Roc Marciano thread

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

gusty wingers

Re: Roc Marciano thread

Post by gusty wingers »

huge roc fan since marcberg and the un. can't get into this one at all and the second i started liking richard gear that behind the zipper line made me cringe. hard pass. benny that wave now.
Bury me with the Sergio Tacchini on

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

Looks as though Mic Raw from the UN passed away. Not sure if from Corona or not. RIP regardless.

aeokq

Post by aeokq »

RIP. I don't know about classic, but that UN Or U Out album is borderline at the very least. Golden Grail is one of my favorite tracks ever, Roc made a killer beat and spit a retarded verse.

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

Huge Roc fan but still yet to hear this. Only know this one gem that leaked a few years ago and came out with bonus edition.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

damn that sucks. RIP Mic Raw. Love that UN lp.

aeokq

Post by aeokq »

I got to meet Roc a few months ago at a show in LA. Definitely a rap nerd moment. He's my favorite MC and hip hop artist ever, so it was cool to chop it up for a couple of minutes. I've seen him live three times, and he kills it every time.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

^^ personally know roc's tour guy and you have never seen him live, you're just lying

aeokq

Post by aeokq »

gusty wingers wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:11 am
^^ personally know roc's tour guy and you have never seen him live, you're just lying
Why would I be lying? It was at Catch One on 12/21, DJ Rhettmatic was his DJ. Elzhi came on stage and performed Breguets. Ask your tour guy buddy if that is accurate. First time was a Ghostface/Killah Priest show in DTLA. Second one was some random shady club in Boyle Heights, I took shots of whiskey with Big Twins.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

8/26

dubs

Post by dubs »

The elephants man bones might be the best album released in last few few years. Periodt.
Employee wrote:dubs being the West Coast's ric, his thug is bonafide and justified.

ogie

Post by ogie »

just listened to marciology and thought about this place. it's a banger.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

It slowly feels like the attention is shifting to Steve now more than Roc.

aeokq

Post by aeokq »

Steve God Cooks? Nah. That Reasonable Drought album was cool, but it wasn't all that, and that was only because of Roc's production. That album was in 2020. What has he done since then? He is not a remarkable rapper imo. Not feeling his voice, flow, or lyrics that much.

The new Roc album was okay. There are some really good songs, some whatever songs, and some not so good songs. Production is a bit too avant-garde. I like how Roc pushes the envelope, but sometimes it just isn't hitting. I give the album 7/10, and that is perhaps a bit generous. He is still one of the GOATs and reps that raw east coast shit better than anyone.