Little Brother (Phonte & Rapper Big Pooh) Interview

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Little Brother (Phonte & Rapper Big Pooh) Interview

Post by Philaflava »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQQop35erBU

Every once in a while, an interview turns more into a conversation amongst rap dudes. We anticipated having Rapper Big Pooh and Phonte for just 45 minutes, so when I tell you the interview lasted 2 hours and 30 minutes, it tells you just how funny and relatable these guys are to talk to.

We covered an awful lot, yet it wasn't nearly enough once it was over. We discuss the May the Lord Watch documentary, their love for Beck or Bjork and their hate for Sci-Fi and its magical white people. We touch on their ridiculous stretch of music that ultimately burnt them out.

We get into the brilliance of Curb Your Enthusiasm, Ice Cube's Death Certificate, which is better Low End Theory or Midnight Marauders, and Dominican broads making chili con queso.

We also talk Ghostface, Murs, Common, The Roots, Evidence, Kendrick Lamar and their affection for Outkast.

I saw a great quote the other day and it said, "If Wu-Tang is for the kids, Little Brother is for the ones that raise them."

Thanks to Rapper Big Pooh, Phonte, Andre Barnes and our longtime homie, I.D. for the idea. Stay tuned as we prepare to drop our Little Brother tribute in early March.

Enjoy the discussion.

chump change
The Mayor

Re: Little Brother (Phonte & Rapper Big Pooh) Interview

Post by chump change »

:shit: :shit: :shit: