General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

it won't stop[/quote]
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

there's nothing valid about this. its an underground recording artist with asperger's versus a sociopath in a slam poetry contest.

diz is the homie and i have a bunch of other homies in that scene but if this is the highlight of the accapella battle year it has as much to say about the form as it does about canibus.

step one

Post by step one »

lol @ Bender bouncing off the fucking walls with excitement about this whole thing
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

dilla7

Post by dilla7 »

http://www.twitch.tv/ns_xaviz/b/320923835
Go To 6:44:37 For The Canibus vs. Dizaster since it over 8 hours

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

Employee wrote:LOL @ your faggot-based short-armed ass trying to downplay what will be one of the most talked about rap events of the year (not to mention the subsequent years during which Canibus will morph from man-to-meme).

You are such a fucking Canibus.
come on. you're a fan of these battles i assume. a vast majority of rap fans could not give a shit about any of these organized battle leagues & will completely ignore this like they've been ignoring canibus for 15 years

aeokq

Post by aeokq »

I don't think Canibus could've made a bigger fool of himself. He failed on so many levels. The fact that he was in a motherfucking sling made it all the more surreal.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

ackbar wrote:
Employee wrote:LOL @ your faggot-based short-armed ass trying to downplay what will be one of the most talked about rap events of the year (not to mention the subsequent years during which Canibus will morph from man-to-meme).

You are such a fucking Canibus.
come on. you're a fan of these battles i assume. a vast majority of rap fans could not give a shit about any of these organized battle leagues & will completely ignore this like they've been ignoring canibus for 15 years
Yet for some reason we're smackdab in the middle of a motherfuckin' three-page banger on a Sunday, blood.

Fuck whether or not you like battling or the relevancy of the scene or battle rap's current state or you've moved on from science and are now exploring sensuality (not a knock @ you, blud; I know you keep it thorough): as a pure rap spectacle this is entertainment. Anyone who thought it was going to be anything beyond what it was is taking things a bit too seriously, sure. But to deny all the hilarity involved or to pretend you are too mature for it now is pretty gay and unbased.

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

aeokq wrote:I don't think Canibus could've made a bigger fool of himself. He failed on so many levels. The fact that he was in a motherfucking sling made it all the more surreal.
Yeah, that was more painful then I ever imagined.

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:Image

Versive

Post by Versive »

I don't understand Canibus' "chokes" or anyone's for that matter. If you can't remember your written, move on and spit some shit off the top. Who gives a fuck if it sounds bad? Freestyle, say anything. It's a fucking battle. The fact that anyone, Bis included, would just stand there offering nothing but awkward silence is very disturbing to me.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Versive wrote:I don't understand Canibus' "chokes" or anyone's for that matter. If you can't remember your written, move on and spit some shit off the top. Who gives a fuck if it sounds bad? Freestyle, say anything. It's a fucking battle. The fact that anyone, Bis included, would just stand there offering nothing but awkward silence is very disturbing to me.
the fact that some guys haven't figured this out yet is mind-boggling.

motherfucker, silence is your WORST ENEMY in these battles.

saying some wack shit is TRULY better than pulling a 'B. Rabbit in 8 Mile' choke.

cause even the best lines of all time have some stupid dickhead troll writing "I could come up with some shit better than that" in the YouTube comments

some dumb nursery rhyme punchline jokes are sometimes the most impactful lines, just said with the right delivery, you're good.

Canibus just standing there dazed and confused was the double layer of diarrhoea icing on the shitpile cake he just baked and ate in everyone's face. those raps were a lot of :bunk:

and him flipping thru the book, wasting more time, was the bloody cherry on top. The combined battle minds of Rakim God Nas Allah 50 Cent Saddam couldn't return fire from the attack that Dizaster dropped when Canibus started spitting those basic bars in round 2.

I mean, Germaine Williams actually used the line "mama say mama sah, ma ma koosah", like from Michael Jackson, in this battle.

the last :bunk:
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Is the cracker from Canada? Im trying to figure out what bender has invested in the shit.

