best cormega album

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

best cormega album

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

I know most people were disappointed by born & raised. The beats are great but mega lost his energy. "Girl" as dope as it is is basically a new twist on "american beauty." About 4 tracks in the album really takes off though.

Anyway overall I can't front like born & raised is better than his early 2000s albums. I'm taking

The testament
>
Realness/true meaning
>
born & raised
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

The True Meaning is my favorite, but if I was going to say what his best is, it's a toss up between The Testament and The Realness. Probably go with The Realness.

But for some reason, The True Meaning is my favorite Mega album.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

True Meaning
Realness
Testament

Don't think The Testament is all that to be honest.
Last edited by Combo7 on Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Realness. But his first 3 were all pretty fucking good.

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

true meaning
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rob Banks

Post by Rob Banks »

The Testament's a little rough around the edges.

I'd have to go with "The Realness". I played that tape heavy circa 2001. And it still receives moderate burn today.
I like Philly basketball, Boston baseball, and New York rap.

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Of course it's The Realness. Some of the best streetraps I've heard delivered with Mega's smooth flow (before it turned lethargic) and probably a top 10 album of the 00's. Classic album with hardhitting bangers, Thun & Kicko, Get Out Of My Way, You Don't Want It, and heartfelt songs where I almost have to pinch myself to avoid weeping, Fallen Soldier, Saga, R U My Nigga.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

ManOfSteele1

Post by ManOfSteele1 »

They all are letdowns with about one or two songs worthy of remembering because of very boring beat selection.

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

i lost my cormega albums, can a nigga get the realness and the true meaning on pm or something

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Piff Tannen wrote:can a nigga get the realness and the true meaning on pm or something

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: hilarious when taken out of context of the conversation
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Req

Post by Req »

drizzle wrote:
Piff Tannen wrote:can a nigga get the realness and the true meaning on pm or something

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: hilarious when taken out of context of the conversation
LOL, felt like I was reading an alt.rap group posting. Thread title = The truth behind 2Pac's death and $ymbol1sm on the Makaveli album.
F.U. MOOLAH

J Dub

Post by J Dub »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:Of course it's The Realness. Some of the best streetraps I've heard delivered with Mega's smooth flow (before it turned lethargic) and probably a top 10 album of the 00's. Classic album with hardhitting bangers, Thun & Kicko, Get Out Of My Way, You Don't Want It, and heartfelt songs where I almost have to pinch myself to avoid weeping, Fallen Soldier, Saga, R U My Nigga.
Agreed on pretty much all of this.

Also, this is probably as good a place as any to post up the remix to The Saga that came out with the special edition. Fucking amazing:

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N7dqhq9hy8k?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N7dqhq9hy8k?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Verbal Graffiti and Built For This are two of my fav. tracks by him. The True Meaning by far. But his other albums got some bangers too.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

aeokq

Post by aeokq »

Born & Raised on the strength of this cut alone:

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wCujjqgv9vs?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wCujjqgv9vs?ve ... n_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I feel that may be Ayatollah's best beat ever. The a capella leading into that song makes it even better.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:Of course it's The Realness. Some of the best streetraps I've heard delivered with Mega's smooth flow (before it turned lethargic) and probably a top 10 album of the 00's. Classic album with hardhitting bangers, Thun & Kicko, Get Out Of My Way, You Don't Want It, and heartfelt songs where I almost have to pinch myself to avoid weeping, Fallen Soldier, Saga, R U My Nigga.
thun & kicko is marred by punch ins :(
1. Nas
2. Drake

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

ManOfSteele1 wrote:They all are letdowns with about one or two songs worthy of remembering because of very boring beat selection.
mega has some of the best beat selection out there. besides havoc no big time producers were really lookin out for him (maybe there was one ayatolla beat on there too? or is that true meaning)

american beauty for example you might say it's a played out sample but mega produced that himself. that's how it was. then with a little attention he got pete rock on the next one etc.

then with born & raised he put out a better produced album than most rappers 10x more famous than him can. beat selection is his strong point
1. Nas
2. Drake

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

The Realness by far.

i really hated Born and Raised, im more of a fan of the "My Brothers Keeper" album he did with Lake.

also the new joint Raw Forever is ok, old joints remixed by a band.

The ILLatino

Post by The ILLatino »

The True Meaning is probably my fave, but I can't stand idly by and let some of you clowns disrespect Born & Raised. I'm not saying it's better than The Realness or True Meaning, but it sits comfortably beside those. "Make It Clear" is one of Primo's best beats in ages, and "The Other Side" is one of the best songs in Mega's entire catalog.
http://www.twitter.com/the_illatino

RIP Josh
Galvatron78 wrote:I wanna put my head up Irina's skirt and say a Das Efx verse.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Funny how no mentions "Who I Am." That album was such a let down. And I agree with ILLatino about "Born & Raised," "The Other Side" is great and "Rapture" is phenomenal. Red Alert's old ass is hilarious on "Mega Fresh X."

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

to me mega fresh x was the only wack song on born & raised. yo if born & raised came out 1 or 2 years after true meaning people would love it. it just took so long to come out people got their expectations up.

who i am isn't really a mega album, it has like 3 songs by him. fun fact i was looking through my special edition cd & it says "coming soon dona: my brother's keeper" guess she got pushed to the side when lake came out
1. Nas
2. Drake

The ILLatino

Post by The ILLatino »

Shit, I was diggin' Dona's verses on that Legal Hustle comp. I wonder what happened to her.
http://www.twitter.com/the_illatino

RIP Josh
Galvatron78 wrote:I wanna put my head up Irina's skirt and say a Das Efx verse.

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

yeah seems like he bit the bullet when people hated on Dona and let her go..she wasnt all that bad tho...that album had its moments...its also the home to one of Ghost's most technical verses.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

One thing about Mega I think I like about him is that he is a smooth yet kinda cold-blooded on the mic. Sincere in what he speaks on. His dealer raps are very believable. I caught up late on the other albums because I took some time to check out Tha Realness more.

:lastweek: on Legal Hustle for me even though I've heard some of it before. Co-sign on Dona. Whatever happened to her?
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner