Great Songs by Shitty Rappers / Rappers You Hate

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Blockhead wrote:No dude, I'm referring to the fact that you think he's a shitty rapper. The amount of attention you've paid him over the years (both here and on your blog) would tell a completely different story. I don't feel like doing a search but I feel like I've seen you give him props on here countless times.
I'll assume you were kidding? Shit's confusing gawd.
I like a lot of his past shit if I'm not paying attention. The second I dig into what the fuck he's babbling about, I become disinterested.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

^He really should make more beats. I listen to the Felt 3 instrumentals on a regular basis.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Blockhead wrote:
You're still a sole fan, right?
http://bit.ly/qgChLl

Hair of the Dog

Post by Hair of the Dog »

Employee wrote:
Blockhead wrote:No dude, I'm referring to the fact that you think he's a shitty rapper. The amount of attention you've paid him over the years (both here and on your blog) would tell a completely different story. I don't feel like doing a search but I feel like I've seen you give him props on here countless times.
I like a lot of his past shit if I'm not paying attention. The second I dig into what the fuck he's babbling about, I become disinterested.
I thought None Shall Pass was at least more comprehensible than the majority of his past work. Not only that, be he sounded better than ever when doing so. He clearly has the ability to make sense, and make good music in the process as seen by his story-telling tracks (The Harbor is Yours, No Regrets).

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Hair of the Dog wrote:
Employee wrote:
I thought None Shall Pass was at least more comprehensible than the majority of his past work. Not only that, be he sounded better than ever when doing so. He clearly has the ability to make sense, and make good music in the process as seen by his story-telling tracks (The Harbor is Yours, No Regrets).
I've only heard the title track off that which was admittedly a good listen. I should peep it.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

I still spend countless hours at night debating the sonic qualites of Sole's "Year ov da Sexx symbol" vs Aesop Rock's "Daylight"

niggas in paris
UBM CD COMING SOON

Hair of the Dog

Post by Hair of the Dog »

Employee wrote:
Hair of the Dog wrote:
Employee wrote:
I've only heard the title track off that which was admittedly a good listen. I should peep it.
Word, my fave Aesop album. His lyrics were more accessible (still some songs more than others), he varied his flow more, and the beats knock for the most part.....props to Blockhead, I still preferred his production on that album to Aesop's himself but Aesop had definitely improved from his past work imo.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:I still spend countless hours at night debating the sonic qualites of Sole's "Year ov da Sexx symbol" vs Aesop Rock's "Daylight"

niggas in pairs
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

The Ivy League Nigga

Post by The Ivy League Nigga »

Good thread...

But I was wondering more about universally recognized shitty rappers. I mean I really don't like Common at all, but would never go so far as to say he was shitty or I absolutely hate him. So not just rappers you don't care for, but who are those truly shitty rappers who somehow made a great song...

Has Nelly ever put out a truly important song? Did Baby Bash stumble into something profound? Has Bow Wow made a track that should be considered for song of the year? Did Smilez and Southstar have a gem that went unnoticed? Has Lil Romeo managed to squeeze out a good song as an adult?

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

The Ivy League Nigga wrote:Has Nelly ever put out a truly important song?
Hot In Herre and Country Grammar are both classic '00s pop rap and better than the combined careers of Joe Budden and El-P.

step one

Post by step one »

I Drive A Lexus wrote:
Hot In Herre and Country Grammar are both classic '00s pop rap and better than the combined careers of Joe Budden and El-P.
they are but I fucking loathe Hot In Herre, mainly due to being subjected to it far to much when it dropped (Im talking probably a 3 times a day minimum for 1 year between hearing at my job, on TV and when I was out in Tha Clubz)

Substitute it with Ride Wit Me and I'd agree. Dilemma is horrific though.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

RoKnew wrote:
shakeanjake wrote:I have no defense. I really like this song. I know, I know.
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cBe-i9tfNfU?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cBe-i9tfNfU?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
This song is dope, they had another one I kinda liked that sampled Willy Wonka..."I don't like the look of it"
:cheers: to BOTH songs.

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uZYce-dURmI?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uZYce-dURmI?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Rob Banks

Post by Rob Banks »

How about Charli Baltimore- "Everybody Wanna Know" and "Stand Up" with Ghostface. Is she a shitty enough rapper?
I like Philly basketball, Boston baseball, and New York rap.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Rob Banks wrote:How about Charli Baltimore- "Everybody Wanna Know" and "Stand Up" with Ghostface. Is she a shitty enough rapper?
She was. She's better than 2/3 of the artists mentioned on the front page of this forum, though. So it's all relative.

CRASH DDZ

Post by CRASH DDZ »

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kzUHN28sPMs?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kzUHN28sPMs?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I think it's the bed squeak beat more than anything else.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Rob Banks wrote:How about Charli Baltimore- "Everybody Wanna Know" and "Stand Up" with Ghostface. Is she a shitty enough rapper?
Also, "Feel It".

BARRY LURKIN

Post by BARRY LURKIN »

SOLE IS A DUMB CUNT, PLAIN AN SIMPLE.

shakeanjake

Post by shakeanjake »

I Drive A Lexus wrote: Hot In Herre and Country Grammar are both classic '00s pop rap and better than the combined careers of Joe Budden and El-P.
http://duffmancantbreathe.blogspot.com
Funk, hip hop, soul, psychedelic, reggae and blues reviews and downloads.

RoKnew

Post by RoKnew »

step one wrote:
I Drive A Lexus wrote:
they are but I fucking loathe Hot In Herre, mainly due to being subjected to it far to much when it dropped (Im talking probably a 3 times a day minimum for 1 year between hearing at my job, on TV and when I was out in Tha Clubz)

Substitute it with Ride Wit Me and I'd agree. Dilemma is horrific though.
Hot in Herre is awful, I enjoyed that E.I song when it came out though.

However the only Nelly song that I might still play today is "St. Louis"

RoKnew

Post by RoKnew »

The Ivy League Nigga wrote: Did Smilez and Southstar have a gem that went unnoticed?
Their album was a classic, like Nas & Illmatic

iCONtheMicKing

Post by iCONtheMicKing »

Can't believe y'all still let Employee bait and troll the shit out of y'all. It's been what? 10 years now?
Internet Rapper - http://ipullrank.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

air force 1s might be my fave nelly jam

Huldrich Bullsh!t

Post by Huldrich Bullsh!t »

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

iCONtheMicKing wrote:Can't believe y'all still let Employee bait and troll the shit out of y'all. It's been what? 10 years now?
Posts were true, bro.

I'm sorry I let all of you down.

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

i get around

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Huldrich Bullsh!t wrote:Image
Good call.