has come kinda disappoitning his last two battles before okwerdz and young battles which i haven't seen but am about to...i can't think of his being shitty before that, and before that he was top tier, so i think this will be closer than you think, also, okwerdz-battle-notwithstanding, rone is one of these cats that manages to win battles sometimes off one fucking bar or scheme, like two rounds can be :meh: and then he says he's better at every white thing and it's a wrap
Thun wrote:JC will MURDER 100 Bulletz, 4-0 in a three round match.
and i don't really mean this but can we just retire 100 bulletz, tsu surf, loe pesci and any other dumb faggot who thinks he's a mensa-level shakespeare pulitzer motherfucker b/c you hvae to repeat and process eight bars using google to get their meaning. just rap...stop pausing or goading crowd reaction every other bar...do it once a round instead of fifteen and it'll be more effective
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

i think young kannon is mehhh and real deal got that slightly awkwardly formatted battle pretty easily imo but i don't understand what happened to his delivery. am i remembering incorrectly...i thought he was pretty versatile and polished with his flow and all the finer points of vocalism. now it's like he's trying to appeal to the url crowd by awkwardly copying a more generic (cough-dot mob-cough) setup style and maybe he will smooth it out over time but it comes off forced a little. the way he says "sumthin" and "you was..." and "who runnin wit you" annoys me.

that being said, he knows exactly what to write with the perfect references that will ensure crowd reaction. he's a smart motherfucker. it doesn't move me as much because the whole performance isn't as much of a performance as it is an open mic act who can write his ass off, and it didn't impress the crowd when he made that holiday inn express reference and all he heard was crickets

just off bars though he definitely entertains me
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

i was just thinkin baout this as i went on a youtube 'freestyle battle' binge

imagine how amazing sage francis would be in today's battle scene.

how would eyedea do today? r.i.p. interesting shit
Nets 2022

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

It is interesting but it seems like a few dudes on the scene now took, no biting, from what they did and applied it to their styles of battling. I feel like Bender is like Sage Francis in this era of battle rap. And you can tell Charron is really influenced by Eyedea. I feel like that freestyle era passed down some tricks and styles to this new era.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

damn ardy i like that soul khan track but i'm not surprised as i'm already a fan but that strangers track by rone caught me off-guard, it's pretty good
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

oh and nocando and soul khan are the two best battlers of this modern battle rap era to make music, or you know what i mean
Nets 2022

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Agreed. Marv Won, OG Hindu Kush, Dirtbag Dan, Rone, Swave Sevah, Bender, and Doc Waffles all deserve a mention. Even though Arcan's rep got tarnished, he really made some dope tracks.

battles:

other stuff:

http://www.datpiff.com/Msfit-Msfit-Pres ... 13343.html

http://www.datpiff.com/BMAGIC-Bac2biniz ... 13990.html

Hitman Holla and SMACK/URL goin' at it over the release of his battle with Conceited.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

WOW YOU WERE NOT LYING...CORTEZ REALLY BEAT DIZ
Nets 2022

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Diz jumped the shark after teh Swave Sevah battle culminating in him going full retard vs Arcane.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Deadman needs some enunciation lessons.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Moolah wrote:Deadman needs some enunciation lessons.
You must be one of the fans he dissed before then. He's gotten better with time though with his clarity. Speaking of which, I updated my battle post with that Thesaurus vs. Deadman.
Moolah wrote:Diz jumped the shark after teh Swave Sevah battle culminating in him going full retard vs Arcane.
Fuck that. Diz got more respect from me when he battled Swave. He fucked up with Arcane but that doesn't mean he jumped the shit for that long. You really did forget about that Canibus battle, didn't you? And his shit against PoRich (even though I felt Po did better, Diz was on his game).

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

i think diz still needs a battle to top his canibus one. his performance in it was top notch and as good as we've ever seen him, but his opponent was probably one of his worst opponents ever so it kinda makes it a weird reference point. especially after he tanked against arcane. his last round in that was cray tho

whens that dizaster and t-rex drop? that should be a dope battle.

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

yea, diz took a lot of bullshit euro battles that he half assed and had maybe a few strings of dope lyrics but i havent seen him drop a battle of the dna/canibus shit even po rich caliber in a min