Ardaplus (Ardamus + Double Plus)

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

ardamus
O.G. Status

Ardaplus (Ardamus + Double Plus)

Post by ardamus »

Expecting quite a bit you guys to like it and hate it on some 50/50 shit. I had this project completed in 2009 but fate with life changes and etc. held this project up from being released. Experimental black white rap stuff not made for the swagga-rific tight jean hipster trap-hop cocksuckers. White people that know how black people should be....please do not listen to this album. Black people that wanna join The Money Team.....do not listen to this album. Free download (wow, thats so amazing, isn't it?). Enjoy......

http://ardamus.bandcamp.com/album/a-fis ... -plutonium
To Be A Bomb [prod. by The Metaphysical] 04:1
Penultimate Party People [prod. by The Metaphysical] 02:06
OBR [prod. by Mind-U-Mental] 02:52
Broke Beat (original mix) [prod. by The Meaphysical] 04:20
Binary [prod. by Mind-U-Mental] 03:53
Fireworks [prod. by The Metaphysical] 03:37
Gasoline Tears [prod. by Absombrir] 03:17
Powerlunching [prod. by Doug The Dagger] 04:38
Perfect Day [prod. by Doug The Dagger] 02:51
Last edited by ardamus on Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

why is the thread title Ardamus (Ardamus + Double Plus). shouldn't it be ardaplus? NITPICKING

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

odium-LSC wrote:why is the thread title Ardamus (Ardamus + Double Plus). shouldn't it be ardaplus? NITPICKING
Duo shit. Just to clarify. :lol:

Thun

Post by Thun »

I will check this, as I think you are musically gifted despite your personal deficiencies.

Plus it sounds racially mixed, yo.

ILL SEER

Post by ILL SEER »

LOL at the caveats

Will download when im at the laptop, looks fresh

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

listening now, sounds good so far ardy :)

Thun

Post by Thun »

Yeah, listened to a few tracks and I like how it sounds thus far.

Eyedea

Post by Eyedea »

awesome, will peep...btw, where's the stuff you were doing with some other producer...you had a video out last year, loyalty or something like that? =))

Combo7

Re: Ardamus (Ardamus + Double Plus)

Post by Combo7 »

ardamus wrote:Expecting quite a bit you guys to like it and hate it on some 50/50 shit.

:ardy:

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Combo7 wrote:
ardamus wrote:Expecting quite a bit you guys to like it and hate it on some :ardy: shit.

Fixed it only because I came in here with the sole intention of making that joke.

Sally forth

PEACE

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

Downloading now, looking forward to hearing it!
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Thanks to everyone who listened and checked it out.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Eyedea wrote:awesome, will peep...btw, where's the stuff you were doing with some other producer...you had a video out last year, loyalty or something like that? =))
That album is done and will be out by the end of the year. Me and C Royal got the 3 single deal on the same label that is pushing Joey Beats & Blak so we're trying to get that promotion for that out of the way. Thanks for asking. Trying to get a video for at least one of those singles done soon.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

ardamus wrote:Expecting quite a bit you guys to like it and hate it on some 50/50 shit. I had this project completed in 2009 but fate with life changes and etc. held this project up from being released. Experimental black white rap stuff not made for the swagga-rific tight jean hipster trap-hop cocksuckers. White people that know how black people should be....please do not listen to this album. Black people that wanna join The Money Team.....do not listen to this album. Free download (wow, thats so amazing, isn't it?). Enjoy......

http://ardamus.bandcamp.com/album/a-fis ... -plutonium
To Be A Bomb [prod. by The Metaphysical] 04:1
Penultimate Party People [prod. by The Metaphysical] 02:06
OBR [prod. by Mind-U-Mental] 02:52
Broke Beat (original mix) [prod. by The Meaphysical] 04:20
Binary [prod. by Mind-U-Mental] 03:53
Fireworks [prod. by The Metaphysical] 03:37
Gasoline Tears [prod. by Absombrir] 03:17
Powerlunching [prod. by Doug The Dagger] 04:38
Perfect Day [prod. by Doug The Dagger] 02:51
:cheers: :lol:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

will definitely be checking this out

CRASH DDZ

Post by CRASH DDZ »

Dlin'

ILL SEER

Post by ILL SEER »

Love the mad experimentAl vibe. u got some lyrics bredrin niceone

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

ILL SEER wrote:Love the mad experimentAl vibe. u got some lyrics bredrin niceone
Thanks man.

I should give some background info. on this.

