DOOMTREE - No Kings

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

cormano

DOOMTREE - No Kings

Post by cormano »

Just got this in the mail. Anyone hear it yet? I've seen POS mentioned here but I don't think I've seen any talk about the rest of the crew.

www.doomtree.net

zombie

Post by zombie »

geektree

cormano

Post by cormano »

Soggy Soba Soldier

Post by Soggy Soba Soldier »

Doomtree is dope! Hardworking and down to earth ... dudes you feel good to support and see succeed.

new album will be getting lots of play (first impression is good), but can't compete with solo efforts - the member's styles can be jarring when juxtaposed. And too much sims. but damn if dessa and p.o.s arn't superstars.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Re: DOOMTREE - No Kings

Post by capable_keL »

cormano wrote:Just got this in the mail. Anyone hear it yet? I've seen POS mentioned here but I don't think I've seen any talk about the rest of the crew.

www.doomtree.net
I downloaded it.. is that what you mean? or did you actually receive it in the snail mail? It's okay, tom servo is one of the best producers out there.

he produced this

<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v1aZzFLlotw?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v1aZzFLlotw?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

i was laughed at pretty hard to playing the new dessa album. I like good clean safe music that doesn't really fit anywhere. I am a big fan of Mike Mitclan, POS? i don't know.. he sounds really contrived and it's hard for me to ignore that there were quite a few people doing that punk/rap combo in the city before he suddenly was packaged as the 'rock-punk-rapper'

it's music for whites with a hint of hip hop (minnesota style). there are a lot more talented people in MN, but not many as commercially successful. It's all about marketing. They always sell out and move units, so I'm happy for them. But I never could force myself to like it.

kind of like Heiruspecs.. not the most talented, or innovative but more commercially successful in this market.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

This is good shit.

Fuck h8rz.

deepfriedjellol

Post by deepfriedjellol »

listened to it all the way through in one sitting, pos is fucking awesome
beats are awesome
i cant tell anyone apart besides pos and dessa, but damn if shit isnt tits

zombie

Post by zombie »

Soggy Soba Soldier wrote:Doomtree is dope! Hardworking and down to earth ... dudes you feel good to support and see succeed.

new album will be getting lots of play (first impression is good), but can't compete with solo efforts - the member's styles can be jarring when juxtaposed. And too much sims. but damn if dessa and p.o.s arn't superstars.
waay too much sims. i thought he was alright circa lights out paris, now he's trash.
capable_keL wrote: it's hard for me to ignore that there were quite a few people doing that punk/rap combo in the city before he suddenly was packaged as the 'rock-punk-rapper'
there are a lot more talented people in MN, but not many as commercially successful. It's all about marketing. They always sell out and move units, so I'm happy for them. But I never could force myself to like it.
care to share which acts it is you're referring to that are more talented/less successful?
deepfriedjellol wrote:listened to it all the way through in one sitting, pos is fucking awesome
beats are awesome
i cant tell anyone apart besides pos and dessa, but damn if shit isnt tits
i am starting to confuse pos and mike a lot.

unbelievable dickhead

Post by unbelievable dickhead »

dessa sticks out like ani difranco on a ybt album

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

I've never been able to listen to a doomtree or p.o.s. song without turning it off halfway through. I don't get the appeal at all.

cormano

Post by cormano »

The beats on this album are crazy.

I actually liked Sims' last album, Bad Time Zoo a lot, but thrown in with everyone else (and even on track with POS on his album) he sounds like the weak link.

Still love the album, though.

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

beats on here are great. Dessa does sound out of place to me...

P.O.S. is my favorite black skater hipster punk rapper.

"Own Yours" is the shit.

self

Post by self »

this
Soggy Soba Soldier wrote:Doomtree is dope! Hardworking and down to earth ... dudes you feel good to support and see succeed.
also "black hipster skate punk rapper" huh

i may have just found my lane,
well two out of five aint bad

self

Post by self »

2/5 is actually kinda not good... i better figure me something out

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

cormano wrote:The beats on this album are crazy.

I actually liked Sims' last album, Bad Time Zoo a lot, but thrown in with everyone else (and even on track with POS on his album) he sounds like the weak link.

Still love the album, though.
Sims's Bad Time Zoo album was real dope. One of my fav. of the year.

Haven't gotten through this whole thing yet but I'm listening to it now. String Theory so far is the best track.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

self

Post by self »

all jokes aside,
i played with the homies sim and lazerbeak a while back
good guys, Minnesota breads down to earth rapfolks
gonna check this out for sure

zombie

Post by zombie »

up

on first listen, shit was not good.

but im starting to feel it now.

bolt cutters and little mercy are my favorites.

can't wait for the upcoming cecil otter album.

The Road

Post by The Road »

The Lazerbeak album dropping this month sounds promising

http://official.fm/tracks/335504

All instrumentals

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Employee
Fast Eddie