General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Re: the Ka thread

Post by Philaflava »

Blockhead wrote:
EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:Ka is just a shitty version of roc marci
Other than the both having similar taste in beats (AKA not fans of drums) and neither of them yell when they rap, they literally rap nothing alike.
pretty much.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

exactly........ they're not alike...... ka's shittier.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:exactly........ they're not alike...... ka's shittier.
Ka's not funny. He's super serious and one of the best writers in rap right now. Roc is a funny braggadocious kinda dude. They're completely different in every way from how they write to how they approach topics and music making in general. I realize you get a lil' troll boner coming in here and shitting on Ka but what's the point? We get it. You're not a fan. We will all shed a tear for you.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Nah i actually like him. I never got a lot of attention from my parents. Have u peeped the new album?
1. Nas
2. Drake

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

here i am trying to initiate discussion. let the record show m2c is dead because of blockhead.
1. Nas
2. Drake

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:here i am trying to initiate discussion. let the record show m2c is dead because of blockhead.
exactly........ they're not alike...... ka's shittier.
Ka is just a shitty version of roc marci
great insight onto how earl has become 2nd most boring in the game (after ka)
You're mad corny, b.

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

It's pretty good, but like it the least out of the 4. I'd kinda like him to switch it up a little bit and maybe distinguish the albums from one another more. This feels like a continuation of DWYL, which isn't a bad thing at all, but kinda wish the albums separated themselves from one another a bit more. Overall, real good though. 'That Cold and Lonely' is probably the best.

What's really great about his run though is that it's been consecutive year after year. I forget what time of year GP dropped, but Knights Gambit, 1200 BC, DWYL, & HKTS all came out at the end of the summer, year after year. Not free mixtapes, but legit albums, aside from 1200 BC. Overall, he's one of the best out right now.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Cormega and Ka killed that sample. I like Cold & Lonely the best too.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Versive wrote: Yeah, I was going to say Marciano too. But I don't know that Pimpire and Marci Beaucoup will be perceived as borderline classics in the way that all the DOOM and Ka projects from their respective runs are. Then again, I'd probably take Pimpire over Night's Gambit.

Spekt is in his own lane really. Shit drops sporadically years after being announced; there's a classic EP that he purposely took down from the Internet with no intention of re-posting; his latest is one of the best albums of the year, but on the day of its release he also dropped an unmixed collaboration with a DOOM associate who sounds drunk on every track. It's a different discussion altogether.

What's this classic EP you speak of?

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

30 Keys is probably better than anything on the album also. Still dope though,

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

http://www.thefader.com/2016/10/04/ka-i ... -york-post" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Great read right there.

Versive

Post by Versive »

Tired & Broke wrote:
Versive wrote: Yeah, I was going to say Marciano too. But I don't know that Pimpire and Marci Beaucoup will be perceived as borderline classics in the way that all the DOOM and Ka projects from their respective runs are. Then again, I'd probably take Pimpire over Night's Gambit.

Spekt is in his own lane really. Shit drops sporadically years after being announced; there's a classic EP that he purposely took down from the Internet with no intention of re-posting; his latest is one of the best albums of the year, but on the day of its release he also dropped an unmixed collaboration with a DOOM associate who sounds drunk on every track. It's a different discussion altogether.

What's this classic EP you speak of?
Broken Mazes. Somebody asks for it over every time the Spekt thread gets bumped.

Money Daniels

Post by Money Daniels »

That person is me. Please, somebody, link me!!!

Versive

Post by Versive »

Money Daniels wrote:That person is me. Please, somebody, link me!!!
:lol: it's a fucking CLASSIC, bro!

Money Daniels

Post by Money Daniels »

Versive wrote:
Money Daniels wrote:That person is me. Please, somebody, link me!!!
:lol: it's a fucking CLASSIC, bro!
I've heard it. I just want to hear it again.

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

^ real good

Moss

Post by Moss »

Good things coming...

https://twitter.com/brownsvilleka/statu ... 16033?s=21" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

yep yep

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

Moss wrote:Good things coming...

https://twitter.com/brownsvilleka/statu ... 16033?s=21" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There we go.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

He should change his name to Kautism. Grief Pedigree does not age well; nothing else he's done is spectacular either. Wildly overrated.

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

Album apparently is out 8/18.

Clean Hobo

Post by Clean Hobo »

Employee wrote:He should change his name to Kautism. Grief Pedigree does not age well; nothing else he's done is spectacular either. Wildly overrated.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Employee wrote:He should change his name to Kautism. Grief Pedigree does not age well; nothing else he's done is spectacular either. Wildly overrated.
Agreed on Grief Pedigree not aging particularly well. These days I need to really be in the mood to listen to a Ka song. If his shit comes on in shuffle on my phone I'm usually like "ehhhh do I really wanna listen to this right now"?

Y@k Bollox

Post by Y@k Bollox »

Yeah, I don't think he's someone whose music works on shuffle. You have to listen to the album in it's entirety and be in the mood for it, but that's what I like about him. I'll be copping this new album as soon as it drops and know it'll be good/

And LOL at Employee calling him "wildly overrated". Just can't turn the radio on these days without hearing Ka. :retard:

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Is your brain wooden like your dirty British teeth?

When the effword did "wildly overrated" become synonymous with "GETZ PLAY AWN DAH RAYDEOH LYKE TAYLAH SWIFHTZ"?

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
Agreed on Grief Pedigree not aging particularly well. These days I need to really be in the mood to listen to a Ka song. If his shit comes on in shuffle on my phone I'm usually like "ehhhh do I really wanna listen to this right now"?
His aesthetic is commendable to a certain degree, but to quote Doseone: "It's not bad rap, I just don't feel it; there, I said it."

J_Preme

Post by J_Preme »

Ka dope ... if anyone not feelin' his vibe just move on to the next wave of talent ... its that simple .. i never really understood a person who's views are "ehhhh..." Personally for me, If its wack, im not wasting keyboard characters to showcase that .. i just move on...

Clean Hobo

Post by Clean Hobo »

J_Preme wrote:Ka dope ... if anyone not feelin' his vibe just move on to the next wave of talent ... its that simple .. i never really understood a person who's views are "ehhhh..." Personally for me, If its wack, im not wasting keyboard characters to showcase that .. i just move on...
But that’s because you suck lots of dickz.