:didntread: in advance

Double Plus would run into me at these cyphers off U Street and at the time, we were connected with a bunch of groups that eventually became Food Chain Collective (Rosetta Stoned, Flex Mathews, Educated Consumers, Math Panda, etc). I didn't have a studio at the time so Plus was like "get up with Metaphysical" since they had a spot out in Clarendon, VA to record at (where there were also some cyphers when Capital City Records shut down). At the same time, since folks around us were forming groups, we vibed on the shit we would both say so he suggested we do this project. So, the Penultimate Party People and Fireworks tracks were like the first ones we did. Plus would link up with muthafuckas who were on that whole RJD2/Def Jux sound which I was a fan of and figured it would be good for my catalogue to have something more diverse. Furthermore, I was working on my solo album, the album with Metaphysical, and the Ardaplus project damn near all at the same time.

Little details of the project trip me out when I hear it. I wrote my Penultimate Party People verse once and never re-did it. Plus re-did that damn thing like 3 times I want to say. There were like 5 or 6 remixes for Broke Beat which included some from Cubbiebear, Absombrir, Doug The Dagger, and Metaphysical. The drums for Powerlunching were actually re-done again but we lost that version; funny its about hating your job because at the time, we both liked our jobs and once we stopped performing the song as much, we hated our jobs. Fireworks was originally a song I was going to do with Lady Maroo from Math Panda but Plus jacked the beat and made it some other shit when I wasn't in the studio one day :lol:. I was pissed but the song came out good once we did it. I had to convince Plus to do a song called Perfect Day because he would be in the foulest moods and thats part of why his verse comes in the way it does. To Be A Bomb was a track I originally was not going to rap over but Plus pushed the idea of the song when I heard roughs of it. So, I started working on my ideas for it; unorthodox in context but I like it from ewhat we were trying to convey. OBR was supposed to have a video but that fell through for some reason. Binary was one of the last songs we did which were supposed to have additional shit on it from DJ Cam One but the scratches were lost when the studio went down. Gasoline Tears was an idea Plus had for making things worse about not doing anything to resolve a situation.

The other songs that aren't on here will come out on a different EP. Hopefully some time next year. Thanks again everyone. Hope you enjoy it.

CSB

avianpattern

Post by avianpattern »

met doubleplus at a show at 930 years back, I think it was an el-p show. Real cool dude.

DLing now, thanks ardy

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

avianpattern wrote:met doubleplus at a show at 930 years back, I think it was an el-p show. Real cool dude.

DLing now, thanks ardy
Plus is a cool dude. We had big ideas for the whole project that never came to light. But at least we had the drive to get some things done in the midst of it all. He changed his name to Slurgeon and works on making beats more often now. And he moved to Oregon. We're still in contact though.

Hope you guys like it. Peace.

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

I really enjoyed this. Gave it a first listen today, and it's one of those projects where each track is better than the last. Well done.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Thanks Chaz. I've got one post on a blog site so far and I'm trying to hit up a few more. Good feedback on it so far.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Some hits from the blogosphere.

http://dcmumbosauce.com/2011/10/13/arda ... more-18589

http://slingtheory.com/post/11188799455 ... -plutonium

And shoutouts to ape9 for re-posting it on his FB page. Appreciate that, homie.

zombie

Post by zombie »

ardamus wrote:Expecting quite a bit you guys to like it and hate it on some 50/50 shit. I had this project completed in 2009 but fate with life changes and etc. held this project up from being released. Experimental black white rap stuff not made for the swagga-rific tight jean hipster trap-hop cocksuckers. White people that know how black people should be....please do not listen to this album. Black people that wanna join The Money Team.....do not listen to this album. Free download (wow, thats so amazing, isn't it?). Enjoy......
You sound bitter as hell, bro.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Shoutouts from the homie JUDAH on posting this on his blog. If anyone knows of any other blogs that would be interested in posting this, let me know. Peace.

http://www.forthedmvonly.com/2011/10/ar ... ul-of.html

vinylpops

Post by vinylpops »

Shouldn't you be sending it to those sites?

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

vinylpops wrote:Shouldn't you be sending it to those sites?
idk, targeting certain interested sites directly seems to often work better than just blind emailing. You know what a tragic mess a blog submissions inbox could be, and you know how much of that goes straight to trash.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

drizzle wrote:
vinylpops wrote:Shouldn't you be sending it to those sites?
idk, targeting certain interested sites directly seems to often work better than just blind emailing. You know what a tragic mess a blog submissions inbox could be, and you know how much of that goes straight to trash.
yeah, these sites, i am familiar with. i hit them up directly and they picked it up. hope you guys like the project though. just to even get this shit out online was a pain in the ass.

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

Gonna peep. :cheers:

oracle21

Post by oracle21 »

great project man. you are constantly improving and staying active. you are better than 99 percent of those dudes who have comments but sit their lazy asses at home and dont work towards something better. in other words they CANT do shit lol. just keep striving man. you will reach you apex soon enough(eff school reunions haha)