Joe Budden's EP will ft/ Slug, Elzhi, Big KRIT, Z-Ro, Blu

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Magneto

Joe Budden's EP will ft/ Slug, Elzhi, Big KRIT, Z-Ro, Blu

Post by Magneto »

And Lamar Kendrick. An Budden/Slug collabo is so random...but

I'm sure this is gonna be another great piece of music. I just want him to further distance himself from Slaughterhouse, cause he makes far better music without them..
"I spit that thug shit nigga, MOTHERFUCK singing"

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

:sluggo: can you elaborate on how this collabo happened?

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Philaflava wrote::sluggo: can you elaborate on how this collabo happened?
Twitter is powerful.

He just hit up @atmosphere (Slug) on Twitter saying he wanted a verse from Slug for his new project. And there you go.

I'm most looking forward to the Z-Ro/Budden track. Someone will commit suicide to that track I'm certain.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Re: Joe Budden's EP will ft/ Slug, Elzhi, Big KRIT, Z-Ro, Bl

Post by Philaflava »

Magneto wrote: I just want him to further distance himself from Slaughterhouse, cause he makes far better music without them..
I agree. Slaughterhouse hasn't helped anyone IMO. Ortiz had some serious buzz years ago and now he's just a chubbier BK version of Immortal Technique.

Royce has been absolutely horrible for the longest time. Honestly, I think it's the whole Shady conglomerate. What rapper is better post Shady?
Last edited by Philaflava on Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Req

Post by Req »

Magneto wrote: cause he makes far better music without them..
agreed, he's at his best when he's doing that Ordinary Love Shit type of stuff.
F.U. MOOLAH

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Philaflava wrote:
Magneto wrote: I just want him to further distance himself from Slaughterhouse, cause he makes far better music without them..
I agree. Slaughterhouse hasn't helped anyone IMO. Ortiz had some serious buzz years ago and now he's just a chubbier BK version of Immortal Technique.

Royce has been absolutely horrible for the longest time. Honestly, I think it's the whole Shady conglomerate. What rapper is better post Shady?
Agreed. Crooked I, just been spitting the same verse for 5 years now. Technically will always be good, but is boring now

Royce is the worst he's ever been lyrically

Joell is still good, but his career is on a treadmill

I'm just waiting for the SH LP to drop next year, which will probably feature Eminem on the first single. Get their little 100,000 album sales and be done with the whole thing.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Magneto wrote:
Philaflava wrote::sluggo: can you elaborate on how this collabo happened?
Twitter is powerful.

He just hit up @atmosphere (Slug) on Twitter saying he wanted a verse from Slug for his new project. And there you go.
Unless Joe asked one of his boys who should he holla at, I'm sure there is a story. Maybe Joe caught Slug at a show or bought the new album. Something had to go down via the DM. If Slug can elaborate cool, otherwise we can just speculate. It seems like Joe is trying to get as many artists possible that can expose him to all bases. Tech N9ne, Big Krit, Phonte, Slug, Blu, Elzhi...

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Royce is garbage

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Escobar305 wrote:Royce is garbage
Hyperbole.

step one

Post by step one »

Escobar305 wrote:Royce is garbage
Royce >> Lloyd Banks
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Royce is pretty god damn awful now

step one

Post by step one »

Magneto wrote:Royce is pretty god damn awful now
Havent heard anything he's done for ages but if your put his 5 best tracks up against Banks' he's alot better.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

step one wrote:
Magneto wrote:Royce is pretty god damn awful now
Havent heard anything he's done for ages but if your put his 5 best tracks up against Banks' he's alot better.
I definitely agree with that, I'm not a big Banks fan. He's aight. Royce used to be dope, but he fell of something dramatic the last few years.

Req

Post by Req »

lol, that Slaughterhouse shit was kryptonite. Instead of getting better every member got significantly worse.
F.U. MOOLAH

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Royce is head and shoulders above most cats in his league. His verses are fucking retarded dope. Motherfucker needs some real beats.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Magneto wrote: Twitter is powerful.

