Blu getting called out in SF

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

RoKnew

Blu getting called out in SF

Post by RoKnew »

Discuss:

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HaeS3BVgmwQ?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HaeS3BVgmwQ?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Julius Seizure

Post by Julius Seizure »

drunken/retard

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

looks like he was putting on a weak show in someones living room

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Dude was probably right. Exile carries white guilt though.

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

this will only get worse.

gentlejones

Post by gentlejones »

this is the guy

https://twitter.com/#!/dregs_one

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uXayZ7ljb_0?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uXayZ7ljb_0?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Fuzzy Logic

Post by Fuzzy Logic »

saw this and almost posted it

i like blu more everyday

ape9

Post by ape9 »

so I can't watch vids at work.. what happened in the vid?

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

ape9 wrote:so I can't watch vids at work.. what happened in the vid?
A faggot local got on stage and acted like a faggot until Exile (or Okwerdz with a beard) screamed "GET THE FUCK OFF THE STAGE!" in his face.

ogie

Post by ogie »

gentlejones wrote:this is the guy

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uXayZ7ljb_0?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uXayZ7ljb_0?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
dude sucks

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

eh, i'm still listening to Blu. Exile got his :jaz: on with that shit.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

did he say half honky half negro?

GrimeyHippy

Post by GrimeyHippy »

he's a bum who puts on shit shows and puts out mostly shit music, was bound to happen

BTW late pass

Gurp City come back up your homie

Exile settle your ass down before you find yourself fukin with ngas you cant candle

The Frankest

Post by The Frankest »

Blu is lightweight in my opinion but a respectable MC in his own right.... it's common knowledge but Below The Heavens was fucking masterful.

This clip didn't surprise me.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

GrimeyHippy wrote: Exile settle your ass down before you find yourself fukin with ngas you cant candle
Crossed my mind.

Versive

Post by Versive »

mike eagle wrote:this will only get worse.
Drugs are bad.

Gurped Out

Post by Gurped Out »

My fam bam Dregs takes this shit seriously, come to the bay and put on a weak ass show in front of some cats who really rock shit live and you are bound to get called out. Especially when we have seen Blu put on a good show before this was just terrible.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Gurped Out wrote:My fam bam Dregs takes this shit seriously, come to the bay and put on a weak ass show in front of some cats who really rock shit live and you are bound to get called out. Especially when we have seen Blu put on a good show before this was just terrible.
Uh uh. That is absolutely not Bay tradition. You know that better than anyone. People don't rush stages here. Bad look, man. If it's not your show; stay in the crowd. No one is paying to see Dregs trying to forcefully engage Blu in some heavy petting.

Dudeman

Post by Dudeman »

whats Blu's story now? what kinda drugs does he like?
dudeman

tayRavage23

Post by tayRavage23 »

GrimeyHippy wrote: Exile settle your ass down before you find yourself fukin with ngas you cant candle
You already know there was a grip of security off camera Exile not live lol.
The Frankest wrote: This clip didn't surprise me.
Me either he was on the same bullshit when he did a show in SF over summer too.

dubs

Post by dubs »

after reading comments, it sounds like Blu rarely if ever puts on a decent live show. The same dude that uploaded this video has a couple others from the same night, one titled "Blu forgetting his lines" or something like that. Everybody said he was just leaning on the mic stand, intoxicated, no energy, forgetting lines, and eventually Aloe Blacc(?) came and saved the night for him.
Employee wrote:dubs being the West Coast's ric, his thug is bonafide and justified.

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

Rappers with no stage presence are fucking awful.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Sylissez wrote:Rappers with no stage presence are fucking awful.
:cheap:

wuk

Post by wuk »

Only time I saw Blu live a few months ago, he was pretty fucked up and had to restart a lot of his songs, was only able to finish a verse or two here and there. It was actually still okay. About what I expected anyway.

I was really only there to see Open Mike.
ryebread mixes. <--------download

RoKnew

Post by RoKnew »

Dude seems to be embracing his resemblance to Bubbles from The Wire

tayRavage23

Post by tayRavage23 »

dubs wrote:after reading comments, it sounds like Blu rarely if ever puts on a decent live show. The same dude that uploaded this video has a couple others from the same night, one titled "Blu forgetting his lines" or something like that. Everybody said he was just leaning on the mic stand, intoxicated, no energy, forgetting lines, and eventually Aloe Blacc(?) came and saved the night for him.
when he did that show in SF with mob figaz it was all of this AND he was wearing a dodgers hat.

maclethal

Post by maclethal »

Not trying to divulge too much of Blu's personal info, because it's absolutely none of my business, and I hate gossiping. But he isn't being a drugged up asshole who doesn't respect his fans, or know his own music.

Edit: deleted what I originally typed. I simply should not put this type of info out about someone I don't know, even if I am trying to defend them.

Trust me on this: Blu deserves a lot of empathy and respect. He has some things going on in his life that he has no control over (not drugs), and it causes this behavior. It sucks, but there's really no other option.

I hope that's not too gossipy. Just trying to encourage people to not vilify the man unfairly.
A tuna that smells like pussy is better than a pussy that smells like tuna. -Anonymous

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

ogie wrote:
gentlejones wrote:this is the guy

dude sucks
F'real. I don't follow Blu or whatever, but this dude should not be calling anyone out. Vanilla ass rapper if there ever was one.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

maclethal wrote:Not trying to divulge too much of Blu's personal info, because it's absolutely none of my business, and I hate gossiping. But he isn't being a drugged up asshole who doesn't respect his fans, or know his own music.

Edit: deleted what I originally typed. I simply should not put this type of info out about someone I don't know, even if I am trying to defend them.

Trust me on this: Blu deserves a lot of empathy and respect. He has some things going on in his life that he has no control over (not drugs), and it causes this behavior. It sucks, but there's really no other option.

I hope that's not too gossipy. Just trying to encourage people to not vilify the man unfairly.
Then don't perform. Rappers don't look it at this way but it's work. If you're paid to give a performance do it. Otherwise people will say shit about how bad of a performer you are. If a comedian sucks after you paid to see money you're not going to say, oh well, he is going through a divorce.

If you're an athlete and you underperformed your contract you're vilified by everyone. That is the difference in being a professional. If you're going through a rough patch, then take time off. The minute you accept money to perform you better get your shit together or prepare for negative attention.