Saigon calls Rick Ross the fuck out

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Saigon calls Rick Ross the fuck out

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.1 ... -community
"Why yaג€™ll supportinג€™ a n*gga that promotes the destruction of our community? Why are you doinג€™ that? Why would you let this n*gga thrive and we donג€™t know where our next jobs are coming from?" he said. "Heג€™s rapping about selling kilos of cocaine and selling drugs. This is what heג€™s about, this whole lifestyle saying heג€™s so rich and he eats shrimp every night, and yaג€™ll support this sh*t? Yaג€™ll broke and poor and your familyג€™s about to get kicked out. Thatג€™s our hit son! Thatג€™s his hit. Nobody knows the words to this song, all they know is ג€œass, ass, ass, ass, ass, ass, assג€ [background noises]. We donג€™t care about ג€œass, ass, ass, ass,ג€ but this is the society we livinג€™ in right now. So itג€™s like alright.ג€

:copy: :rofl: :copy: :rofl: :copy:

:bow:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

word but I don't care about no poor fuck about to get kicked out of their home, I have money and I care about money, so I like rap about money

lock thread

step one

Post by step one »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:word but I don't care about no poor fuck about to get kicked out of their home, I have money and I care about money, so I like rap about money

lock thread
:lol:
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:word but I don't care about no poor fuck about to get kicked out of their home, I have money and I care about money, so I like rap about money

lock thread
You've been on a roll lately holmes.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Big Sean gets hit in the crossfire too :thebest:
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

oh look another fight saigon picked and nobody still cares.

Dids

Post by Dids »

If you waited to 2012 to make this point about Rick Ross when you could have made it any time in the past decade about a litany of artists (Jay-Z maybe) you're looking pretty fucking in need of attention.

And it's (mostly) a stupid fucking point.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Dude was on fucking Entourage. Shut the fuck up.

Kace

Post by Kace »

Beefs ain't what they used to be.
'I suppose everyone has their own limit, but some things you simply can never stop fighting for.'

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

U kno he backpedaled from his statements right fuck boy?

step one

Post by step one »

Escobar305 wrote:U kno he backpedaled from his statements right fuck boy?
TELL US WHUT THA STREETZ R SAYIN BOUT IT THO

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

step one wrote:
STREETS IS TALKING

step one

Post by step one »

Escobar305 wrote:
step one wrote:
STREETS IS TALKING
ID HAVE THOUGHT THA STREETZ WOULDA DONE HAD MORE PRESSING PROBLEMS TO CONSIDER THOUGH?

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

:mods:

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Saigon says "It ain't about Rick Ross," as he explains last week's quotes. The rapper blames major labels and corporate radio. He also plays a snippet of his next single, relating to this discussion.

This holiday weekend, rapper Saigon released the latest update in a developing story from last week. The veteran New York emcee was quoted by SOHH for comments criticizing the message of rappers including Rick Ross. The quoted included, Saigon saying, "[Rick Ross is] rapping about selling kilos of cocaine and selling drugs. This is what heג€™s about, this whole lifestyle saying heג€™s so rich and he eats shrimp every night, and y'all support this shit? Y'all broke and poor and your familyג€™s about to get kicked out."

After the story published, Saigon responded, claiming the comments were taken out of context. SOHH responded this weekend, releasing the audio of Saigon's interview.

While touring in Germany, Saigon has now responded by video, explaining his purpose in the states. The rapper began a seven-plus minute video admitting, "I'm getting a lot of backlash from being very outspoken."

Sai recalled his three-year-old daughter recently inquiring about a star rapper's name. "This is no disrespect to Nicki Minaj or whateva, but it's the fact that it's so sad that in America, through Hip Hop - something we created through our struggle as Black people, my three-year-old daughter is inquisitive about what a 'menage' is or what it means. Because mainstream America is making a lot of money off of sellin' sex."

Commenting on his relationship with Rick Ross, Saigon explained why he contacted the Miami, Florida-based rapper after the story published. "I don't know him-know him, but me and him have a rapport. So I went on Twitter and I @'ed him; I don't ever @ nobody," "I said, 'Look man, I got nothin' but respect for you. Do you. Feed your family. But I'm in my lane, so I gotta do what I gotta do regardless."

In the vlog, Sai clarified his point about who is behind the messages in mainstream Rap music. "It ain't just Rick Ross, first of all. It ain't even Rick Ross; Rick Ross is an artist. It's [Chairman and CEO of Sony Entertainment] Doug Morris. It's Universal Records. It's Sony Records. It's Radio One. It's Clear Channel. These [artists are] pawns. These people is pawns to the same people who enslaved us," he stated. Sony Red distributed Saigon's 2011 release, The Greatest Story Never Told, which was released through Suburban Noize Records.

The rapper also responded to crirticism he's faced since the story broke. "The people goin' against me right now more than anybody are my own people," Saigon said, believed to be referring to Black people. "Everybody else knows I'm right."

Before previewing his new single from his forthcoming album, "Rap Vs. Real," Saigon acknowledged his outspoken nature to be his purpose. "This is why I was put on this earth, man. I'm Malcolm X, yes. I'm Martin Luther King, yes. I'm Tupac, yes. So shoot me, try to assassinate my character, call me an idiot, do what you want. That shit don't matter, 'cause it's just getting started."
:copy:

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Saigon says "It ain't about Rick Ross," as he explains last week's quotes. The rapper blames major labels and corporate radio. He also plays a snippet of his next single, relating to this discussion.

:rofl:

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

Doesnt menage mean love? Why didnt he just tell his daughter it means love and keep it movin

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Combo7 wrote:

:rofl:

Pizon

Post by Pizon »

His 3-year-old daughter didn't ask what "Minaj" means. When you tell a kid someone's name, they don't ask, "What does that mean?"

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

'Menage' means household, I think. Household of three = menage a trois.

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Me`nage
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB