New Action Bronson (updated with Rare Chandeliers)

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

RwithTF

New Action Bronson (updated with Rare Chandeliers)

Post by RwithTF »

Contemporary Man
http://www.thesermonsdomain.com/2012/01 ... -supplies/

It's got a pretty good flow, but I also am a sucka for AB nh.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

:arrow:

:mods:

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

merge this with teh statik selektah thread

all the borks are gonna backlash like crazy over the party supplies and harry fraud albums
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

RwithTF

Post by RwithTF »

Ha I didn't know what to to do. Yeah If It's already posted up in the Statik thread, my bad.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

The more I hear from this dude, the less I am impressed.

Every song is exactly like Ghostface Karaoke.

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

that shit cray

RwithTF

Post by RwithTF »

I can't say that I'm really impressed with this song, but I still have Well Done and Bon Apetitt....Bitch on repeat in the whip.

zombie

Post by zombie »

are all the songs going to have samples from popular songs from the 80s?

I'll buy into that fad.

zombie

Post by zombie »

to be honest well done fucking blew.

I was hyped to hear it, and the beats were a huge letdown

static skeletor fucking SUCKS.

Weekend Warrior
Location: SF Bay Area, CA >wicked22@aol.com< >www.MHzRadio.com< >twitter.com/BayAreaWicked<

Re: New Action Bronson

Post by Weekend Warrior »

RwithTF wrote:Contemporary Man
http://www.thesermonsdomain.com/2012/01 ... -supplies/

It's got a pretty good flow, but I also am a sucka for AB nh.
What the FUCK?! Is that shit forreal??? That shit is wick Wick WACK!!! Why the fuck is Bronson wasting his time doin bullshit like that??? *shaking head*

Thank god we have WELL-DONE, DR LECTER and BON APPETIT... BITCH

alpha

Post by alpha »

who the fuck is party supplies?

edit: signed to fool's gold. so this guy is basically another "girl talk" ? :arrow:

chapter thrive

Post by chapter thrive »

what the fuck was that haha. i just played it on air without prior listening cause of the name and it sounded like an album sampler?

EichTurner

Post by EichTurner »

the very first beat on that is pretty dope. i don't get how artists like these guys and girl talk get sample clearance though. they just take entire songs don't they? not trying to diss just genuinely curious seems like theyd have to pay a shitload..
illegal mind shoe lace

Dids

Post by Dids »

Employee wrote:The more I hear from this dude, the less I am impressed.

Was listening to some of his stuff today. While I don't agree with the first part, the 2nd is pretty on point. So much Ghostface.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

lol this shit is hot garbage

DLG

Post by DLG »

EichTurner wrote:the very first beat on that is pretty dope. i don't get how artists like these guys and girl talk get sample clearance though. they just take entire songs don't they? not trying to diss just genuinely curious seems like theyd have to pay a shitload..
from what I understand, if it's not an album that is being sold retail and it's just a mixtape or free album, then you don't pay anything because you're not making money from it.

girl talk pretty much makes money from his live shows, I don't think he sells his albums.

EichTurner

Post by EichTurner »

DLG wrote:
girl talk pretty much makes money from his live shows, I don't think he sells his albums.
:lol: .. okay... makes more sense. so is this action bronson with party supplies just a mixtape to or am i drawing too many conclusions?
illegal mind shoe lace

Weekend Warrior
Location: SF Bay Area, CA >wicked22@aol.com< >www.MHzRadio.com< >twitter.com/BayAreaWicked<

Post by Weekend Warrior »

EichTurner wrote::lol: .. okay... makes more sense. so is this action bronson with party supplies just a mixtape to or am i drawing too many conclusions?
Yes, it's just a Mixtape (thankfully). I still don't get why the fuck he'd work with that clown Party Supplies? Seems like a retarded project. *shaking head*

Kace

Post by Kace »

That joke is really played out already.
'I suppose everyone has their own limit, but some things you simply can never stop fighting for.'

axel foley

Post by axel foley »

DLG wrote:
EichTurner wrote:the very first beat on that is pretty dope. i don't get how artists like these guys and girl talk get sample clearance though. they just take entire songs don't they? not trying to diss just genuinely curious seems like theyd have to pay a shitload..
from what I understand, if it's not an album that is being sold retail and it's just a mixtape or free album, then you don't pay anything because you're not making money from it.

didn't weezy get sued for "i feel like dying"? can't find anything about the final ruling though.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

:lol: this is pure entertainment.

But Phil Collins could take Party Supplies for everything, I am sure these samples are not cleared.

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

The people suing Wayne used the fact that he was still performing it live in concert against him.

Also, I remember Thomas Dolby tried suing Kevin Federline for freeztyling over Mobb Deep's "Got It Twisted" or whatever it's called. Dolby said he gave Mobb Deep the clearance, but no one else.

http://top40.about.com/b/2006/04/06/tho ... erline.htm

And, here's where a group wasn't selling a track with a sample, and the label still said "no". The http://modestep.co.uk/blog/?p=67

Girl Talk claims his usage is "fair use" and that no one has come after him yet.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Kace wrote:

I'm sorry I offended the emotional connection you feel.

zombie

Post by zombie »

:lol:

EichTurner

Post by EichTurner »

sleazy_j wrote:The people suing Wayne used the fact that he was still performing it live in concert against him.

Also, I remember Thomas Dolby tried suing Kevin Federline for freeztyling over Mobb Deep's "Got It Twisted" or whatever it's called. Dolby said he gave Mobb Deep the clearance, but no one else.

http://top40.about.com/b/2006/04/06/tho ... erline.htm

And, here's where a group wasn't selling a track with a sample, and the label still said "no". The http://modestep.co.uk/blog/?p=67

Girl Talk claims his usage is "fair use" and that no one has come after him yet.
:lol: yeah ... something's up. there's no way you can just take ENTIRE songs and put whole other entire songs over them. how is he just not paying anything Lol.
illegal mind shoe lace

Dids

Post by Dids »

Kace wrote:

Unless you're specifically talking about the karaoke part, I don't think it's really a joke to note that the guy's style (while good, I've enjoyed what little I've heard a lot) is really derivative of Ghostface's.

Hair of the Dog

Post by Hair of the Dog »

nah, the biggest similarity is in the voice but they flow differently.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Hair of the Dog wrote:nah, the biggest similarity is in the voice but they flow differently.
No, they don't.

In fact the only real difference is the baritone in the voice. Strong 'NO HOMO', but Ghost's voice is noticeably deeper.

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

i was cised when the beat started, rapping over sledgehammer is never a bad thing, but i got bored once they changed up beats a bunch.

action bronson + marco polo

Kiran187

Post by Kiran187 »

Not bad...definitely a different lane from his previous stuff but I can fuck with it. Isn't that one of the reasons to work with producers you might not normally work with? To get a different sound? I could have done without the singing on the 4th or 5th beat flip though.