murder paragraphs is crazy

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Re: Roc Marciano thread

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

Another classic coming.

DLG

Post by DLG »

http://2dopeboyz.com/2016/11/15/gensu-d ... -marciano/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

DLG wrote:murder paragraphs is crazy
YES

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

http://2dopeboyz.com/2016/11/13/therman ... -marciano/

One more.

Don't know if he can do it again the way he came with Reloaded after Marcberg and Pimpire after Reloaded but everything he's put out over the lat 3 months has been dope.

DJCommunist

Post by DJCommunist »

I like this Therman Munsin dude, Roc produced this for him too 3 months ago:
https://soundcloud.com/thermanmunsin/carberator" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That Gensu Dean joint is great, same with the Diamond D track off that project

hessbz12

Post by hessbz12 »

Now that the site is back up, can we discuss this. Supposed to drop this week. Who knows if it will.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I am happy to see limited guest spots other than the obligatory ones. I have high hopes for this one.

Versive

Post by Versive »

It dropped last night. Digital only for now.
http://www.longislandrap.com/2017/02/ro ... art-1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I'll wait for the physical copy. Not spending $20 on a mp3 download. FOH.

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

The first beat in that video is fuckin dope... Arch Druids production!

And it's funny, in the Fat Beats mailer I got last night (they send one out every Friday night) it mentioned Roc Marciano, but it didn't actually show anything when you scrolled down. *shrugs*

And I just did a Google search and yeah, seems Fat Beats put up the 2xLP and said it was "In Stock and Ready To Ship" for $22.99 and then took it down. Lame. I'm glad Roc got the Vinyl pressed already though. Maybe he's gonna have the Vinyl available when he makes the digital version available everywhere else? Supposedly there's gonna be CD copies as well...

:marci:

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Philaflava wrote:I'll wait for the physical copy. Not spending $20 on a mp3 download. FOH.
Yup. Anyone who spends that is a FUCKIN MORON!!! I have never spent a dime on a fuckin mp3 in my life and I never will. FUCK THAT!!!

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

If it was on iTunes and reasonable, I would have dropped about $10 just to not have to hassle with finding a site that isnt infecting my PC with aids and malware, but I am buying this on physical regardless. Still, it's kinda greedy AF of them to charge $20 for the download now when the CD and vinyl will be about the same at Fat Beats.

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Philaflava wrote:If it was on iTunes and reasonable, I would have dropped about $10 just to not have to hassle with finding a site that isnt infecting my PC with aids and malware, but I am buying this on physical regardless. Still, it's kinda greedy AF of them to charge $20 for the download now when the CD and vinyl will be about the same at Fat Beats.
It's probably a big joke to them... see how many fuckin suckers are out there. Guaranteed there's a ton of fuckin suckers.

And why even spend money at all on an mp3 album when you know HHB will have it up within the next day or so? I only spend money on physical product. *shrugs*

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

:ethief: '17 on and poppin.

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

20.00 for MP3 is like being a vinyl dweeb and paying 39.99

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

madstadik wrote:20.00 for MP3 is like being a vinyl dweeb and paying 39.99
Sure, but at least it's actually something you can hold unlike some gay ass mp3's. C'mon, son.

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

Hey i cop vinyl. Its just not my medium of choice. Usually I prefer CD. Reasonably priced. Tangible object but i do a lot of listening in my car and streaming is wack so ill encode my shit to mp3. I just cant see spending twice or 3x's the price on vinyl if the release is available on cd if it isnt then yeah vinyl

Versive

Post by Versive »

I had $15 in my paypal from selling a used Queen LP on discogs, so I saw it as dropping $5.
I hear the complaint, but having listened twice now, I'm of the opinion that it would be well worth $20 for mp3s plus another $20 for vinyl. It's that dope.

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Versive wrote:I had $15 in my paypal from selling a used Queen LP on discogs, so I saw it as dropping $5.
I hear the complaint, but having listened twice now, I'm of the opinion that it would be well worth $20 for mp3s plus another $20 for vinyl. It's that dope.
I doubt it's that dope cuz guaranteed half the album has no drums like that overrated RELOADED album everyone praises. Having no drums is just gay to me... zero interest in those types of songs aside from one here & there.

And madstadik, that's cool you prefer cd's. For me it's vinyl #1 and cd's #2. I have around 30k vinyls in my collection and around 3k cd's.

Versive

Post by Versive »

You're fucking retarded and incorrect, as usual

SpecialAFFEX

Post by SpecialAFFEX »

WiCkEd22 wrote: I doubt it's that dope cuz guaranteed half the album has no drums like that overrated RELOADED album everyone praises. Having no drums is just gay to me... zero interest in those types of songs aside from one here & there.

Please, PLEASE name 3 tracks on Reloaded that have 'no drums'?? I'll wait.

Reloaded is a fucking masterpiece.

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

SpecialAFFEX wrote:
WiCkEd22 wrote: I doubt it's that dope cuz guaranteed half the album has no drums like that overrated RELOADED album everyone praises. Having no drums is just gay to me... zero interest in those types of songs aside from one here & there.
Please, PLEASE name 3 tracks on Reloaded that have 'no drums'?? I'll wait.

Reloaded is a fucking masterpiece.
DEEPER, DEATH PARADE, 20 GUNS

And yeah other tracks have LIGHT DRUMS which is just as gay to me.

The only songs on that album I fuck with are Emeralds (banger!!) and 76.

Anyways, off my first listen of Rosebudd's Revenge, this is better then Reloaded. *shrugs*

Can't really say what my favorite joints are, but my favorite beat is Track 2 "Rosebudd's Revenge" produced by Don Chalant of Arch Druids.

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Versive wrote:You're fucking retarded and incorrect, as usual
NOPE!

Versive

Post by Versive »

*better THAN
u stoopid

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

on first listen is solid m but not better than marcberg or reloaded

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

That's where I'm at too. I love the album and I really don't want to disparage it at all, but it's tough to live up to his prior two. If I could point to anything in particular that's lacking, Roc's beat's are mediocre for the most part. They help help define the albums 70's pimp/soul sound along with the vocal samples, but I've found that almost all of my early favorites weren't produced by Roc.

The early standouts to me are "Rosebudd's Revenge", "No Smoke", "Gunsense", "Burkina Faso", and "Marksmen"

Move Free

Post by Move Free »

Mod edit: Don't post links to new releases here, thanks.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

On the first listen, I can tell the production will be the biggest gripe for me. I prefer listening to Roc than any other rapper doing this shit. His voice is just more appealing than say WSG, Conway or anyone doing this kinda style (I use that term loosely). The difference is, those cats I mentioned have a dope ear for beats and have no problem working with others. Roc seems to keep to himself. His first album was his best and he handled all of the production. The 2nd album, production was almost equally as great with cuts like Death Parade, We Ill, Deeper but you also had help from ALC, Q-Tip, Ray West and a few others. I was not a fan of Marci Beaucoup and now this seems kinda uninspired. Not much digging here. It’s almost too simplistic for me.

I got no probs with the rhymes, but I wish the beats came rougher.

DLG

Post by DLG »

no complaints here. rapping and beats are still immaculate and quality control is disturbingly consistent.