Nas - Another Black Girl Lost

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

B. Ware tha Siniq

Nas - Another Black Girl Lost

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

Things I would like to commission a hologram of?

'92-95 Nas

good lord this is worse than "You Owe Me"

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0_fSDd5zkTY?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0_fSDd5zkTY?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

:(

vaporized2

Post by vaporized2 »

wurgh...

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Horrendous
"I spit that thug shit nigga, MOTHERFUCK singing"

Req

Post by Req »

F.U. MOOLAH

The Frankest

Post by The Frankest »

Fuck... Well, at least the flow picks up in the second verse and he sounds kinda lively. That's the mark of the rejouvenated Nas of "Life Is Good". But yeah this better be the weakest song on the album.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

jay z's new stuff shits all over this. wow

:fail:

just disgusting

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

street's disciple part 2

nas needs a theme to make an album now. 'life is good' is the worst theme i could think of. if life is good u aint hungry dog.

please cut this def jam..
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Nom Inf

Post by Nom Inf »

What the Fuck and Why the Fuck?

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote: please drop nas & take all his money def jam..
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

The first one wasn't even a classic smh

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:street's disciple part 2

nas needs a theme to make an album now. 'life is good' is the worst theme i could think of. if life is good u aint hungry dog.

I disagree. It's good for Nas to actually remind ghetto people and anyone who might listen to his voice that life is precious, valuable, important and sacred. Life IS good, it's not meant to be a path from being Brenda's baby to Trayvon Martin.

Jay-Z hasn't made a statement in YEARS. Except maybe "I invented swag", which is a ludicrious and retarded notion. Jay-Z didn't even define the aesthetic of the "Watch the Throne" project, it seemed like a Kanye West idea featuring a bunch of Jay-Z verses. Jay ain't been a leader for years. At least Nas is trying.

I don't mind this song. It's not that bad, and if you listen to the lyrics, it's some necessary shit to say to this generation of black men and women, both young and those in their second childhood. "mid-30s/ spending dough at Magic". And talking about multiple marriages, molestation, morning after pill issues, sexual abuse, infidelity, and other grown up shit is exactly what he should be rapping about on this song.

and Escobar305, you buggin, son. "Black Girl Lost" is an extremely important idea to hip hop culture that Nas encapsulated succinctly with the original. This sequel intelligently isn't as pessimistic, but it's equally realistic.

If you don't like the beat or the hook, that's understandable, its your opinion. But I think cats should at least show respect to what Nas is trying to do here. Create some REAL edutainment, instead of the same old fucking ghetto glamor bullshit that comes out every god damn week on these shitty ass blogs, and provoke some thought with a culture that seems hellbent on destroying its own brain with every ignorant fucking new jack hustler that steps in the game.

but I know how y'all do. SO HATE ON :ironmike:

Life is still good for the Gods and God's Son.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:street's disciple part 2

I disagree. It's good for Nas to actually remind ghetto people and anyone who might listen to his voice that life is precious, valuable, important and sacred. Life IS good, it's not meant to be a path from being Brenda's baby to Trayvon Martin.

Jay-Z hasn't made a statement in YEARS. Except maybe "I invented swag", which is a ludicrious and retarded notion. Jay-Z didn't even define the aesthetic of the "Watch the Throne" project, it seemed like a Kanye West idea featuring a bunch of Jay-Z verses. Jay ain't been a leader for years. At least Nas is trying.

I don't mind this song. It's not that bad, and if you listen to the lyrics, it's some necessary shit to say to this generation of black men and women, both young and those in their second childhood. "mid-30s/ spending dough at Magic". And talking about multiple marriages, molestation, morning after pill issues, sexual abuse, infidelity, and other grown up shit is exactly what he should be rapping about on this song.

and Escobar305, you buggin, son. "Black Girl Lost" is an extremely important idea to hip hop culture that Nas encapsulated succinctly with the original. This sequel intelligently isn't as pessimistic, but it's equally realistic.

If you don't like the beat or the hook, that's understandable, its your opinion. But I think cats should at least show respect to what Nas is trying to do here. Create some REAL edutainment, instead of the same old fucking ghetto glamor bullshit that comes out every god damn week on these shitty ass blogs, and provoke some thought with a culture that seems hellbent on destroying its own brain with every ignorant fucking new jack hustler that steps in the game.

but I know how y'all do. SO HATE ON :ironmike:

Life is still good for the Gods and God's Son.
:ignore:

supnick

Post by supnick »

why would he make a sequel to literally the one bad song on it was written

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

supnick wrote:why would he make a sequel to literally the one bad song on it was written
BECAUSE LOST BLACK GIRLS LIKE NICKI MINAJ ARE INFLUENCING THIS GENERATION OF YOUNG BLACK GIRLS TO BE "BARBIES" :puke:
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

supnick

Post by supnick »

i gotta put my dick in something doe

Nom Inf

Post by Nom Inf »

The OG version was definitely not a bad song in retrospect.

