8. Cold
9. Say What?
10. Chill
11. Uncle Traum

Produced by: Odd Nosdam & Jel

:ohsh:

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Woah...wasn't expecting something so soon after those EPs. This year keeps getting better and better.

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

this one's more along the lines of family and friends but with harder production.

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

Sounds promising, count me in.

Guun

Post by Guun »

mike eagle wrote:this one's more along the lines of family and friends but with harder production.
:cheers:

sounds awesome. Family and Friends was one of the best albums to come out last year.

LameAim

Post by LameAim »

mike eagle wrote:this one's more along the lines of family and friends but with harder production.
Yes.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

anyone interested in buying vinyl/old cds straight from Geti:
http://serengetiraps.bigcartel.com/

More info on the new album:
It happened in Berkeley. There was a beat. Then there were
rhymes. Then cuts. Three dudes came together to do what they
do bestג€”lay it down, kill shit, make an album.

And thatג€™s what C.A.R. is: a record of the work that went
down at three points between the dawn of 2009 and the close of
2011 at a place called Burnco, the cottage studio of Anticon aural
wizard Odd Nosdam. Chicago rapper Serengeti was in town
crashing on Jelג€™s couch (thatג€™s it on the cover), and each day he
and his beat-making host would grab a cup of joe and hoof it
over to Nosdamג€™s. Two would chill in the backyard while the
third did his thing. One would mellow in the backyard while the
two did their thing. Three would cool out in the backyard while
listening to their thing. Each man a master of his field, they trusted
each other to make the songs good, and they are. C.A.R. fits
together just right. Eleven tracks, one interlude, twenty-nine and
a half minutes.

WHY?ג€™s Yoni Wolf co-produces a song. Dee from Thee More
Shallows helps out on another. Daddy Kev mastered the thing.
Jel rapped once, scratched a ton of wax, and co-produced the
beats with Nosdam, who mixed it too. ג€™Geti rhymed a bunch.
They had fun. They made C.A.R. You can have it.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Just read that Jel & Odd Nosdam already have ANOTHER LP w/ Geti finished titled C.A.B. OME & Geti are both becoming more and more prolific. A lot of quality music on the horizon.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

unclebengi wrote:Just read that Jel & Odd Nosdam already have ANOTHER LP w/ Geti finished titled C.A.B. OME & Geti are both becoming more and more prolific. A lot of quality music on the horizon.
sheeeiit..in my wildest damn day dreams im not half as prolific as Geti. dude has like 20 albums. i think he's done 3 records this year already

wuk

Post by wuk »

ryebread mixes. <--------download

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

mike eagle wrote:
unclebengi wrote:Just read that Jel & Odd Nosdam already have ANOTHER LP w/ Geti finished titled C.A.B. OME & Geti are both becoming more and more prolific. A lot of quality music on the horizon.
sheeeiit..in my wildest damn day dreams im not half as prolific as Geti. dude has like 20 albums. i think he's done 3 records this year already
note that I didn't say you were AS productive as Geti, he's almost in Lil B territory, but don't sell yourself short, not only have you been insanely productive in the last year, but it's been your best work and there hasn't been a single misstep. No pressure for 4NML HSPTL.

Gyangsta 4 Life

Post by Gyangsta 4 Life »

ole john cougar mellencamp album cover lookin' ass

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Gyangsta 4 Life wrote:ole john cougar mellencamp album cover lookin' ass

U mad?

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

http://www.spin.com/#articles/serengeti ... -dennis-ep

[quote]Chicago rapper Serengeti is one of the most emotionally wrenching MCs working today, his raw, confessional, slow-flowing intensity a marvel on works of fiction and non-fiction alike. His upcoming C.A.R. LP, due July 31 via Anticon, picks at scabs (the rigors of touring life, the anxiety of social interaction, dashed dreams) while his recent Kenny Dennis EP is a the best chapter in an ongoing work of fiction that doubles as therapy session (wherein he's a white forty-something sports-and-sausage enthusiast who was briefly a rapper in the Shaq-Fu '90s). Both records, and the promised Kenny Dennis full-length, are produced to a kitschy, fuzzy, samplecentric, old-school crisp by Anticon beatmakers Jel and Odd Nosdam. SPIN talked to 'Geti about the speed bumps that prompted this creative hot streak.