Versive

Post by Versive »

Yes, the skinny white man front and center is Organik of Toronto. King of the Dot (KOTD), the league that organized this event, is his.

Yo, the faces he and the rest of the crowd are wearing when Canibus admits defeat and explains he is going to begin reading out of his notebook are priceless.

Versive

Post by Versive »

The battle posted on the last page cuts off with Bis reading "I stick dick to ya moms." Did Dizaster spit a 3rd verse?

dubs

Post by dubs »

i watched the whole thing. was a dizaster all around.

Illmac was sloppy drunk, i was waiting for a fight to break out.

KOTD needs a lifeline.
Employee wrote:dubs being the West Coast's ric, his thug is bonafide and justified.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Versive wrote:The battle posted on the last page cuts off with Bis reading "I stick dick to ya moms." Did Dizaster spit a 3rd verse?
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah, does Dizaster EVER spit a third verse.

you NEED to find that. Jesus fucking Hell Rell's Toilet Adventure Christ, you need to get that third verse.

Canibus takes off his glasses, already admits defeat and concedes his loss to Diz... and then it's like "uh, well Dizaster probably has a third verse ready, should we let him spi-"

and before you know it, Dizaster is doing a jig and bootfuck curbstomping an already dead and decomposing body into the broken concrete.

like, it really was over in the first round.
second round, it was just a fatality.
after Diz's third? SMFH.
poor, poor Canibus.
there is not a single rapper on planet earth who is in worse shape right now than Canibus. the money means nothing. the past means nothing. the present is nothing but absoluting fucking DEPRESSING, and the future ain't gotta be looking that bright right about now.

LL Cool J is somewhere in some Hollywood mansion (like Dizaster said): laughing his fucking guts out.
@dsisive Canabis got Magnottaed.. litterally fucked & decapitated on film
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

"Magnottaed". yup.

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

Versive wrote:I don't understand Canibus' "chokes" or anyone's for that matter. If you can't remember your written, move on and spit some shit off the top. Who gives a fuck if it sounds bad? Freestyle, say anything. It's a fucking battle. The fact that anyone, Bis included, would just stand there offering nothing but awkward silence is very disturbing to me.
some of that was freestyle

problem is, the quality level goes way down real fast if you're freestyling out of desperation. it basically opens the door to choking. its damn near impossible to end a round as strongly with a freestyle. especially for a dude battling in that style for the first time that only prepared three weeks

chiefbombpro

Post by chiefbombpro »

Somewhere, LL is slightly amused.
Philaflava wrote:all these new blog rappers should be tasered on the regular.

iCONtheMicKing

Post by iCONtheMicKing »

some people need to just keep their mystique.

it would have been far more effective if Canibus just no-showed like he normally does.

He coulda at least said he was busy time traveling through syllables or some shit.
Internet Rapper - http://ipullrank.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dubs

Post by dubs »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
like, it really was over in the first round.
second round, it was just a fatality.
after Diz's third? SMFH.
poor, poor Canibus.
there is not a single rapper on planet earth who is in worse shape right now than Canibus. the money means nothing. the past means nothing. the present is nothing but absoluting fucking DEPRESSING, and the future is morbidity.
fixed.
Last edited by dubs on Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Employee wrote:dubs being the West Coast's ric, his thug is bonafide and justified.

iCONtheMicKing

Post by iCONtheMicKing »

Also Diz said a lot of awesome shit, too bad that part of the story is getting lost here due to the guy who raps about battling invisible rappers doing a terrible job of battling a visible one
Internet Rapper - http://ipullrank.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AXEWOUNDFISTER
OG FISTOLA

Post by AXEWOUNDFISTER »

LameAim

Post by LameAim »

chiefbombpro wrote:Somewhere, LL is busy shopping for hats and generally not giving a fuck about whose garbage can Canibus is eating out of this week.

maclethal

Post by maclethal »

Philaflava wrote:Would any of you listen to either of these rappers on a real song?
that's not the point right now.

the venue being discussed is the gladiator's arena.

some MCs are able to handle the pressure. some aren't.

whether it's freestyle or written, the face-to-face conflict aspect of rap is valid.
I agree with MB.

