Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

supnick wrote:talk to these niggas glossy baby
Post/Sig.

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

I dont think anybody's saying that he should continue doing shows or that no one should be disappointed if his show aint on point. I think that in people's disappointment and lack of answers they make up whatever cause they can based on whats provided. I think that the people who do have a little more info feel a certain compulsion to say something that adds a little sensitivity to the discussion. But its difficult to do so without the post turning into some old tabloid shit.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Translation:

If you are (or were) a fan of Blu you can be pissed that he has put out a bunch of subpar music or pissed that you paid to see a subpar show, but don't blame those things on him just being lazy, not giving fuck, or having a drug problem.

vinylpops

Post by vinylpops »

I thought it was ok to be open about someone not rocking the mic right in hip hop?

And to those that eluded to a personal problem, you already made it into a tabloid discussion rather than not saying anything and now you opened a different can of worms.

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

vinylpops wrote:I thought it was ok to be open about someone not rocking the mic right in hip hop?

And to those that eluded to a personal problem, you already made it into a tabloid discussion, rather than not saying anything. Now you opened a different can of worms.
Bingo Bango.

He sounds depressed. Maybe he should join Blu Man Group?

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

vinylpops wrote:I thought it was ok to be open about someone not rocking the mic right in hip hop?

And to those that eluded to a personal problem, you already made it into a tabloid discussion rather than not saying anything and now you opened a different can of worms.
nobody said it wasnt ok to call anybody out for whatever.

and tabloid or not its not always easy to know what to speak openly about or what distances to maintain with subjects that we have personal experience with and personal feelings about. I had decided to stay quiet about it and I see now I prolly should have stuck to that. But as somebody who was just on the road with the person in question I have a different sort of understanding of his situation and I have to square that with having enough respect for some of the people that post here that I dont want them to say some shit they might regret later.

I can clearly see that I was wrong to broach the subject tho. Dude is a grown man and its foolish to try to engineer any empathy he hasnt garnered on his own. Nothing is going to stop him from having to deal with the consequences of the decisions he makes. Hell, maybe that might help him in the long run. Lesson learned. Party on.

YOUNGMOE

Post by YOUNGMOE »

the whole shit came off amateur to me

ape9

Post by ape9 »

damn.. seems like Blu is exteme bipolar and schizophonic to me.. reguardless dude has a dope flow and good rhymes. wish him my best

GrimeyHippy

Post by GrimeyHippy »

I got problems but if I dont show up and do my job properly I still get fucking fired

zombie

Post by zombie »

the thing that annoys me the most in this topic is when mac posted and peopel started to quote him.

mac shouldnt have even made a post to begin with, should have just deleted it.

because by him trying to act sincere, he still brought about in this topic the exact thing he didnt want to happen. rumor/gossip.

trying to act all high and mighty by editing post and acting high and mighty or whatever.

topic should get lcocked.

dirtybird

Post by dirtybird »

GrimeyHippy wrote:I got problems but if I dont show up and do my job properly I still get fucking fired
exactly. if you're self-employed, and you don't fulfill a contract, you don't get re-hired or get good references. i hope the dude the best, but this is what happens in real life.

zombie

Post by zombie »

lol @ comparing your office job to an artistE

RacquetballGangsta

Post by RacquetballGangsta »

Blu sucks...always has. and probably always will.
twitter.com/deweydimbabwe
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

nett ist der kleine bruder von scheiße

GrimeyHippy

Post by GrimeyHippy »

zombie wrote:lol @ comparing your office job to an artistE
I'm an illustrator

lol @ comparing shitty rapping to art

zombie

Post by zombie »

doubt you're an artist lets see your work hot sh*t

Hair of the Dog

Post by Hair of the Dog »

Apparently the Blu & Madlib album dropped yesterday or the day before in typical Blu fashion: No warning or promo, and available to purchase for $15 on bandcamp. Now I'm seeing all the links are dead or the album has been pulled.

Did anyone hear this before it got pulled, or know why it got pulled?

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

it prolly got pulled cuz it was dropped in
typical blu fashion, no warning, no promo,

and unmixed i heard.

madlib might put out 450 albums a year but at least he will try to give a nigga a heads up

sucks, cus id check for that shit, i am a blu fan, but i dont even pay 15 bucks for shit with deluxe packages on itunes

in fact, i bristle at apps costing more than 99 cents

i am also a bum tho

Hair of the Dog

Post by Hair of the Dog »

word, that sounds about right. Madlib probably got wind of this and had it pulled....hopefully that means this gets proper mastering treatment and an eventual release

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

i heard the album....... i dont know what to say really sounds like it was recorded on the phone

zombie

Post by zombie »

^that

ayentee

Post by ayentee »

hellriser wrote:i heard the album....... i dont know what to say really sounds like it was recorded on the phone

This guy is allergic to studios
lyricist/beat-maker/gamer/hermit

perlman

Post by perlman »

If anyone got the UCLA album please PM a nigga
If I had a hammer/I'd build a city on stilts

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

i heard it. it's trash. For the most part i'm a blu and lib fan. Blu and Exile's last one caught me off guard with how much I liked it...but like everyone else said in here....he's doing that pretentious shitty quality sound that, he thinks sounds artsy again. And the beats for the most part sounded like throwaways.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

maybe hes just losing his hearing

or mixing on headphones

or

yeah i dunno i got nothin

at this point he might as well start doing side prjects with blunt fang if he likes that 'terrible audio quality' steez

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

ayentee wrote:
hellriser wrote:i heard the album....... i dont know what to say really sounds like it was recorded on the phone

This guy is allergic to studios
:lol: :copy:
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Nav

Post by Nav »

"Stones Throw says Madlib had nothing to do with UCLA"

http://pitchfork.com/news/45486-madlib- ... m-sort-of/
Resolved Question
Does Biggie Smalls hate HipHop???

"Shoulda been a cop, Fukc Hiphop"

I've been wondering what he meant by this.
Additional Details
Rap sucks, HipHop is better

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
Naw, he likes hip hop and rap. He was just referring to if he hadn't started rapping he would've been a cop.
So he's cursing it, not that he doesn't like it, just for the sake of it.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

sounds way too much like their rough ideas with the inconsistent recording value. would like to hear a proper mixdown of this whole project but thats wishful thinking. well, at least NoYork sounded like it was mixed kind of nicely in comparison to some of his other work.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

ayentee

Post by ayentee »

this isn't that bad
lyricist/beat-maker/gamer/hermit

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

ayentee wrote:this isn't that bad
Surprisingly good. I guess you can't enjoy this if you have a degree in music or music engineering.