Budden must be in serious need of purchases/downloads.
Magneto wrote:I'm most looking forward to the Z-Ro/Budden track. Someone will commit suicide to that track I'm certain.
It will be a white poster from Texas or Colorado. I'm leaning (nh) toward Colorado at the moment.

Haitian Jack

Post by Haitian Jack »

Employee wrote:Royce is head and shoulders above most cats in his league. His verses are fucking retarded dope. Motherfucker needs some real beats.
royce sucks

chump change
The Mayor

Post by chump change »

he hollered @ zro via twitter to geta verse... wish him luck gettin cleared

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

lmfao banks shits all over royce right now wtf

Dap

Post by Dap »

Escobar305 wrote:lmfao banks shits all over royce right now wtf

this. royce has been garbage for years now. flow on point, lyrics GARBAGE.

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

Saw Budden was hollering at Brother Ali on twitter. Ali's done shit with Joell, so it's not a stretch that there's a connection. Plus, pretty much every rapper nowadays knows every other fucking rapper.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Employee wrote:Royce is head and shoulders above most cats in his league. His verses are fucking retarded dope. Motherfucker needs some real beats.
bro-sign.

lyrically, Royce is rapping circles around most of these street hop major label mofos. Just needs to make more appealing songs... organically, not forcing it like he used to.

Slaughterhouse is still the best verse-spitting group around, no matter what.

who's better? I know the Shady/Interscope influence is fucking shit up in a weird way but cmon now, it's not like The Firm or nothin

they need to take Joe Budddens out and put Pharoahe Monch in is what the NEED to do :ironmike:

or Redman :gyeah:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Req

Post by Req »

Mindbender Futurama wrote: who's better? I know the Shady/Interscope influence is fucking shit up in a weird way but cmon now, it's not like The Firm or nothin
you're right, it's not.

The Firm made some good songs and a, while disappointing, at least listenable album.
F.U. MOOLAH

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

Z-Ro Budden collabo is pretty weird....

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Royce pretty much worked his ass off and deserves the fame he has now. Stayed on his game and bodied the shit out of the Bad Meets Evil album. Agree about the production part. He needs to stick with DJ Khalil, DJ Premier, and Black Milk.

Its not too much of a surprise Buddens wants to collaboration with :sluggo:.
From some of the style of writing he has, it was only a matter of time.
Last edited by ardamus on Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

For example, this song got some shit that reminds somewhat of what Slug would write to an extent.

<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Re_topFVqSU?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Re_topFVqSU?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Speaking of the homie on some features......
<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j3wIv2MvPqI?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j3wIv2MvPqI?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I gotta agree though that ZRO collab is odd; might be interesting like the Big KRIT one as well. Everyone else pretty makes sense if Elzhi had been working with Royce a lot, that was bound to happen.
Dap wrote:
Escobar305 wrote:lmfao banks shits all over royce right now wtf

this. royce has been garbage for years now. flow on point, lyrics GARBAGE.
Who gives a fuck? This thread wasn't even about Banks. Oh wait I forgot, Esco brought him up. No wonder......
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

The Z-Ro/Budden seems to make the most sense, they both make depressing ass music.

iCONtheMicKing

Post by iCONtheMicKing »

Slug and Joseph will be a dope collab. Wonder what common ground they will decide to speak about.

Elzhi and Joseph might be good too. Budden will pull out the ammo for that.
Internet Rapper - http://ipullrank.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Frankest

Post by The Frankest »

Wtf, people turning on Slaughterhouse now? :roll: Guess it was only a matter of time but damn...

SHAAAADYYYYYY!!! *in my own voice similar to Ja Rule's*

BARRY LURKIN

Post by BARRY LURKIN »

THIS WHERE BARRY ADMIT HE WERE ONCE SOMETHING O A BUDDENS STAN. REACHED PEAK AROUND LATE '07 WI MOOD MUZIK 3.

THEN, 'JBTV' AN A SLEW O GASSY SONGS O FORCED SINCERITY. BIG WORDS WRONG. CORNER-CUTTING BEATS. PO-FACED.

(WOMEN BEATING ACCUSATIONS).

COULDN'T EVEN BE STUFFED DL'ING BLOKE NOW.

AT LEAST ROYCE AIN A DAGGY CUNT.