This shit, on the other hand, is horrible.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Nom Inf wrote:What the Fuck and Why the Fuck?

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

moved by duck muscles

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

supnick wrote:i gotta put my dick in something doe
do you want to hate what you stick your dick in, or hate yourself for sticking your dick in it? :killacam:

i'm sure Nicky Minaj is a great person... WHEN SHE'S NOT BEING NICKI MINAJ :wtf:

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Mindbender Futurama wrote: but I know how y'all do. SO HATE ON :ironmike:
Ironic given that you defend this song by listing various unrelated albums and rappers that you blindly hate/envy.

Nas is pretty shit right now. No dishonest and labored "message" is going to redeem that. This is supposed to be music anyway, if I wanted to hear a motivational speech for women I would watch an Oprah Winfrey rerun.

Nicki Minaj is an empowered and confident woman who has taken charge of her own life and worked hard to be succesful. Shes a more positive rolemodel for young women than Nas could ever hope to be.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Surprisingly good.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote: but I know how y'all do. SO HATE ON :ironmike:
Ironic given that you defend this song by listing various unrelated albums and rappers that you blindly hate/envy.

Nas is pretty shit right now. No dishonest and labored "message" is going to redeem that. This is supposed to be music anyway, if I wanted to hear a motivational speech for women I would watch an Oprah Winfrey rerun.

Nicki Minaj is an empowered and confident woman who has taken charge of her own life and worked hard to be succesful. Shes a more positive rolemodel for young women than Nas could ever hope to be.
are you shitting me? you gots to be taking the piss.

LISTEN to the lyrics of this fucking song "Another Black Girl Lost". Content-wise, it's LIGHT YEARS above the trite, ghetto fabulous, gimmicky, redundant bullshit that Nicki Minaj, and SO many other MCs, are spitting.

Your ears aren't the only things listening to rap. This song is for all the little black girls out there that don't have many black male role models in their lives. I don't mean to disrespect you, but really CQ: can you possibly try to comprehend the importance of something like that, in this day and age? What is Azealia Banks spitting for the little girls? Where's Lauryn? Where's Foxy? Kim? Eve? Iggy Azalea (barf)? When there is nothing inspiring being said to young black girls in 2012 hip hop, where is fuckin Bahamadia, Monie Love, Lin Que, Mia X, Lady Luck, MC Lyte or fuckin Queen Latifah?

Peace to Psalm One tho., that song she just put out with R.A. the Rugged Man called "Open Relationship" IS MY SHIT :rockout: :rofl:
and I'm glad Rah Digga dissed Tyler the Creator last week.

but I digress.
Nicki Minaj is pretty much a Cash Money puppet doing the best she can to be the Black Lady Gaga. That insincere plastic smile and cartoony face and all that gaudy coloring and shitloads of bunk lyrics that are actually 2 steps backwards, not a step forward from the verses on "Monster" with Kanye, "Up All Night" with Drake, or "Roman's Revenge" with Eminem on her first album. There is NOTHING Nicki Minaj has done this year that is an improvement on her old self. Lower album sales, less cameos, A LOT less respect for perpetually dragging out that uber-played-out "beef" she has with Lil Kim, actually damaging her own credibility in the process since her constant subliminal jabs to Kim show how little relevance Nicki's words have when it's time to get real. She has less than nothing to say this year. She has arguably the worst verse on "Champion" with Young Jeezy, Drake and Nas. Sure, she earns lots of money. But would YOU want your daughter to have Nicki Minaj 2012 as her #1 role model? :killacam:
if so, she's got a decent chance to be another black girl lost.

Nas is being a leader in an age of followers.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

supnick

Post by supnick »

i want nas to just do a r&b album

its not like his career even matters anymore

the chorus on gimme yours is better than az's whole career

me & you off streets disciple >>>

up up up up laaaaadididadada who0oo0oaaaaaaa

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

should be called black rapper lost

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Philaflava wrote:should be called black rapper lost
:cheap:

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

:naswtf:
Nets 2022

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

Best Nas song since I Got To Have It, IMO :

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z4E5rdQuoTc?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z4E5rdQuoTc?version=3&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>