I wouldn't listen to Isaac Brock and Jeff Tweedy try to rap battle. What's the point of referencing battle rappers' musical abilities? Also, don't front like you didn't at least pump "Beasts From the East", "2nd Round K.O." if not a few other tracks by Canibus. He had some shit in the late 90's.

Dizaster is a top 5 battle rapper in the world. Whether or not his songs are good is moot, because his battles are fantastic, and that's all he really claims to be good at.
A tuna that smells like pussy is better than a pussy that smells like tuna. -Anonymous

aeokq

Post by aeokq »

I'd also like to add that Organik has to be the biggest wigger in the world. Lush One isn't far behind. I don't watch those battle leagues mainly because I don't like how battling has evolved into a stand up comedy a capella shouting match. Dudes have skill though, no doubt about it. Dizaster spit some lethal shit, sent Canibus home to the grave.

Canibus is such a fuckin bitchmade amateur. It was truly difficult to watch him stand there like a fucking moron, pausing 45 seconds between bars. Then admitting defeat at the start of the third and whipping out his notebook. "I got thirty pages of rhymes in here!" Fucking jesus....

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

that was so bad, Bus would have lost to Conspiracy in the most painful battle of all time.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ER3lzlz7C0k?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ER3lzlz7C0k?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

mike eagle wrote:

problem is, the quality level goes way down real fast if you're freestyling out of desperation. it basically opens the door to choking. its damn near impossible to end a round as strongly with a freestyle. especially for a dude battling in that style for the first time that only prepared three weeks
sometimes, this is true, sometimes not.

occasionally, one of these battle rapper's freestyle rebuttals will be 2 or 4 bars of absolute dynamite, that is more of a hard hitting line than some written set-up.

like Dizaster couldn't have known Canibus was going to wear an arm sling. So when he freestyled "you hit yourself in the chest so hard, your shoulders touched" and everyone was like :ohsh: , it was better than some other great lines he spit, like the one about Wyclef.

if you have prepared your battle mind, your vocabulary and your powers of observation enough, you can come up with a spontaneous rebuttal that's as strong as some of your writtens, and never have a moment of silence in your verse, whether you are freestyling or spitting writtens. but it takes ELEVATED SKILL.

you can see Dizaster at the end, choosing how he wanted to FINISH HIM.

and you can almost see his mind processing the infinite possibilities of the moment, like "what can I say about this vs. what did I plan to say about it? hmmmm... let's go with: I PUT CANIBUS IN A BOX AND LL COOL J IS A FAGGOT, just cause it's completely fun and games now" :rofl:

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:copy:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :bow:

:thebest:

Versive

Post by Versive »

mike eagle wrote:

I know some of Dizaster's was off the top, but it was hard to tell with Canibus since there was so much time in between each of his bars anyway. I understand what you're saying and agree with you, but anything's better than dead air, you know?

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

mike eagle wrote:

sometimes, this is true, sometimes not.

occasionally, one of these battle rapper's freestyle rebuttals will be 2 or 4 bars of absolute dynamite, that is more of a hard hitting line than some written set-up.

like Dizaster couldn't have known Canibus was going to wear an arm sling. So when he freestyled "you hit yourself in the chest so hard, your shoulders touched" and everyone was like :ohsh: , it was better than some other great lines he spit, like the one about Wyclef.

if you have prepared your battle mind, your vocabulary and your powers of observation enough, you can come up with a spontaneous rebuttal that's as strong as some of your writtens, and never have a moment of silence in your verse, whether you are freestyling or spitting writtens. but it takes ELEVATED SKILL.

you can see Dizaster at the end, choosing how he wanted to FINISH HIM.

and you can almost see his mind processing the infinite possibilities of the moment, like "what can I say about this vs. what did I plan to say about it? hmmmm... let's go with: I PUT CANIBUS IN A BOX AND LL COOL J IS A FAGGOT, just cause it's completely fun and games now" :rofl:
it takes preparing for more than three weeks for your first go round to pull that off. thats my entire point