How To Add Vocal Scratches to Beat?

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

thomasv

How To Add Vocal Scratches to Beat?

Post by thomasv »

Yo!

I want to add scratches to the beat that I made but I am not sure how is the right way to record them.. I have two turntables and a mixer.. I'm trying to do dj premier style scratching on hooks.. Thanks For you help!

-- Thomas V.

CRASH DDZ

Post by CRASH DDZ »

You would simply track your scratch in a DAW of some sort right?

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

find an acapella....and scratch it? heh. Not sure what you don't understand here...

torchETB

Post by torchETB »

How about you tell us what other equipment you have? I mean, from what we know, you can have a beat playing one one turntable, scratch on the other, connect some cables from the mixer to something that records.

If your beat's on your computer, you'd be connecting your line-out from your computer to the line-in on your mixer. Mixer plays from the main out to something that records.

Or else in multitrack software you play your beat, have some way to connect your mixer to maybe the line-in on your computer, and record scratching to a new track? Do you have an audio interface?

If you're able to make a beat and you're also able to connect a simple DJ setup, I don't really understand what it is you don't understand. The solutions should be intuitive if you've gotten as far as you have.
Galvatron78 wrote:I'm that nigga that dont even eat long french fries so that gay shit is out of the question.

thomasv

Post by thomasv »

ok i just record it straight to audacity and saved it as a wav and then put it through my daw... anybody has any tips on mixing the scratchs? (eq? effects?) or do i just leave them raw?

ZiekeFons

Post by ZiekeFons »

I always cut the lower frequencies, add some compression and a little delay or reverb..

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

ZiekeFons wrote:I always cut the lower frequencies, add some compression and a little delay or reverb..
pretty spot on... ^^

THE ADDICT

yessir

Post by THE ADDICT »

ZiekeFons wrote:I always cut the lower frequencies, add some compression and a little delay or reverb..

THE ADDICT

Post by THE ADDICT »

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

THE ADDICT wrote:HIPHOP MIX WITH CUTS ENJOY http://soundcloud.com/swaydz/theaddict-aka-swaydz
dope. real dope. thx for this.