Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

thanks!

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

Disappointing:

Bad Meets Evil - obvious reasons

Everything Blu. dont know why i even give him a chance anymore. the last project i got from him went straight to my ipod and straight to the recycle bin within 20 minutes. Couldnt even hear his voice on the songs..great mc but fuck your output.fall back, soup it up a little.

Black Rob's album on Duck Down - Rob isnt necessarily someone i check for, or even mention when im talking about rappers i like. But i enjoyed his first 2 albums alot, especially The Black Robb Report since i expected it to sound more like this new one than how it actually sounded. That duck down album he released is horrendous on many levels.

Lupe - Lazers - I dont even know about this guy anymore. Another "fuck your output" goes to him and he doesnt even release alot of music. His lyrics and delivery cant be denied in my book, but the music just isnt there. I wasnt the biggest fan of The Cool's production overall but Lazers makes that shit sonically comparable to Illmatic. His new Mixtape is more of the same.

Slaughterhouse Ep - once again they come up short, not really a surprise.

K-Rino - Alien Baby - He needs a few legitimate producers' phone numbers. Some tracks are serviceable but his career ultimately sucks because of horrendous beat selection over time.

T.I. - No Mercy - The fuck???

Goblin - just didnt care anymore by the time it was released. every odd future beat is the same to me minus the few random standouts

Wale - Ambition - i thought it would be disappointing because he'd try too hard to be tough on record to appease MMG but he didnt go that route at all. Stayed true to his template for the most part but the corny r&b songs really water that record down. Not to mention his annunciation can be hilarious at times.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

vinylpops wrote:Maffew Ragazino
I wasn't familiar with him from before but Million Dollar View was pretty sick.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Gotta agree with Lupe, Black Rob, and Tyler's albums. Throwing in Big Sean, too, for the mix.

supnick

Post by supnick »

bosses of all bosses 2.8

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

The only answer is Lupe's Lasers
"I spit that thug shit nigga, MOTHERFUCK singing"

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

KRS-One & Showbiz - Godville

michaelE

Post by michaelE »

Magneto wrote:The only answer is Lupe's Lasers

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

Worst:

Big Sean's album -hated every second of that shit

L.E.P. Bogus Boys - No idea what this album is called or why i downloaded it other than it being free..shit was a complete joke.

Cam'ron & Vado 2.8 - i liked Gunz N Butta but i wasnt interested in this joint at all..

Del's triple disc - Seriously??

Cormega - Raw Forever - Only considered worst because he refuses to drop an album. And thats considering i refuse to accept Born And Raised as a legit album.

JCole's album - hated it

Dap

Post by Dap »

A Kid wrote:Worst:

Big Sean's album -hated every second of that shit

L.E.P. Bogus Boys - No idea what this album is called or why i downloaded it other than it being free..shit was a complete joke.

Cam'ron & Vado 2.8 - i liked Gunz N Butta but i wasnt interested in this joint at all..

Del's triple disc - Seriously??

Cormega - Raw Forever - Only considered worst because he refuses to drop an album. And thats considering i refuse to accept Born And Raised as a legit album.

JCole's album - hated it
nah that lep shit is quality after a few spins. i can agree with the rest though.

also blu was disappointing as fuck along with lupe, tyler, and to an extent yelawolf

Versive

Post by Versive »

supnick wrote:bosses of all bosses 2.8
Co-sign. Doesn't stack up to any of its predecessors.
I still haven't checked this, was actually thinking about it earlier today. Is it all on some "look at me I like indie rock" shit or what?

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

watch the throne met my expectations. it has some really good beats, and on some tracks the ye & jay combo works great. i don't think it's disappointing cause nobody expected another jay classic
why you say that? it's his best produced album. for the most part mega doesn't have the energy he used to but a few tracks on there are among his best. i guess im nitpicking cause i'd probably rank it as his 4th best album
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

EichTurner

Post by EichTurner »

there's at least one dope song off lasers
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/71McnVwWPwU?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/71McnVwWPwU?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
i'm not very helpful though i didn't listen to the whole album
illegal mind shoe lace

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:watch the throne met my expectations. it has some really good beats, and on some tracks the ye & jay combo works great. i don't think it's disappointing cause nobody expected another jay classic
why you say that? it's his best produced album. for the most part mega doesn't have the energy he used to but a few tracks on there are among his best. i guess im nitpicking cause i'd probably rank it as his 4th best album
im just mad, its a bunch of songs that were already out. i dig the format but The Realness/The True Meaning are classic to me and everything since has been subpar minus maybe the project with Lake and he was barely even on that.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

if you expected anything good from big sean or jcole you got nobody to blame but yourself
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

drizzle wrote:if you expected anything good from big sean or jcole you got nobody to blame but yourself
exactly. i'm proud to say i have never attempted to hear either album and neither will appear in any poll out of respect to non-gays.

goodHEROX420

Post by goodHEROX420 »

Lasers by far.....

DLG

Post by DLG »

watch the thrown and goblin were the only ones I downloaded. listened to each twice i think.

Seiko Flossberg

Post by Seiko Flossberg »

michaelE wrote:

Gyangsta 4 Life

Post by Gyangsta 4 Life »

Versive wrote:
I still haven't checked this, was actually thinking about it earlier today. Is it all on some "look at me I like indie rock" shit or what?
You know that Dr. Dre song "I Need A Doctor" featuring Eminem? The one that made everyone not care about Detox anymore?

Lasers is that song repeated eleven times.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Goblin

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Philaflava wrote:
drizzle wrote:if you expected anything good from big sean or jcole you got nobody to blame but yourself
exactly. i'm proud to say i have never attempted to hear either album and neither will appear in any poll out of respect to non-gays.
eh, j. cole.....considering he was working with No I.D. from what i've read....wasn't sure what to expect. its about a 2.5 out of 5 for me. a couple of cool tracks on it with some joints that were pretty :meh:.

big sean, i just gave a shot based on a song he did a year or two ago i thought was pretty good. heard the album and shit was just all over the place and i could not recognize his voice from anybody else.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

File under "WORST":

Bones

Post by Bones »

game - red album

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

thats kinda why i listed them under Worst instead of Disappointing. I had no expectations at all from either project and got what i expected.

MAGOG

Post by MAGOG »

A Kid wrote: K-Rino - Alien Baby - He needs a few legitimate producers' phone numbers. Some tracks are serviceable but his career ultimately sucks because of horrendous beat selection over time.
absolutely. somebody tweet dj toomp or some shit.