You were crashing on Jel's couch a bunch to make these records. Why were you in California?
I got laid off, so I had unemployment. So it was like the perfect time just to get out there and do a whole bunch of stuff. I would just go out to Berkeley and Jel and I and [Odd Nosdam]ג€¦ We just started messin' around and it turned into like four albums.

What were you doin' for work before this?
I was working at this psychoactive seeds and herbs shop over the internet. Like all that salvia stuff before that got banned. And kratom. All these like psychoactive things that I had never even heard of. But then everything must come to an end. And I had this whole plan that I would do all these records and then hopefully tour them to, like, make some income. But that didn't work out so wellג€¦ so now it's back trying to get a job again.

You haven't found a job yet?
I'm tryin' to go back to the trucks ג€” the job I used to do on the beer truck. It's like, aw man, here I am. It's like a full circle. Like, I used to be a young whipper-snapper on the trucks thinkin' like, "Oh man, what happened to these people." And now I see, I was just na

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

I had a brief convo w/ geti on twitter about that article, pretty sad, but he seems resigned to his situation. Sounds like he'd rather work a day job than do all the newtworking/tweeting/promoting he feels is necessary to really make his music a financial success. It sucks that musicians are forced to make those types of decisions these days, but music alone usually isn't enough for indie artists. For someone like Geti, the music should be enough.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

DLG

Post by DLG »

pretty sad to read. I guess being genuine and original and truly talented just doesn't pay the bills.

ogie

Post by ogie »

Money Daniels

Post by Money Daniels »

ogie wrote:new song - "talk to me"
http://pitchfork.com/player/download/4767/
Good shit.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

i'm all in with jel and odd nosdam on the beats
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Song's dope as fuck.

"NBA wives, arguing outside, a sense of beauty and pride, watching women fight for guys/ Whatever, people all have they faults, Like skimming a couple grand from your company's bank vault/ and you were trusted, left the upper brass disgusted, took years for company to get readjusted/ or your wife having a secret family in Gary, her 2nd spouse sorta looks like Neneh Cherry"

Dude's the best stream of consciousness rapper in the game.

Album was set to drop today originally, but I think they pushed it back a month, can't wait to hear this shit.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

<object width="500" height="281"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id= ... y=0&loop=0" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id= ... y=0&loop=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="500" height="281"></embed></object>

ogie

Post by ogie »

i'm really diggin' that track. dope video. looks like you can pre-order here, since anticon's website is down right now:

http://www.midheaven.com/item/car-by-serengeti-cd

Versive

Post by Versive »

I really enjoyed his verse on 4NML HSPTL, might finally be coming around.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Geti is doing a set with Jel tonight at Lincoln Hall, he is opening for Hannibal Burress.

J Dub

Post by J Dub »

Brougham33 wrote:Geti is doing a set with Jel tonight at Lincoln Hall, he is opening for Hannibal Burress.
Actually thought about hitting that show up last night but then decided I didn't wanna go just to see a half hour set from Geti. I've never seen something like that before where hip hop dudes are opening up for a comedian, odd.

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

J Dub wrote: Actually thought about hitting that show up last night but then decided I didn't wanna go just to see a half hour set from Geti. I've never seen something like that before where hip hop dudes are opening up for a comedian, odd.
man..thats the story of my career

J Dub

Post by J Dub »

mike eagle wrote:
J Dub wrote: Actually thought about hitting that show up last night but then decided I didn't wanna go just to see a half hour set from Geti. I've never seen something like that before where hip hop dudes are opening up for a comedian, odd.
man..thats the story of my career
Haha, the "I was gonna go, but didn't" thing? My bad, to be fair I actually go to a ton of shows, especially local ones in Chicago. The only thing is they usually tend to be metal shows. Turnout at those aren't usually very good either, even for the well known bands who tour nationally.

I saw Geti open up last year for Beans at Subterranean. Had no idea who he even was at the time but he killed it, been listening ever since.